Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

@JDougNY Ah yes, I forgot about the Update Model feature with SimED. Well, Shiimis is currently writing a DAE>MEB function, which will be able to read animations, so that should be what are looking. I know APZR did get custom tires workinb S2U with that big marauder truck thing he made. I'll ask him about it.

I tried rigging up my own wipers for a Koenigsegg, due to the weird shape of the windscreen. I managed to get the wipers to physically move, but the parts don't actually separate if you understand what I mean. I shall wait for Shiimis work to be done though to continue, as we are working on making animations exportable from Max or any program of your choosing.

If ZPZR did in fact figure out custom tyres, it would good for others to know about the process, unless it was just a trick using existing mebs. Maybe he dug more into the code and manually changed things on the exported mebs...when I did the compare there were a lot of words with wrong polarity. I know how this works though, if I know things, I'm supposed to tell everyone. If others figure out something interesting, they stay silent....or I have to talk to the person privately....makes no sense why people act like this.

I know what you are saying about the wipers. You would need to break up the weight painting by bone selection. Choose the bone for the blade, then weight paint only the blade, then there is arm, tips, etc. Choose each bone and only paint the proper vertices. Then the animation control file can move each piece independently. Of course, if it's a donor control file, might not articulate the blade(s) quite right.

If ZPZR did in fact figure out custom tyres, it would good for others to know about the process, unless it was just a trick using existing mebs. Maybe he dug more into the code and manually changed things on the exported mebs...when I did the compare there were a lot of words with wrong polarity. I know how this works though, if I know things, I'm supposed to tell everyone. If others figure out something interesting, they stay silent....or I have to talk to the person privately....makes no sense why people act like this.

I'm very sure he would love to tell everyone a detailed tutorial, he just literally has no time. I barely speak to him anymore due to him being very busy, which is a shame. Everyone is grateful for what you're doing.

I do believe actually he did had a trick with a donor tire but I'm not sure, which does leave much hope.

I know what you are saying about the wipers. You would need to break up the weight painting by bone selection. Choose the bone for the blade, then weight paint only the blade, then there is arm, tips, etc. Choose each bone and only paint the proper vertices. Then the animation control file can move each piece independently. Of course, if it's a donor control file, might not articulate the blade(s) quite right.

Yeah that's exactly right. I think the issue is with jr control file though, but maybe I'm wrong. My control isn't completely donor, I did a lot of editing but it seems not enough, I just can't see any change when trying to translate the file. I know Shiimis is working more on translations too, when his work is done, I'm sure it'll help us.

I was also wondering if you and your team put AO on your cars like standard pcars vehicles. I'm pretty happy with how I've managed to set it up and I was wandering if you did the same.

@LamboMantisMan23
Regarding things kept quiet. Around the time of TDFRL, people that became part of your team had a solution for acquiring filenames and batch renaming, along with translating(decode) of physics files in TDFRL. Wow!...how cool...let others know about it...that's the point of a modding community. But no, it's kept quiet. Then pCars releases, you start Machine Dojo and tell swear your team to secrecy. Had I known of the batch renaming, I would have engaged with modding pCars immediately. Instead, I sat back for months, because BFFs with thousands of files become a problem to rename by hand. Likewise, I'm sure that some that might have been interested in modding the game, lost interest right away when no solutions to open the game up were readily available. Sure, withholding the information allowed AZPR the opportunity to release the "Worlds First" cloned car with a few bits changed.
So, I had to email the Autoprophets and I got the link to Chinese site for the batch renaming.
Shiimis had contacted me early on and from that I got the initial translations he had started. From there I expanded upon the translations, then shared with everyone.

Regarding AO - I think you're referring to texture baking of ambient occlusion maps. There's only so much time in the day. I want to make sure our cars are going out free of bugs and with decent physics. To get bogged down in that type of graphics enhancement takes away from things that are more important (IMO). I would probably need an additional person to be dealing with AO.

@LamboMantisMan23
I was told otherwise by people on your team about keeping things secret...so, I'll believe them over what you have to say.
For the things that were being done by AZPR and Shiimis, I wasn't blaming you. This falls more into people discovering something and not willing to share...either using the excuse of being too busy or that they don't want to be the one to release the info (they want somebody else to release it), etc.
Anyway, I'm not going to continue any further exchanges with you as I don't want this thread veering off topic anymore.

@JDougNY I was told by SMS themselves to not let the info get out until they had put in the new modding feature with the mods.txt. Clearly I let that go early. I don't know why you see me as some bad enemy figure. Guess it's just a grudge and I can't change that.

Back on topic...

2016 MCLAREN 688HS RELEASED - http://machinedojomt.weebly.com/news/release-2016-mclaren-688hs

20170221225708_1.jpg

@walken
There's nothing to worry about. They do their thing and we do ours. I'll just stop answering the p.m.'s for help that I get from LMM23 and his team members is all.

Lol don't flatter yourself, I never asked for help, and I don't need it. It was only a friendly offer. Trust you to take it like that and try and publicly embarass me. Thought you were more mature than that.

@LamboMantisMan23
Let's see...go back to when you needed my help to complete P1 GTR, then pm's from you regarding working on physics for your cars (which I'm sure would turn into more than just that), pm's from another regarding problems with modeling/normals, p.m's from Shiimis regarding testing/feedback of various tools.
If that isn't asking for help from me....I don't know what to say. So, as I said, when people from your team p.m. me with questions and/or looking for testing/feedback of tools, I will refer them back to you as you should be able to address their issues.

Last edited:
Hello.

I've recently submitted a recompilation of NFS:Shift2 (MEB/VHF/MTX/MBT/BML) import/export into a ProjectCars compatible version in ZModeler3. If you wish to test and/or report any problems with this compilation, feel free to post on ZModeler forum (I respond there all new topics daily).

The filter is available as beta-test only, to get it downloaded you should enable "Install beta updates" in Settings->General->Network->Updates branch.

P.S. I don't have the game, only some model/mod files downloaded from the web, so I haven't tested things on my own.

ZModeler3 is a payware solution, but it has 14-days free trial period. Read more details (installation and trial activation) on zmodeler forum.

Reposting this on any pCars-modding-related resources is welcome, as I don't know much of pCars modding community forums.

@LamboMantisMan23
Let's see...go back to when you needed my help to complete P1 GTR, then pm's from you regarding working on physics for your cars (which I'm sure would turn into more than just that), pm's from another regarding problems with modeling/normals, p.m's from Shiimis regarding testing/feedback of various tools.
If that isn't asking for help from me....I don't know what to say. So, as I said, when people from your team p.m. me with questions and/or looking for testing/feedback of tools, I will refer them back to you as you should be able to address their issues.

Exactly. Back when I did the P1 GTR. People change and learn. I just wish you'd stop having this stigma at me because I wanted to learn from you. Just think of everything that could happen if this arguing wasn't the case.

I hope you like the 688HS. Good day sir

...also, I've being told a modding of animated parts (spoiler/flaps) is also needed. If possible, someone please send me (oleg@zmodeler2.com) unpacked model file(s) that have this feature, so I could research animation-specific aspects and made them available for modding too. Thanks in advance.

...also, I've being told a modding of animated parts (spoiler/flaps) is also needed. If possible, someone please send me (oleg@zmodeler2.com) unpacked model file(s) that have this feature, so I could research animation-specific aspects and made them available for modding too. Thanks in advance.

Modding of animated wings is done by a control file, and isn't done by the 3D. However tyres and suspension that have animation bones require the 3D animation you speak of.

I emailed you Formula A which has a fully animated suspension. I also included a typical car with animated wipers, bonnet, mirrors, etc. All supporting animation binaries are included.

Hello.

I've recently submitted a recompilation of NFS:Shift2 (MEB/VHF/MTX/MBT/BML) import/export into a ProjectCars compatible version in ZModeler3. If you wish to test and/or report any problems with this compilation, feel free to post on ZModeler forum (I respond there all new topics daily).

The filter is available as beta-test only, to get it downloaded you should enable "Install beta updates" in Settings->General->Network->Updates branch.

P.S. I don't have the game, only some model/mod files downloaded from the web, so I haven't tested things on my own.

ZModeler3 is a payware solution, but it has 14-days free trial period. Read more details (installation and trial activation) on zmodeler forum.

Reposting this on any pCars-modding-related resources is welcome, as I don't know much of pCars modding community forums.

Haha, last week I bought the v2, and started to learn things...
I will support this new version too...
Thanks for your work friend...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back