Riverside International Raceway

Tracks Riverside International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hats off to you, this is an amazing track! Just tried it with my graphics mod and at 8am on sunny weather I dont think ive seen a racing game look that spot on! The colours, detail and textures of this track are just perfect, love it!
Screenshot_ks_toyota_gt86_riverside_10_9_116_23.jpg

Screenshot_ks_toyota_gt86_riverside_10_9_116_22.jpg
Screenshot_ks_toyota_gt86_riverside_10_9_116_22.jpg

Hi, I've been making a list of lap times in AC and real life and was looking into Riverside. I'd like to pick your brains if i can...

From what i've read the track changed in 1969 and then stayed more or less the same until 89?

2000px-Riverside_International_Raceway_1980_and_1967.svg.png

^ I take it the red dotted line is the old layout.

I was looking at 69 lap times and found this:

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=9431.15

I don't recognise the layout in the 2nd post. Is it after the changes or before?

The old layout isnt massively different so i might try and compare some times to that as most of the cars i can find that are in AC and raced at Riverside are from the 60's.

I don't suppose we are getting the old layout or the one posted in the link above? :sneaky:

Hi, I've been making a list of lap times in AC and real life and was looking into Riverside. I'd like to pick your brains if i can...

From what i've read the track changed in 1969 and then stayed more or less the same until 89?

2000px-Riverside_International_Raceway_1980_and_1967.svg.png

^ I take it the red dotted line is the old layout.

I was looking at 69 lap times and found this:

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=9431.15

I don't recognise the layout in the 2nd post. Is it after the changes or before?

The old layout isnt massively different so i might try and compare some times to that as most of the cars i can find that are in AC and raced at Riverside are from the 60's.

I don't suppose we are getting the old layout or the one posted in the link above? :sneaky:
Trans Am ran the short layout. That is what the diagram shows with a wildly inaccurate representation of the esses and turn 1. Early post 69 diagrams show T1 it it's earlier configuration which was much tighter than it was after 69.

A good test might be when we get the 962 Porsche since I'm sure their are some IMSA stats from the 80s. Any times from a Cobra or GT40 would likely be on the old config.

As of right now I don't plan on a pre-69 config as it would require a large amount of work to reconfigure T9 and T1 as well as the pits. Pre-69 I believe the pits were on the left side of the front straight. Also Pre-69 would bring the dreaded buried tires as well.

Just a little side note the USAC cars ran the NASCAR route in reverse. They were primarily oval cars so their oiling systems were designed for left hand turns so I believe it was Gurney who convinced them to run it backwards.

And one final thing I'll mention is I will likely be skipping the 0.9 version and going straight to 1.0. I've been working quite a bit to try and get this ole girl finished.

Great! Thanks for the info LilSki, much appreciated :)

There are Alfa GTA 1600 lap times from 1969 so i might see how our car compares on RIR short course.

Edit:

1:40.5 (set in 1969) is a nice challenge at 95% grip in AC. it is doable but not too easy.

Last edited:
Just reporting, that I drive with simvibe and was missing that the road patch lines was not physical and therefore was not felt in the fb. So after I was just being honest about it, LilSki changed this, among some other great stuff for the upcoming final (hopefully) release, that I´m testing with great pleasure now! I hope LilSki keeps this new physical road.
Guys, you´re in for an epic historic racing experience!

So, how's the work on the update going ? Any plans for a release after arrival of 917/30, as hinted by You a couple of days ago, or are we waiting somewhat longer for 1.0? :)

So, how's the work on the update going ? Any plans for a release after arrival of 917/30, as hinted by You a couple of days ago, or are we waiting somewhat longer for 1.0? :)
Being how there are two threads for RIR (likely won't be a WIP thread for next track) in the other thread I stated I am shooting for next weekend. Not only is the DLC coming tomorrow but so is 1.9 so I like to make sure it all works ok after that update. So plan on Friday or Sat for 1.0 if it all still works properly after 1.9.

• Deleted member 130869

Now it looks like it renders really well into the distance :)

LilSki, go and download Meco's "corrected" liveries for the /30. This 1st awesome screenshot deserves a proper Sunoco-branded car :D.

Looking forward to test-driving the 1.0.

Being how there are two threads for RIR (likely won't be a WIP thread for next track) in the other thread I stated I am shooting for next weekend. Not only is the DLC coming tomorrow but so is 1.9 so I like to make sure it all works ok after that update. So plan on Friday or Sat for 1.0 if it all still works properly after 1.9.

still on target for release, or did 1.9 bring some issues? im holding off from driving RIR for the update :D

LilSki updated Riverside International Raceway with a new update entry:

RIR

I decided to skip 0.9 and go straight to 1.0.

Change Log:
  • Added many many details. Too many to list on here.
  • Added 3D grass
  • Fixed line shadow issues
  • Fixed flickering signs
  • Black lines are now physical. Should feel a small bump in the wheel as you go over them
  • Added wall marks at T9 and T6. Should get darker as race goes on.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back