Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

BMW M3 GTR GT3 is available at NoGrip and our MediaFire folder.
Conversion from S2U by me and JDougNY.
View attachment 191281

I made a Most Wanted Livery for this car, the problem I have is this: How can add this livery without replace livery 4 for examples. In .rcf files i added new lines "bmw_m3_gtr_livery05 and bmw_m3_gtr_livery05_hr" and enything else if required (I think), put both of textures in Textures folders, but in game when I choose livery 5, the body is missing and only interior is visible. I replace livery 4 with my livery and its work perfect, but it's a solution to put more livery without replacing? Thank you guys!

go to _generic_materials, make a copy of one of the sets of mtx files (both _hr and _hr_skin), rename them (e.g. livery5_M3_GTR_hr), open the files and rename the entry for diffuse textures in both of them with the name of your livery.

now got to vehicles\bmw_m3_gtr, open both .rcf files and add entries for your livery: copy e.g.
<CONDITION LIVERY="54">
<REPLACE MATERIAL="BMW_M3_GTR_PAINT" NEWMATERIAL="vehicles\_generic_materials\livery4_M3_GTR_hr.mtx" />
<REPLACE MATERIAL="BMW_M3_GTR_PAINT_SKIN" NEWMATERIAL="vehicles\_generic_materials\livery4_M3_GTR_hr_skin.mtx" />
</CONDITION>

increase the number to 55 and replace the livery name with the name of the mtx files you created.

At the top of the file append the
<INPUT NAME="LIVERY" OPTIONS="4" />
to 5 and add
<NAME LIVERY="55" NAME="Livery 5" />
under
<NAMES INPUT ="LIVERY">

bmw1.png
bmw.png
go to _generic_materials, make a copy of one of the sets of mtx files (both _hr and _hr_skin), rename them (e.g. livery5_M3_GTR_hr), open the files and rename the entry for diffuse textures in both of them with the name of your livery.

now got to vehicles\bmw_m3_gtr, open both .rcf files and add entries for your livery: copy e.g.

increase the number to 55 and replace the livery name with the name of the mtx files you created.

At the top of the file append the to 5 and add under
Thanks again, now it's perfect. The livery it's almost finished (70% done)

Yes, thanks for keeping pCars alive! What´s your next car? Any chance of Bugatti Veyron or Koenigsegg or Dodge Viper?
Right now, GVSE is making a new version of a car we previously released, using new models, and it's intended to be released for pCars2 (should that game allow modding).
I'm working on a Lotus 2 Eleven and I'll probably complete the car.
We'll keep the cars you listed under consideration.....the Dodge Viper is a can I've been thinking about, now that we all can cleanly get models out of Forza Horizon 3

I don´t know what´s easier to convert. The existing Shift2 cars (Veyron, Koenigsegg and Viper are standard cars in Shift 2) or Forza Horizon cars.
What about Shift 2 cars like VW Scirocco, Nissan 350Z or Audi TT?
But my favorites are the Veyron or Koenigsegg CCXR.

I don´t know what´s easier to convert. The existing Shift2 cars (Veyron, Koenigsegg and Viper are standard cars in Shift 2) or Forza Horizon cars.

I have the Agera fully converted into pCARS except the wiper, as the shape of the windscreen is very weird and there's no wipers for it. So I can't really release it without that.

I also have the Chiron in game but with the same problem.

The Forza Horizon 3 & Forza 6 Apex cars will take longer. More textures to sift through and some reworking of the models to make them compatible with pCars/pCars2. Also, if one wants to include damage modeling, add some more time to modeling.

S2U car conversions are simple to do. Some of the models in S2U are a little low-ish in polygons and sometimes the detailing/textures are lower quality (things that might have carried over from NFS Shift into S2U). Especially with some of the race level upgrade kits for the cockpits. Most stock cockpits in S2U are pretty good with some needing their low-ish poly steeringwheels replaced. Some tyres are a bit blocky and could be replaced easily with something better.
With pCars2 releasing in the near future, we're looking to higher quality models. That way, some of the cars we make going forward for pCars would carry over well into pCars2 (if we can mod pcars2, of course).
But....I suppose we could look at some of the remaining S2U cars and see which ones are good enough to work with. Oh....the 350z is on my list to do at some point.

..just saw the post from LMM23....yeah...I have one car that I mostly finished some time ago...then couldn't find any wipers to fit the glass shape.

I have the Agera fully converted into pCARS except the wiper, as the shape of the windscreen is very weird and there's no wipers for it. So I can't really release it without that.

I also have the Chiron in game but with the same problem.

Could you post a screenshot of the Chiron or Agera? Why not release it! Let us have a look, if the shape of the windscreen looks so weird.
What about the Porsche 918 Spyder on your site? Also great car. Is it ready or still WIP?
But the main thing is: We a happy for EVERY car you convert for us!!

Very cool mods, all thank you very much for their creation, without you the game was not so good! There is one suggestion, as I asked one guy to convert the model to SHIFT2, it was Cizeta V16T, maybe you know and saw this mod. Maybe someone will be able to create one for PCars, a model I will provide.

Could you post a screenshot of the Chiron or Agera? Why not release it! Let us have a look, if the shape of the windscreen looks so weird.
What about the Porsche 918 Spyder on your site? Also great car. Is it ready or still WIP?
But the main thing is: We a happy for EVERY car you convert for us!!

Here's the Agera:

20170517204832_1.jpg

20170517205548_1.jpg

I've been thinking of turning it to an Agera RS or something, but the windscreen issue just stops me from doing anything as it would never be release worthy. Even then, the 3D of this car needs work to be pCARS standard. There is also still a load of issues regarding animations and driver stuff that I simply cannot fix, as well as my physics guy disappearing. So I am struggling to fix the 3 or so cars I've got to 99% standard in order to release them.

Chiron has no wheels as I was redoing the rims anyway, so didn't bother screenshotting it.

The colours is wrong :( But ty
It's not finished. The blue color is used for background, because template have the green color, I choose blue to be my background instead of black. The white stripe are the base model, I have to adjust every single shape to fit perfect on the car, after I'm done with this, I will change the background into white-silver and shapes with white-blue livery model, same like in NFS Most Wanted.
LE: 90% finished, need some adjustment, license plate and some variations of livery color, more than classic white-blue.

Attachments

• bmw2.png
    bmw2.png
    987.4 KB · Views: 258
Last edited:
The Agera looks good! Why not release it! Please release it.

But it's not to my standard, I don't want to release this as it's doesn't showcase the standard I want. Maybe when we can make custom wipers, that day may come, but I highly doubt we can get it done considering Oleg isn't replying about ZM3 support and it would be a lot of work to implement it into our MEB Exporter.

I'm sure I can release this version privately though if people are dying to have it. However it hasn't got any unique physics either, so there really is no point other than to have the 3D in game.

It's not finished. The blue color is used for background, because template have the green color, I choose blue to be my background instead of black. The white stripe are the base model, I have to adjust every single shape to fit perfect on the car, after I'm done with this, I will change the background into white-silver and shapes with white-blue livery model, same like in NFS Most Wanted.
LE: 90% finished, need some adjustment, license plate and some variations of livery color, more than classic white-blue.
Excelent :) Thank you for your work my friend

But it's not to my standard, I don't want to release this as it's doesn't showcase the standard I want. Maybe when we can make custom wipers, that day may come, but I highly doubt we can get it done considering Oleg isn't replying about ZM3 support and it would be a lot of work to implement it into our MEB Exporter.

I'm sure I can release this version privately though if people are dying to have it. However it hasn't got any unique physics either, so there really is no point other than to have the 3D in game.
I'd like that, if I ever get around to doing physics for it then I'll send that back as a trade :)

(same for the chiron)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea