Riverside International Raceway

Tracks Riverside International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
LilSki submitted a new resource:

Riverside International Raceway - RIR

View attachment 127058

DISCLAIMER
This is a work in progress. There are many things to add still. Please do not use the review section to report issues. Please use the support section if there are any issues that you find.

About
This is my second, scratch built, track for AC and is what I believe to be the most accurate version of Riverside to date. Many hours have been spent to re-create this great track as close to the...

Read more about this resource...

• Deleted member 130869

I'm going to save my 5-star review for v1.0. Thank you for the diligent work, and for providing this taster for the track.

Thank you so much for making this!!! It's really a joy to experience and drive. I grew up in So Cal, my dad raced at Riverside in FFords and maybe Atlantics, and my step father got to go to the track several times, but my mom said I was too young and in 88 they shut it down. Years later I would go by the mall every time we would go to Riverside or Perris for karting. There was a version of this back in the day on GPL and it was fun but it was a conversion from like... Nascar 4, so even then it was low quality. This is the best version I have seen and if it gets better from here it will be a major new staple on my AC :)

Thank you so much for making this!!! It's really a joy to experience and drive. I grew up in So Cal, my dad raced at Riverside in FFords and maybe Atlantics, and my step father got to go to the track several times, but my mom said I was too young and in 88 they shut it down. Years later I would go by the mall every time we would go to Riverside or Perris for karting. There was a version of this back in the day on GPL and it was fun but it was a conversion from like... Nascar 4, so even then it was low quality. This is the best version I have seen and if it gets better from here it will be a major new staple on my AC :)
I didn't know much about RIR until I started researching it. I had no real plans to do another track but while working on Bridgehampton someone mentioned RIR and how it suffered a similar fate. As soon as I started to read about it I gave it some serious thought. Then when I found that no version to date was even remotely authentic I knew I had to do it properly. As soon as I drove my first lap on a very early build I was hooked.

LilSki updated Riverside International Raceway with a new update entry:

RIR

Change Log:
  • Various new textures
  • Added road crack sealer detail
  • Fixed groove texture
  • Tweaked skid mark textures
  • Added crowd
  • Added turn 6 Tower and small Winston towers
  • Added some surrounding scenery
  • Fixed lines
  • Added signs
  • Added power polls/lines
  • Raised esses turn 4 hill/wall
  • Added dynamic road sand
  • Minor tweaks to some bumps on back straight and T1

Read the rest of this update entry...

For those who don't follow the AC forums might be interested in how far this project has come since January. Below are two videos both on the long layout and in the F1 GTR. The latest video has some extra stuff that I was testing that is not in 0.6. The first video is from one of the very first builds of the track. The layout is quite different than what it is now due to me finding much better data along the way.

Jan 2016
April 2016

LilSki updated Riverside International Raceway with a new update entry:

RIR

Change log:
  • Slight elevation changes to both turns 7 and 8
  • Added normal maps along with other details to terrain textures
  • Added RVs and cars around track
  • Fixed flickering hills behind turn 9
  • Added pit lane details. Pit box objects along with haulers are tied to grid size
  • Tweaked shader settings as it was much too bright overall before.
  • Minor tweaks to some bumps
  • Lowered number of people in grandstand to try and limit flickering of people
  • More TV cams...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Lovely track and setting. Thanks again....
Screenshot_ks_ford_mustang_2015_riverside_17-6-116-17-56-22.jpg
Screenshot_ks_ford_mustang_2015_riverside_17-6-116-17-57-34.jpg
Screenshot_ks_ford_mustang_2015_riverside_17-6-116-17-59-21.jpg
Screenshot_ks_ford_mustang_2015_riverside_17-6-116-18-1-37.jpg
Screenshot_ks_ford_mustang_2015_riverside_17-6-116-18-7-20.jpg
Screenshot_ks_ford_mustang_2015_riverside_17-6-116-18-8-17.jpg
Screenshot_ks_ford_mustang_2015_riverside_17-6-116-18-9-49.jpg
Screenshot_ks_ford_mustang_2015_riverside_17-6-116-18-12-30.jpg
Screenshot_ks_ford_mustang_2015_riverside_17-6-116-18-20-7.jpg
Screenshot_ks_ford_mustang_2015_riverside_17-6-116-18-3-15.jpg

• Deleted member 130869

I can see a little bit of track around that huge yellow thing :p

thanks for the update!
the "country" UI tag should be "country": "U.S.A.", though to match BCC :) (same applies for bridgehampton too)
game breaking issue i know
Yeah I meant to change that but forgot. I'll change it but remember Bridgehampton and first RIR release came before BCC ;)

@LilSki

First: Thanks for an excellent track! :thumbsup:

I noticed something when using PP effects on both Kunos tracks and modded ones. Audience is very dark when i run my PP/weather effects, but ive seen on the updated Kunos tracks that the newly added audience is not affected which must mean that there is a setting(?) to have them not be affected when lowering contrast/brightness in these files.

Would you be able to figure that out? For example on Imola left side of the track by the pits you have stands with audience, and after the track updates they added people standing on the ground below it and along side the pit straight. Those newly added people standing on the ground is not affected and looks normal with my modded PP effects. Maybe there is nothing that can be done but i just wanted to check. I know many others using custom PP effects/weather also get this issue. I posted about it to Kunos before but they might not have time to check it out.

Lastly, on Donnington and Picard mod tracks they added small rubber pieces/pebbles in corners. You think we will see that on this epic track at some point? :) Looks amazing and gives a little more gritty look to the tracks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back