Resource icon

Sounds Porsche 911 RSR 2017 Sound Mod 1.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Create an ext_config.ini file in a folder called "extension" in the car's folder, then type this code in:

[AUDIO_VOLUME]
TRANSMISSION=X

where X is the volume, on a 0-1 scale. If you want it louder than 1 (100%), increase the number to 1.5 or 2.
I see what ACFAN says above me here however, thank you! This will prove very useful in other cars where I want this same thing. Again, thanks much!

EDIT: I assume inside the created extension folder I make a .txt doc and type that in?

Last edited:
Is there a way to disable the wiper sound? I think with all the noise in the cockpit there's no way to hear the "clunk" of the wiper every time it moves.
AFAIK the wiper sound is part of custom shaders patch and so can be disabled through csp settings in content manager

Hi ACFAN, this mod is awesome. I am using the onboard version for 2017 Kunos car and love it. Could you please tell me if:
1. Is there any way to decrease the volume of exterior sound? Other 2017' 911s are so loud they overwhelm surrounding 6 cars and all I can hear is the Porsche instead of a roar of a group or mainly this one car the closest to me. Is there an INI file that could do it?
2. Have you by any chance managed to get your hands on a transmission sample? 911 gt3 in ACC sounds mindblowing on 6th gear. If we could get this final puzzle in this mod I am sure the crowd would go wild:,-) I surely would.

Last edited:
Hi ACFAN, this mod is awesome. I am using the onboard version for 2017 Kunos car and love it. Could you please tell me if:
1. Is there any way to decrease the volume of exterior sound? Other 2017' 911s are so loud they overwhelm surrounding 6 cars and all I can hear is the Porsche instead of a roar of a group or mainly this one car the closest to me. Is there an INI file that could do it?
2. Have you by any chance managed to get your hands on a transmission sample? 911 gt3 in ACC sounds mindblowing on 6th gear. If we could get this final puzzle in this mod I am sure the crowd would go wild:,-) I surely would.
Hello, i'm an former sound modder and to answer your first question, as far as i know : the sound modder decides the volume of the car and there is no way to change it relative to other cars. You can lower the volume in the sound app but it affects all cars :/
The 2017 911 rsr is very loud in real life though and the sound mod reproduce its volume quite well, see in this video for exemple :

Last edited:
Hi mate no idea why I'm seeing your question so late. Apologies for this.

To answer your first question, a volume reduction for the exterior sounds is planned. I know the real car is loud but for gameplay purposes it should be only very slightly louder than other cars to eliminate that exact phenomenon you describe.

To answer your second question, this is a different car to the 911 gt3 r and doesn't have the high pitch transmission whine in 6th gear. I do have a sound mod for the Kunos 911 gt3 r though and unfortunately there is no way for me to implement such a thing in assetto corsa because I would need to make the transmission sound dependant on which gear the car is in. The assetto corsa sound engine doesn't support this as far as I know but the Automobilista 2 one does and I have implemented this 6th gear whine in that sim

Hello, i'm an former sound modder and to answer your first question, as far as i know : the sound modder decides the volume of the car and there is no way to change it relative to other cars. You can lower the volume in the sound app but it affects all cars :/
The 2017 911 rsr is very loud in real life though and the sound mod reproduce its volume quite well, see in this video for exemple :
Hi, thanks for your reply. So the volume is hardcoded in the sound bank, just as I thought - thanks for clearing this up. Indeed, this car is loud af - thanks for the YT video. However I could still hear Corvette and other cars when they were close to the RSR. I appreciate ACFAN being so detailed but maybe it is the game engine that doesn't handle it well enough. I think we might be better off reducing real life accuracy by lowering the volume but paradoxically increasing ingame immersion where we would also hear other cars. I ended up not letting AI drive 2017 RSR with mod while me being the only one using it ;)

Hi mate no idea why I'm seeing your question so late. Apologies for this.

To answer your first question, a volume reduction for the exterior sounds is planned. I know the real car is loud but for gameplay purposes it should be only very slightly louder than other cars to eliminate that exact phenomenon you describe.

To answer your second question, this is a different car to the 911 gt3 r and doesn't have the high pitch transmission whine in 6th gear. I do have a sound mod for the Kunos 911 gt3 r though and unfortunately there is no way for me to implement such a thing in assetto corsa because I would need to make the transmission sound dependant on which gear the car is in. The assetto corsa sound engine doesn't support this as far as I know but the Automobilista 2 one does and I have implemented this 6th gear whine in that sim
Hi ACFAN, thanks for this mod, again.

No worries, I noticed the replies from July 9th only today, too. Sorry.

Thanks for your reply. It is great to see you are still working or at least planning to work on this mod. I totally agree with what you say regarding the volume - would love to see it in the works.

As for the transmission - I might have ended up saying something else than planned ;) I wasn’t fully aware these cars sound noticeably different especially in regards to transmission until I watched some YT onboards of both cars. Thanks for pushing me into this J What I meant is that ACC 911 GT3 has transmission whine sound that gives my goose bumps when on 6th gear. I would love to hear such great transmission sound in RSR (not on 6th gear but in general).
Your replies in posts #6 & #220 were understood by me as “If I only had a good transmission sample file I would tie it to transmission event in fmod and everyone would be happy”.

I used to be a modder and I know using/including original game files in mods might be a delicate matter depending on the game devs and game community especially between different games but I’m just saying: “I’m not gay but 20$ is 20$” ;)

Anyway, I can’t wait for the next update of this mod. Keep up your amazing work!

Hi ACFAN, just want to say what an absolute amazing sound mod this is! This is by far my favorite car to drive now because of it. So glad you are still working on this mod to make it even better. Would it be possible to add more lower frequency to the interior onboard sounds? And please don't lower the volume of this car. It is extremely loud in real life and it sounds absolutely amazing. Why would anyone want to lower the volume of such an amazing sound.

I downloaded the file and thought I could drag and drop into content manager but it says there is nothing in the folder? Sorry If I'm being stupid but could you help me with installation please. Many thanks

It is easiest to open the file up all the way to the sfx folder. You will then open up the car folder of the 2017 rsr. pull the GUIDs and the bank file from the downloaded sfx folder and put it in the sfx folder of the car. I would back up the stock sounds first though.

It is easiest to open the file up all the way to the sfx folder. You will then open up the car folder of the 2017 rsr. pull the GUIDs and the bank file from the downloaded sfx folder and put it in the sfx folder of the car. I would back up the stock sounds first though.
Ok that's great thanks for your help

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back