Riverside International Raceway

Tracks Riverside International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Well can't believe it took this long for someone to find this but indeed there is a hole(s) there. I'll patch it up and likely release an update for this and NJMP this weekend.
rirhole.JPG

LilSki updated Riverside International Raceway with a new update entry:

RIR

Minor bug fix update to 1.1
  • Fixed strange Turn 9 wall behavior where it can seem to be slightly sticky.
  • Fixed hole in mesh in Turn 8
  • Fixed hole where if you somehow went left of turn 9 you would fall off the map.
  • Added reverb zones to multiple areas around the track
  • Added AI hints to all layouts to help the AI run a bit faster in some areas.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great. So far I see that the surfaces.ini files for each layout weren't changed in the update, so there is no need to actually update any data/content on a server running RIR, right?

Last edited:
Great. So far I see that the surfaces.ini files for each layout weren't changed in the update, so there is no need to actually update any data/content on a server running RIR, right?
No updates to surfaces.ini but there was a change to the physics mesh to fix the T8 holes and T9 wall. I believe if you add the phy.kn5 to the server it will enforce that file in the checksum.

The only file necessary on the server is the surfaces.ini. All other files are only necessary on the client side.

Go to your *AC install path*\server and have a look at the content, tracks only need surfaces.ini (plus drs_zones.ini if available) and cars only the data.acd file.

The only file necessary on the server is the surfaces.ini. All other files are only necessary on the client side.

Go to your *AC install path*\server and have a look at the content, tracks only need surfaces.ini (plus drs_zones.ini if available) and cars only the data.acd file.
It's the minimum required. But if you add the kn5s to the server it will also use them. On our league servers they do that. If I change a kn5 that the server has it will throw a checksum.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

So with the kn5 files it would force everybody to use 1.1, without them 1.0 & 1.1 would work. 'Only' downside would be that ppl. with 1.0 could be at a disadvantage!?

I'll check it out tomorrow.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

So with the kn5 files it would force everybody to use 1.1, without them 1.0 & 1.1 would work. 'Only' downside would be that ppl. with 1.0 could be at a disadvantage!?

I'll check it out tomorrow.
That should be the case yes. Other than the holes and T9 wall, the track is technically identical to race on between 1.0 and 1.1.

I just ran some laps around Riverside International on the Spike layout. I often spend so much time focusing on my driving, even when watching replays, that I don't fully absorb all of the elements to the track's surroundings. Not this time. I really paid attention to every square inch that I could with the cameras on the Spike layout. Just beautiful work. The way you blend the dirt/sand and grass looks so natural and the colors you use are so natural. Looking around at all of the RV's & flags and people behind fences...It really gives the track a great atmosphere. Always a good time when I race or run laps on Riverside. I think I'll probably run a race on Riverside when I get back home from my doctor's appointment. I can't wait. :D

Thanks for keeping the track updated. Nothing worse than modders just abandoning their cars/tracks without letting someone else take over development.
Agreed, but LilSki's track are on an amazing level on release that they don't really need much work anymore. It's was released 5 month ago and the update lists quite few things. Have a look at other mods and how much work those projects need after release.

About the server, with surfaces.ini only 1.0 and 1.1 work without checksum errors.
Now I only have to decide if I should enforce 1.1 or not, so ppl. that don't update mods can still join, which still is an issue with VIR every time we use it.

Agreed, but LilSki's track are on an amazing level on release that they don't really need much work anymore. It's was released 5 month ago and the update lists quite few things. Have a look at other mods and how much work those projects need after release.

About the server, with surfaces.ini only 1.0 and 1.1 work without checksum errors.
Now I only have to decide if I should enforce 1.1 or not, so ppl. that don't update mods can still join, which still is an issue with VIR every time we use it.
If it is a public server then just leave it with the surfaces.ini. There really is little to no advantage to 1.1 if you drive clean.

Version 1.0 had 32 pit box in Long version, now all variants have 24. Any posibility to 32 pit in Long version with 1.1?

----

I said nothing, don't remember de json edit file for 32 pit.

Thanks.

@LilSki

I raced Riverside Short yesterday with the new AI and they seem to tap the brakes on the first left fast corner, right after the start-finish-line, which you can normally take flat out. The car I used was the new Lotus, but it's also happening with other cars as well. Is there any chance of you updating the AI line? That would be very much appreciated.

@LilSki

I raced Riverside Short yesterday with the new AI and they seem to tap the brakes on the first left fast corner, right after the start-finish-line, which you can normally take flat out. The car I used was the new Lotus, but it's also happening with other cars as well. Is there any chance of you updating the AI line? That would be very much appreciated.
Yeah I've had some reports of the new AI not doing well at RIR. Not sure when but I will revisit the AI at some point.

Hell together!
I just found that wonderful track yesterday i tried it,but i had to put the PP Effects an AC off to have a stable racewith 60 fps.The track is too heavy on the gfx,noticed it even with Sebring,the same thing.All other track are running well.Can this be fixed or why is that so?
Thanx for reading
DC

Hell together!
I just found that wonderful track yesterday i tried it,but i had to put the PP Effects an AC off to have a stable racewith 60 fps.The track is too heavy on the gfx,noticed it even with Sebring,the same thing.All other track are running well.Can this be fixed or why is that so?
Thanx for reading
DC
Well without any kind of computer specs I have no way of knowing if it is a problem or not. I built this track on a pretty low end machine and had no frame rate issues. In the end not much can be done to help due to the amount of RVs that are at the track. If you want you can remove them by lowering world detail or renaming the RV.kn5 file in the track folder. That is the best I can offer as I have no plans to update this track other than maybe some AI tweaks.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%