Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

Hi, I'm still learning and I have some problems that I couldn't solve, the speedometer and the tacho are working but the other needles are freezed...
I can't find a way to make the mirrors work(of course hexedited, remaped, I do something wrong... using other car mirrors it work flawlessly)
I'm mapping new badges because I couldn't rescue the original mapping that was in a second layer, anyway the textures were extreme low-resolution and it needed a better ones... The problem comes with the F40 logo that is embossed on the body, how can I make a material with the displacement map?

Thanks,..

Project CARS 05.20.2017 - 11.34.22.04.jpg
Project CARS 05.20.2017 - 11.35.16.13.jpg
Project CARS 05.20.2017 - 11.37.25.18.jpg
Project CARS 05.20.2017 - 11.37.53.22.jpg

Hi, I'm still learning and I have some problems that I couldn't solve, the speedometer and the tacho are working but the other needles are freezed...
I can't find a way to make the mirrors work(of course hexedited, remaped, I do something wrong... using other car mirrors it work flawlessly)
I'm mapping new badges because I couldn't rescue the original mapping that was in a second layer, anyway the textures were extreme low-resolution and it needed a better ones... The problem comes with the F40 logo that is embossed on the body, how can I make a material with the displacement map?

Thanks,..
You haven't told us where you've ripped the car from...I think you ripped from TDFRL.
Needles should work, if you kept the original names....here are the needles that are allowed in pCars.
Code:
NEEDLE_SPEED....NEEDLE_TACH.....NEEDLE_OILP.....NEEDLE_OILT.....NEEDLE_WATER....NEEDLE_FUELP....NEEDLE_FUEL.....NEEDLE_REDL.....NEEDLE_BATTERY..NEEDLE_BOOST....NEEDLE_POWER....NEEDLE_STACH....
If the needles are not moving, then you need to change the type of units being used as a range in CPT file.

It looks like you have broken the blur wheel effect. Perhaps you erased the alpha channel of the wheel blur texture, used the wrong texture or did something else wrong.

For the mirrors, you should have simply copied the mirror mebs straight from TDFRL into your pCars vehicle folder, leaving the UV mapping as-is, and doing any hex edits that might be needed to kill any anomalies. You would just grab a proper pcars "generic_mirror" material.

As far as making a new material, simply open the material editor in Zmod and make a new material. Then assign the mesh that you want to that material. If you don't know how to add a material in Zmod, you will find online instructions/tutorial at the Zmodeler site.

I need your guys opinions..

So I am trying to organise some of the addon cars we are getting for pCARS.

JDoug and his team having been nailing it with Road B, and most of our cars are for Road A or GT3. Now I am trying to organise some of the cars we are working on and getting some ideas to fill out some groups. I am overhauling the P1 GTR too so that will be part of Road X which consists of supercars that are not street legal. This Road X class is what I am trying to get into a good list.

So the obvious ones are P1 GTR, FXX K, Vulcan. Now there are several other options but I don't know if they should be equal or not. I currently have the Sesto Elemento nearly ready but it's a game rip so it's not gonna be released on the MDMT site, so not sure what to do. Would the SE be eligible for Road X. The Sesto did a 1:14 round the TG track, while the FXX K did a 1:10, so thats the bit that's troubling me. The Sesto is way too fast for Road A and not street legel, but not good enough in my opinion for Road X.

Let me know your guys opinions on what cars you'd like to see in Road X. Road A and B are pretty full at this point, and we are bringing the 918 and SV soon.

To go along with the post by LMM23, GVSE and I primarily play around with Road B, Road A, some GT3 and are probably going to be making some GT4's in the future.

There needs to be more car classes in order to address cars like the Sesto Elemento by LMM23. Although....need more than one car to go into any new car class.

Back in December, Didouc made a car class mod.
It provided additional in-between classes to address those original cars stuffed into lower classes that are too powerful for that class, and also original cars stuffed into a higher class that don't belong there, either. Sort of turning pCars into a Forza car class type of structure.

Maybe we could all take a look at that mod, see if if the class options are enough...or if more are needed. Then, try to get people on board to use that car class mod....especially when a new addon car needs one of those in-between classes.

That mod requires Bootflow.bff to be run unpacked.
EDIT: Bootflow.bff was updated after that mod was made. I have the unpacked/renamed files available on my public folder.. https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cy3jl6679k7i1/Public_for_PCARS

I suppose we would need Didouc to revise that mod first.

Last edited:
Back in December, Didouc made a car class mod.
It provided additional in-between classes to address those original cars stuffed into lower classes that are too powerful for that class, and also original cars stuffed into a higher class that don't belong there, either. Sort of turning pCars into a Forza car class type of structure.

Maybe we could all take a look at that mod, see if if the class options are enough...or if more are needed. Then, try to get people on board to use that car class mod....especially when a new addon car needs one of those in-between classes.

That mod requires Bootflow.bff to be run unpacked.
EDIT: Bootflow.bff was updated after that mod was made. I have the unpacked/renamed files available on my public folder.. https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cy3jl6679k7i1/Public_for_PCARS

I suppose we would need Didouc to revise that mod first.

That would be a really good start. This would address Road A definitely as we have cars such as the 12C, R8 and the RGT8 with the P1 and Apollo and soon to be released 918 and SV which all decimate the lower powered cars on track.

My only worry with adding more classes is our lack of ability to combine the classes we want. Now we select Multiple classes from the Race menu, there seems to already be a set of classses that the selected car's class can be grouped with. For example, if you choose an LMP1 car, it will be grouped with LMP2, LMP3, Classic Le Mans and so on. However choosing a GT3 car with put you against GT4 and so on. If we can find this, which I'm guessing is in the BOOTFLOW, we can definitley allow for these extra classes.

Then again I haven't tried your mod JDoug, so maybe you've already addressed this. Or we get the Custom Grid Mod working with us.

For starters though, we soon will have the holy trinity in-game, so these cars need to be above the others, grouped with the Apollo, Huayra BC, SV and Lykan. However I myself would definitely like a class above that for cars that are not road legal and use slicks but don't have race series. Now my only example would be the Sesto Elemento, but maybe this should be classed with the P1 GTR, FXX K, Vulcan and so on. The Sesto did beat the Vulcan on the TG track, but then it was wet, so maybe it's out of it's depth.

If we outline what classes will be coming and what cars will be in which, we can definitely all work together to flesh these classes out. GT4 definitely needs some additions as you say, so I'll leave you guys to handle that, hopefully we can see a 570S GT4, and Cayman GT4 from you @JDougNY ??

Obviously I'm a hypercar guy myself so I've worked on a lot of cars away from my team for personal use. I'm still working on scratch stuff for MDMT, but I have a vast list of finished game rips that I cannot release anywhere, so if anyone has any advice on that, let me know, and I can provide more info and what should be in certain classes and what car I've done.

@LamboMantisMan23
Looking at that old Car class mod by Dicouc, it seems he kept all of the Race spec cars As-is. So, multi-class selection for those cars should remain as-is.
I suppose that if Didouc doesn't chime in about revising to use current bootflow.bff, I could take his modified CRD's and slam that into the current bootflow...then see how multi-car selection works with his mod active. Make sure the game is choosing any new classes or if more work needs to be done to the mod.

All of the GT4 cars in AC would be candidates for ...um....borrowing to put into either pCars/pCars2 (pCars2 if it can be modded upon release). I also liked a couple of cars in AC that I think would fall under prototypes. Of course, I've got the itch to start on Forza 6 Apex and FH3 models, too. Need to make Hellcat, Viper, maybe a couple of Hot Wheel cars just for kicks.

I've about got that Lotus 2 Eleven finished...if the car class mod was in place, it would fall under "Track Day T1" or "Track Day T2"....darn it....it's in-between those 2 tiers...lol
Without that Car class mod in place, the car would release as "Road B"

Last edited:
Alright....I went ahead a did a quick test of the car class mod by slamming the changed/new files by Didouc into the new bootflow.bff files.

The results
When choosing a "Track Day" car, the multi-class option brought in various "Track Day" cars in different classes....that's probably ok like that.

When choosing a "Road" class car, the multi-class option brought in various Road cars from a bunch of different Road classes. Seems good to me.

When choosing a "GT1X" class, the multi-class option brought in various GTE, GT3, GT4, and Toyota GT86 Rocket Bunny, which is due to all these cars sharing the same "Vehicle Shape" in the CRD.

If there would be any issues to discuss, it would be whether we would want track day, Road, GT1X, GTE, GT3, GT4 mixing together in some different type of combination by changing the "Vehicle Shape" in the CRD files.
The other issue to discuss is if any extra classes/shapes are needed.

I feel that the "GT1X" should be an exclusive class/shape. If additional hypercar classes are needed, perhaps a "GT2X" for cars that are just a little lower in performance. Multi-class option would only choose from those two classes...no Road, no GTE, no GT3, and no GT4 mixed in there.

I'll also mention that some Addon cars were included in the car class mod by Didouc. We could include every (non race) released car (to date) in a Car Class mod to make things simpler. Then, any future releases would have CRD's set with the car class mod in mind.....let user know to add the car class mod after all addon cars in jsgme.

Last edited:
I completely agree that GT1X should be on it's own, and have GT3, GT4 and so on together.

I am not sure on many laptimes and such, but would the FXX K, P1 GTR and Vulcan all be faster than GT1X? Our P1 GTR didn't have very good physics at all so I never got a good indication. So maybe they should go in GT1X when we get round to them. as for GT2X, I like this idea, but I cannot think of many examples other than the Sesto, but then the Sesto is plain carbon in colour, so don't know if it would be part of this series. There are cars such as the SLR 722 GT, Original FXX, 918 RSR Concept, MC12 Corsa, 599XX Evo, Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003 C. But I don't know where these cars would fit in.

Making a list of all released cars is an easy thing to do, and it will be possible to add WIP cars too as far as I know. People can always delete the CRDs of cars they haven't downloaded and aren't interested in.

Ok. Should we make suggestions what cars we like to have in pCars or do you decide what cars are to be seen soon.
As I always say: We are happy about every car you make!

Ok. Should we make suggestions what cars we like to have in pCars or do you decide what cars are to be seen soon.
As I always say: We are happy about every car you make!

Well you can make suggestions about cars that should be in certain classes. It's not an opportunity for you just request whatever. We need to organise what classes and what cars go together in certain classes in order to fill out each class.

But the 599xx would be a Road A car without racing cockpit. I prefer more race cars than Road cars.
What about a BMW M4 DTM? We have the Mercedes and the Audi A4 DTM. The BWM is missing.

But the 599xx would be a Road A car without racing cockpit. I prefer more race cars than Road cars.
What about a BMW M4 DTM? We have the Mercedes and the Audi A4 DTM. The BWM is missing.

Errr no it wouldn't, and why would I make the cockpit not like in real life? The 599XX is a pure race car which is not road legal, so it wouldn't go in Road A.

As for DTM, it's in the future plans, don't worry. Just need to find a decent model.

I'm sure I've said this before somewhere... :) Emil Frey GT3 Jaguar would be lovely!
How about some more of the old Group C cars, typically like seen in Gran torismo.
Mazda 787b
Toyota TS020 (GT-One)
Toyota 88C-V (Minolta)
Nissan R92

I'm sure I've said this before somewhere... :) Emil Frey GT3 Jaguar would be lovely!
How about some more of the old Group C cars, typically like seen in Gran torismo.
Mazda 787b
Toyota TS020 (GT-One)
Toyota 88C-V (Minolta)
Nissan R92

Well you can make suggestions about cars that should be in certain classes. It's not an opportunity for you just request whatever. We need to organise what classes and what cars go together in certain classes in order to fill out each class.

Saying this though, I am sure more Group C cars will come from us with pCARS2.

In regards to porting cars from Forza apex or AC why not just have the cars come with a disc check similar to the one JDoug uses with the Shift2 converts? Or is that some legal red line that's not going to work with those two sources?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back