Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

Hello, good news

V1 of the Lotus Exige S is out. I made 2 versions

- The original > 218 hp 935 Kgs

- The Tune version > 256 hp 913 kgs

I do my best to make a good mod, but the wiper is not my best, it's very hard to make a good animated wiper, sorry for this !

Enjoy

Download on my blog http://pcars-modding-news.over-blog.com/
Hi There. Was super interested to try the Exige in Pcars, but getting exception error and game lock up when choosing the car and loading to track :( Have done a full reinstall of PCars from scratch and yours is the only mod car I am running... hope you can help, would love to try this out

Hi, I did a little investigation, and the car has a problem with the material "transparent.mtx", also in the textures folder it lacks of these files "common_glass_nocracks_norm.dds","common_glass_spec.dds","common_glass_window.dds"(these ones you can copy it to textures folder from another car) but the real problem for me is the material "lotus_exige_lcd.mtx" you can rename it or move to another folder and the car will not crash when loading...

Is it possible to change the parts that show reflections in the interior?
Issue:
With VR several of the GT3 cars have dash switch reflections that reflect for no reason and out of sync with the rest of the world, most noticeable of these are the coloured parts of the Bentley steering wheel and every switch in the Corvette. The Bentley is particularly annoying.

Is there a way to mod the steering wheel so this doesn't show?

Guys, one question, if I can pull a model, mount it in 3DSim, mount it, is there a way to export it to Pcars?
Hi, i'm not the best person to answer, but I think that 3dsim only has Shift2 export filter like zmodeler2(this means that you have to hexedit the mebs, to work it correct with Pcars...), from Machine Dojo it's available the Meb exporter that transform the files with the correct format, or zmodeler3:
check this link:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/project-cars-modding-questions-wip.105969/page-65#post-2406089

[QUOTE = "wolfsburg, pós: 2468266, membro: 245831"] Oi, eu não sou a melhor pessoa para responder, mas eu acho que 3dsim só tem filtro Shift2 exportação como zmodeler2 (isso significa que você tem que HexEdit os Mebs, para trabalhar correto com Pcars ...), a partir da máquina Dojo está disponível o exportador Meb que transformam os arquivos com o formato correto, ou zmodeler3:
verificar este link:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/project-cars-modding-questions-wip.105969/page-65#post-2406089 [/ CITAÇÕES]

Thanks man!!!

So, JDougNY and I have finished work on another car. Coming to you very soon.:)
ab5x4y12f4ag77y6g.jpg

Can you try to convert from S2U BMW M3 GTR E46? Please!
Thing are gradually getting less hectic at home..so, picking away at things when I have the time.

GVSE put together a BMW M3 (E46) GTR GT3. We decided not to use the Autoprophet Most Wanted Edition, because it was a Road Car (cockpit was not race style). Really didn't want to get into Frankenstein-ing a bunch of different models together, after you and I agreed on a GT3 version of the car.
So, there's a lot of Kit04 from S2U, some other kit levels used so that the mirror models match for example, some models discarded and replaced with higher quality (higher poly) models....models such as steeringwheel, wheels, disc, caliper, tyres. GVSE might have replaced more...he can correct me if I'm wrong.

I've finished checkout on modeling, files, made some parts animate, etc. Will be starting on physics.....probably on Friday.

Last edited:
I've used high resolution wiper, tires, rims, discs, and calipers from ProjectCars. The rest of the meshes are a combination of S2U kits (mostly kit4). There are some minor cosmetic changes to get rain to appear on some elements of the chassis.
I'll probably post a WIP snap later today.
OK, here is the snap (work in progress):
pCARS64 2017-05-12 09-07-13.jpg

Last edited:
I've used high resolution wiper, tires, rims, discs, and calipers from ProjectCars. The rest of the meshes are a combination of S2U kits (mostly kit4). There are some minor cosmetic changes to get rain to appear on some elements of the chassis.
I'll probably post a WIP snap later today.
OK, here is the snap (work in progress):
View attachment 190470
Thank you guys, I'm so excited to drive this car!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.