Riverside International Raceway

Tracks Riverside International Raceway 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
The new people at imola are not camera facing.This is why their lighting is not messed up by pp filters like the camera facing people. I personally hate the camera facing and have been actively looking for an alternative solution and this may be that solution. It will just be more work as you have to manually place people like this and camera facing people you just define an area and they automatically get added to that area.

This is what the people at imola look like.
Screenshot_bmw_z4_gt3_imola_29-6-116-9-17-32.jpg

As for 3D "rubber bits" I'm not a big fan of them being that they are not dynamic. I had thought about doing something like AMS where they use a "rubber bits" texture that would come in along with the groove, but we will see.

The new people at imola are not camera facing.This is why their lighting is not messed up by pp filters like the camera facing people. I personally hate the camera facing and have been actively looking for an alternative solution and this may be that solution. It will just be more work as you have to manually place people like this and camera facing people you just define an area and they automatically get added to that area.

This is what the people at imola look like.
View attachment 141823

As for 3D "rubber bits" I'm not a big fan of them being that they are not dynamic. I had thought about doing something like AMS where they use a "rubber bits" texture that would come in along with the groove, but we will see.
Thanks for the explanation! I agree on the non-dynamic rubber, i just thought it looks really good on those 2 tracks even if its not. The gritty look make it feel more realistic - dirty. :)

And yeah, im not a big fan of the audience in AC either. They look pretty unrealistic. Most things look really good but when people come into my screenshots i turn the camera away unless they are far away lol (in all fairness they usually look pretty simplistic in all sim's).

Its especially visible with my PP filter since i have tweaked it to give AC darker, deeper shadows.They are too weak with Kunos stock PP imo, and i guess thats why my audience are so dark. But i love to go through tree clustered areas on the Nord for example with my deeper shadows because it feels much more realistic.

244210_20160628221827_1.jpg

Thanks for all the hard work and sharing. Love Bridgehampton as well. Two of my fav's. :thumbsup:

LilSki updated Riverside International Raceway with a new update entry:

RIR

Change log:
  • New layout! For the first time in any sim and since 1988 you can drive the "Spike" layout. Great layout for slower cars!
  • New AI for all layouts. There is some experimentation going on and am curious to hear what people think. Lap 1 through the esses should be a little less chaotic. Also if they are inside at the kink they shouldn't slam on the brakes.
  • Added Goodyear blimp that moves slowly from west to east with minor changes in position trajectory each time...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Shadow issue on lines still there but will be fixed in final optimization process.
Not sure exactly what you meant since I didn't notice any shadow issues on 0.7, however on 0.8 there's some weird crawling going on on dynamic road textures (filler, skid marks seem to be semi-transparent, sort of looks like a mipmap issue).

Other than that, amazing progress and an amazing update. :)

P.S. After a bit more testing, this seems to be related to motion blur for some reason. With motion blur off, everything looks fine, as soon as I turn it on, dynamic road textures go bonkers.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

Quick question for v1.0:
Will you add shadow casting to a couple of trackside objects like tall poles/ads, cones and maybe the tall stand by the hairpin? Just for some depth.

Looking forward to downloading .8 and trying it :).

Not sure exactly what you meant since I didn't notice any shadow issues on 0.7, however on 0.8 there's some weird crawling going on on dynamic road textures (filler, skid marks seem to be semi-transparent, sort of looks like a mipmap issue).

P.S. After a bit more testing, this seems to be related to motion blur for some reason. With motion blur off, everything looks fine, as soon as I turn it on, dynamic road textures go bonkers.
Interesting... I don't run motion blur so I will have to take a look.

The line shadow thing is a minor issue where if the car is over the line and you view it from a distance the line will not accept the shadow and be bright under the car. Under normal conditions it is not something you will likely ever notice.

Quick question for v1.0:
Will you add shadow casting to a couple of trackside objects like tall poles/ads, cones and maybe the tall stand by the hairpin? Just for some depth.

Looking forward to downloading .8 and trying it :).
As far as I know everything should be casting shadows but I will double check.

You read my mind, I was ridind there yesterday (version 0.7) doing test with some Ferrari that I dloaed and was wondering if there will have a update soon. Voilà You made my day.
Thanks
André

I just tested this with motion blur on and saw no major difference then with it off. Do you see this issue on all layouts?

I just tested this with motion blur on and saw no major difference then with it off. Do you see this issue on all layouts?
Good news! I've managed to track this down to nVidia MFAA and motion blur (both default to ON with latest nVidia drivers). With both ON, there's this weird stuff going on. When either of them OFF, everything looks as it should.

Here's a screenshot of the issue, notice the vertical bars on the skid marks about two car lengths into the corner:
Screenshot_ks_nissan_370z_riverside_19_8_116_11.jpg

P.S. This may also be relevant, for narrowing the problem down if nothing else: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/triple-1080p-gtx970-settings.35321/#post-730665

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back