Riverside International Raceway

Tracks Riverside International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
@LilSki Do you know how penalty areas work when making tracks in AC? Im just curious as i notice so many places and lots of tracks (if not all?) both AC ones and mod ones where you can just drive over large areas off track and come up somewhere else and there is no penalty. I thought maybe you just define an area around the whole track on the sides of the tarmac? But that cant be it, or maybe the penalty system just doesnt work properly? I just noticed this as i tested to drive off road during races and found that you can cut so much on many tracks without ever being penalized.

@LilSki Do you know how penalty areas work when making tracks in AC? Im just curious as i notice so many places and lots of tracks (if not all?) both AC ones and mod ones where you can just drive over large areas off track and come up somewhere else and there is no penalty. I thought maybe you just define an area around the whole track on the sides of the tarmac? But that cant be it, or maybe the penalty system just doesnt work properly? I just noticed this as i tested to drive off road during races and found that you can cut so much on many tracks without ever being penalized.
It is defined by the surface properties. There basically two ways this works. One is IS_VALID_TRACK = 0 or 1. This is what apps like RSR use. When you go more than 2 wheels off the valid track you get a cut violation but no time penalty. The time penalty is set with the BLACK_FLAG_TIME= flag for that surface. So you define a custom surface where you want the penalty to be and define the time in the surface.ini settings. If the surface is not defined in the 3D model there is nothing you can do to change it unless you edit the model.

I personally prefer the slow down method to prevent cuts. If you try to cut T5 at RIR for example it will slow you down to a crawl. And the sand through the esses should slow you down enough to make it not worth your while to cut. I don't like the time penalty system and choose not to use it on my tracks.

Hi Lilski,

A great update (as usual I may say :p) !

However, compared to previous versions, I have some fps drops (from 60 to 30) in the start line area and at the hairpin, only in the presence of AI though (14 AI for me). As it came simultaneously with the 1.9 AC version, I'm not sure if it's really related to your update or not. However, Kunos tracks run smoothly in the same conditions...

Maybe there is some big stuff to calculate for the GPU in these places...

Anyway, thank you very much for this great work !! :)

Hi Lilski,

A great update (as usual I may say :p) !

However, compared to previous versions, I have some fps drops (from 60 to 30) in the start line area and at the hairpin, only in the presence of AI though (14 AI for me). As it came simultaneously with the 1.9 AC version, I'm not sure if it's really related to your update or not. However, Kunos tracks run smoothly in the same conditions...

Maybe there is some big stuff to calculate for the GPU in these places...

Anyway, thank you very much for this great work !! :)
Well there is a ton more stuff on screen compared to 0.8. However my benchmark tests put it about even with kunos tracks and nobody that tested it mentioned any substantial frame drop.

It is defined by the surface properties. There basically two ways this works. One is IS_VALID_TRACK = 0 or 1. This is what apps like RSR use. When you go more than 2 wheels off the valid track you get a cut violation but no time penalty. The time penalty is set with the BLACK_FLAG_TIME= flag for that surface. So you define a custom surface where you want the penalty to be and define the time in the surface.ini settings. If the surface is not defined in the 3D model there is nothing you can do to change it unless you edit the model.

I personally prefer the slow down method to prevent cuts. If you try to cut T5 at RIR for example it will slow you down to a crawl. And the sand through the esses should slow you down enough to make it not worth your while to cut. I don't like the time penalty system and choose not to use it on my tracks.
Thanks for the explanation. I think i tested cutting at the last big corner and i could just go over the grass without any penalty. I have to test it again though, maybe i was slowed down but i dont remember i was. And of course you dont do that normally, but i found myself in situations where i overshot a corner and couldnt stop in time and as i went over a larger part of the track there was no type of penalty.

I see it on so many tracks where in some places you get a penalty (or slowdown) but many places you can just beam over the grass and come up nr 1 without any penalty. Maybe AC could use another system. In hotlap mode it works great, but in races you rarely see penalty when cheating.

Woah, welcome to official top 3 @LilSki !
I know I know, but I did bloody tell ya it was gonna take that spot when you´d get 1.0 done!
Or was it my private top 3? Anyway, grats! :D
Deserved 100%

Well there is a ton more stuff on screen compared to 0.8. However my benchmark tests put it about even with kunos tracks and nobody that tested it mentioned any substantial frame drop.
Yes, I've seen it... I don't know if there is something wrong in my rig... :( I'll see with the next updates of AC and of my Nvivia drivers...

Porsche_917-10-029.jpg
6c5cb957d60c3ba58b0cd18aaf8ae886.jpg
HDK-4904.jpg

I finally got to make some laps on the updated version after being without internet for the last week; really nice job, track is fantastic. Thank you!!!
A week?! I would have jumped off a bridge by Day 5. :(
v1.0 drives brilliantly, Lilski! Beautiful job on the track. You really get a 1970s Southern California desert feel. You captured the essence tremendously well. :thumbsup:

I forgot to mention in release that RIR supports 32 pit spots in MP. In single player it is limited to 24 since that is all that will fit in the main pit boxes. But for MP since pit lane has no collisions I added the extra boxes in a second row to the left of the main boxes. You should be able to put 32 on your server settings if you edit the json file on the server. The clients will get a error on the number of boxes BUT you can still join the server and there will be a box for everyone.

Bridgehampton is setup in a similar fashion but with 42 boxes.

Not sure if this has been reported here yet, but I found a bit of a hole/dip in the "Long" layout. I didn't get a screen that shows the track-map, but if you want to know more than this image shows, I'll get you better details.
5abd3d8f-6297-4847-a1d9-654f8a47b820
cgqPZb1.jpg

Not sure if this is something toebee will have found...if he even uses the physical mesh for the conversion?

Not sure if this has been reported here yet, but I found a bit of a hole/dip in the "Long" layout. I didn't get a screen that shows the track-map, but if you want to know more than this image shows, I'll get you better details.
5abd3d8f-6297-4847-a1d9-654f8a47b820
cgqPZb1.jpg

Not sure if this is something toebee will have found...if he even uses the physical mesh for the conversion?
Looks to me like exit of T8 just before you get on the main back straight. I will take a look thanks.

And nope rF2 does not use the physical mesh. It has to have to visual be the physical for the "real road" to work. So the rF2 version will loose some detail in the road surface unfortunately.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back