Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

Hi everyone, I have a passion for laferrari, I came to this topic looking for a way to play with her in Pcars, in forza motorsport 6, has the laferrari, there is a way to port it to the Pcars, if you have I really need a Guru here, rsrsr, but can anyone tell me a tutorial on how to do this? I'm lost equal "blind in shooting" as it says here in Brazil, some good man to guide me how to get mod pcars?
I even have a downloaded model, the laferrari panel was horrible, I increased its resolution (x4) and reworked the painting in photoshop, but I'm not satisfied with it yet, I want the forza model ...
I made a clip showing the model ...

Hello Didouc,
Thank you for your work, my team and I really enjoy playing this new cars.

We've some problems with the Ford GT (on Nurburgring GP) :
20170419210528_1.jpg

Can you help us ?

Hey guys, I have a question and hope it hasn't been asked tons of times already. Since the game is now moddable with already quite some content out, isn't it possible to also alter things like the gamepad input etc. to make it playable? When it was in development, there was a way to switch on an "old filter" which was much better. Maybe there are some legacy files somewhere...

Hi everyone, I have a passion for laferrari, I came to this topic looking for a way to play with her in Pcars, in forza motorsport 6, has the laferrari, there is a way to port it to the Pcars, if you have I really need a Guru here, rsrsr, but can anyone tell me a tutorial on how to do this? I'm lost equal "blind in shooting" as it says here in Brazil, some good man to guide me how to get mod pcars?
I even have a downloaded model, the laferrari panel was horrible, I increased its resolution (x4) and reworked the painting in photoshop, but I'm not satisfied with it yet, I want the forza model ...
I made a clip showing the model ...

What exactly are you asking for?

Hi, I pissed my pants a little with the F40 and returned with the MX5, I learned a lot and now I'm working the physics, I started with the ginetta g40 and I modded it with good data(engine,gear ratios,weight,ride height) and JDougNY's inertias, what tyres are the best to fit that car or what parameter should I modify? I want that it looses a little the rear before losing control, now it's a little radical... Also the settings get locked when I modify something and I can only change the tyre pressures, why happens this?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, I pissed my pants a little with the F40 and returned with the MX5, I learned a lot and now I'm working the physics, I started with the ginetta g40 and I modded it with good data(engine,gear ratios,weight,ride height) and JDougNY's inertias, what tyres are the best to fit that car or what parameter should I modify? I want that it looses a little the rear before losing control, now it's a little radical... Also the settings get locked when I modify something and I can only change the tyre pressures, why happens this?
Thanks in advance.
With current game, you have to exit and restart the game for changes to physics to take effect.

It's probably best (for balancing reasons with other cars in class) to keep the default tyre selection.
To tune rear grip, the main items would be reviewing the total amount of rear downforce (base value plus any setting value) in CDFbin, diffuser downforce in CDFbin, diffuser positioning in CDFbin, and the tyre width set in the HDTbin.
In the HDTbin, you would search
***Hex String*****Data*****Value**Description**********
[22 BD 03 4C 23] 66 66 66 3E = 0.225 (225mm) Front tyre width
[22 BD 03 4C 23] 66 66 66 3E = 0.225 (225mm) Rear tyre width
This hex string appears twice in the file. The first time it appears is for the front tyre and the second time it appears is for the rear tyre. Increasing width provides more grip, while decreasing width reduces grip.
Of course, playing with the setup will also make the car more loose/stiff, too. But, it's best to first review downforce and grip (width in HDTbin) to ensure that those settings are in balance (follow real specs in some fashion).
I actually run part of the game unpacked so that I have LiveTrace activated, which allows me to monitor wing/diffuser downforce on the track, along with drag coefficients.

Last edited:
With current game, you have to exit and restart the game for changes to physics to take effect.

It's probably best (for balancing reasons with other cars in class) to keep the default tyre selection.
To tune rear grip, the main items would be reviewing the total amount of rear downforce (base value plus any setting value) in CDFbin, diffuser downforce in CDFbin, diffuser positioning in CDFbin, and the tyre width set in the HDTbin.
In the HDTbin, you would search
***Hex String*****Data*****Value**Description**********
[22 BD 03 4C 23] 66 66 66 3E = 0.225 (225mm) Front tyre width
[22 BD 03 4C 23] 66 66 66 3E = 0.225 (225mm) Rear tyre width
This hex string appears twice in the file. The first time it appears is for the front tyre and the second time it appears is for the rear tyre. Increasing width provides more grip, while decreasing width reduces grip.
Of course, playing with the setup will also make the car more loose/stiff, too. But, it's best to first review downforce and grip (width in HDTbin) to ensure that those settings are in balance (follow real specs in some fashion).
I actually run part of the game unpacked so that I have LiveTrace activated, which allows me to monitor wing/diffuser downforce on the track, along with drag coefficients.
Wow!! Thank you very much for the big explanation, I will try modifying that values, I read about LiveTrace at nogrip, but when it's activated, where appear that values?
Thanks again...

Wow!! Thank you very much for the big explanation, I will try modifying that values, I read about LiveTrace at nogrip, but when it's activated, where appear that values?
Thanks again...
When LiveTrace is activated, you will find a file named "LiveTrace.txt" under the main folder for the game. In livetrace.txt, the most recent records will be at the end of the file. Simply start a solo race and drive the car for a bit, then exit the race. Here's an example of what is seen...
Code:
Time=16.29  Total Vehicle CG=0.3798  Body-only CG=0.3916
Height(f/r)=(0.0725,0.0702) AirVel=(  -0.5,   0.0, -11.3)
Body LiftCoeff=-0.0000 Z=-0.096 Pitch= 0.0000  DragCoeff=-0.4449 Y=-0.020 Pitch= 0.0044
Diff LiftCoeff=-0.1586 Z=-0.496 Pitch= 0.0787
Wng LiftCoeff=-0.2679 Z=-2.095 Pitch= 0.5613  DragCoeff=-0.0800 Y=-0.320 Pitch= 0.0248  Height=0.073
Wng LiftCoeff=-0.4451 Z= 1.604 Pitch=-0.7139  DragCoeff=-0.0954 Y= 0.530 Pitch=-0.0515  Height=0.000
Wng LiftCoeff= 0.0200 Z= 0.755 Pitch= 0.0151  DragCoeff=-0.0000 Y=-0.320 Pitch= 0.0000  Height=0.071
Wng LiftCoeff= 0.0000 Z= 1.004 Pitch= 0.0000  DragCoeff=-0.0000 Y=-0.320 Pitch= 0.0000  Height=0.000
Totl LiftCoeff=-0.8516          Pitch=-0.0589  DragCoeff=-0.6203          Pitch=-0.0223  OtherPitch= 0.0000  TorqueArm= 0.055
Measured Force:  (     1.2,   -108.3,     78.9)
Measured Torque: (    5.60,     8.22,    -0.50)
CG Offset Body:  (  0.0000,  -0.0100,  -0.0409)  Measured Arm?  0.058
Sample Engine: 412.9Nm, 8717.5RPM, 505.4HP
For items such as the diffuser, the use of LiveTrace is vital in order to see the actual dynamic amount of diffuser downforce. Also, to see if the diffuser may be stalling in situations where it shouldn't be (issues in the car setup and/or diffuser settings).

What exactly are you asking for?
Hello, I said I need a guru and the guru appears !!, man, I see your name in everything that is related to pcars mod .. (bowing now) .. lol
In short, the model I have, is not totally the Laferrari, I think it is a mixture of the with the Ferrari Enzo, the interior mainly ..
In short, great guru, I want the ferraris of forza motorsport 6 in the project cars, at least to Laferrari.

Hello, I said I need a guru and the guru appears !!, man, I see your name in everything that is related to pcars mod .. (bowing now) .. lol
In short, the model I have, is not totally the Laferrari, I think it is a mixture of the with the Ferrari Enzo, the interior mainly ..
In short, great guru, I want the ferraris of forza motorsport 6 in the project cars, at least to Laferrari.

The LaFerrari is already in pCARS as a rip from Assetto Corsa. Is that what you're after? I didn't make it and it's not on this site though.

But forza's are more detailed, but okay, if it is not possible, teach me how to make a mod by bringing an AC car to project cars?
It's not easy friend, that's why there aren't hundreds of mods, you can search for the Bregel tutorial to convert a car to shift2, then read this entire thread and try to convert it to PCars...

Thanks for the objective answers, but it's the following, I'm not talking about that the forum is messy, but I can not find anything objective here, rsrsr, if there are topics on this here, I can not find, teach me guys, pass me links Where I can learn to export ACorsa models and import pcars.

There is already a LaFerrari mod for pCARS from AC, but im not allowed to post the link because it's ripped. And as for info on modding, just go to page 1, and read...

[QUOTE = "LamboMantisMan23, pós: 2462290, membro: 135350"] Já existe um mod Ferrari Laferrari para pCARS de AC, mas im não tem permissão para postar o link, porque isso é rasgado. E, como para obter informações sobre modding, basta ir à página 1, e ler ... [/ QUOTE]
If you can share your mod laferrari with me, my email is leonardoaraujo34@gmail.com

People are very difficult to understand everything that is here, I am Brazilian, I even know English, but I can not understand how to do it, can anyone give me 10 minutes of attention? I know I already have many mods here, but I want to make mine, I do not want to copy from anyone, but I'm new here, I need someone to give me a "step by step" how to do it .. please people .. eu I promise that after learning, I will be the newest "moder" of racedepartament ...

I need a simple and objective script, do not need to explain how to use the programs, I just do not know how to start ..
I have both games (Pcars and Acetto Corsa)
I already downloaded kn5_converter, I already did a test, it converts .kn5 to .fbx (and generates other .mtl, .obj files), two files of each extension.
And now? I did not find what to do next, a "step by step", please guys ..

Pedido de Moders, peço-lhe para ler até o fim ..

Tantas pessoas pedindo informações, algumas respostas, não é um tema para além desta, com informações organizadas, eles já parou para pensar que você era assim quando você começou, com sede de informações, certo de que alguém lhe deu o caminho, ninguém é nasce sabendo nada nesta vida, se colocar no meu lugar e no lugar de tantos "moders futuras" aqui pedir a alguém para ensinar o que sabem, a participação não deixe o talento e as informações que você tem que morrer ao longo do tempo, muitos fazem não tem tempo para dedicar a ele, talvez nós não jogar mais, todos nós perdê-lo, dar-lhe um pouco de tempo para nos ensinar, é visível que mod está morrendo, mods cada vez menos, mas há muitas pessoas que querem aprender, multiplicar o conhecimento raro que você tem, o valor pago será muita admiração de muitas pessoas, que vai ser legal para todos, tenho 37 anos, eu não sou mais uma criança, eu gosto de chegar em casa e brincar com meu filho, eu jogo Pcars desde beta, ma eu voto para carros exportação de Acetto Corsa para Pcars, como th ey são modelos de veículos atuais (Asetto Corsa) com o melhor gráfico (Pcars), e eu amo os ferraris, (herança de meu pai, tempo Airton Senna, bons tempos), Se alguém pode me guiar, eu vou fazer um manual de instruções com fotos e postar aqui .... meninos Paz !!

People are very difficult to understand everything that is here, I am Brazilian, I even know English, but I can not understand how to do it, can anyone give me 10 minutes of attention? I know I already have many mods here, but I want to make mine, I do not want to copy from anyone, but I'm new here, I need someone to give me a "step by step" how to do it .. please people .. eu I promise that after learning, I will be the newest "moder" of racedepartament ...

I need a simple and objective script, do not need to explain how to use the programs, I just do not know how to start ..
I have both games (Pcars and Acetto Corsa)
I already downloaded kn5_converter, I already did a test, it converts .kn5 to .fbx (and generates other .mtl, .obj files), two files of each extension.
And now? I did not find what to do next, a "step by step", please guys ..

Due to the difficulty of pCARS, there is no step by step, as no one has the time to explain everything. Most of us learnt this by ourselves and knew most of it from the SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED days. You won't find a tutorial on how to do this. You will learn a lot better if you try to do it yourself.

The best way to start is small. Try to convert a SHIFT 2 UNLEASHED car to pCARS. Converting a scratch model is a lot of work for someone who has never done it before. It's all about trial and eror and reading the valuable info posted by JDoug, Autoprophet and me. Good luck

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back