Resource icon

Sounds Porsche 911 RSR 2017 Sound Mod 1.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
ACFAN updated Porsche 911 RSR 2017 Sound Mod with a new update entry:

Completely reworked to reflect the new exhaust system used for Le Mans

V0.1
The sounds have been entirely reworked for this mod. please note that I am having some latency issues with FMOD for large sound samples, so I have had to cut the length of some of the samples to keep FMOD happy, so there may be some discontinuities in the sound while racing on long straights etc. I hope I can find a fix to this in the next version.

Enjoy :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Very good mod. I am glad you did the mod on the new 911 RSR (Le mans) sound. It is great. Do not do the old sound we have some mods for that sounds, so please do external sound mod for the new sounding 911 RSR, not the old one. Great onboard sounds just like the real, if you can do some other car sound mod please do it, because they are amazing. And do not mute the sounds if you can make than just like the real life (rough and loud so your ears hurt). Excelent job

Very good mod. I am glad you did the mod on the new 911 RSR (Le mans) sound. It is great. Do not do the old sound we have some mods for that sounds, so please do external sound mod for the new sounding 911 RSR, not the old one. Great onboard sounds just like the real, if you can do some other car sound mod please do it, because they are amazing. And do not mute the sounds if you can make than just like the real life (rough and loud so your ears hurt). Excelent job

hi, thanks for your feedback. I will be starting the external sounds today hopefully

unfortunately, I have to disagree with you. using the new exhaust sound with the actual model will look wierd (dual corner exit for the exhaust on this model vs centered dual exit for the new exhaust). we need a new model with the correct exhaust(I can't do that, unfortunately. I don't have the skills atm)

anyway, as I mentioned in my comment on the mod, I hope that you followed my advices on the assetto corsa forum wich are:
-using a sound for the internal shifting, because, even if we don't hear it in the onboard videos, there is one ^^ (can't find the video atm :/)
-do not hesitate to take long samples(minimum 1 sec)
-use the transmission sound but make it louder. we need to hear it(even a little bit) it's a race car ;)
-take your time to experiment some things in fmod

I could also suggest that you do both sounds: the old exhaust for this model to see what is different against fonsecker's version and the new exhaust one(the internal sound is the same. a driver hears the engine, not the exhaust in his car) for thos who wants to go wierd or when we could have the model update(official or mod)

:)

unfortunately, I have to disagree with you. using the new exhaust sound with the actual model will look wierd (dual corner exit for the exhaust on this model vs centered dual exit for the new exhaust). we need a new model with the correct exhaust(I can't do that, unfortunately. I don't have the skills atm)

anyway, as I mentioned in my comment on the mod, I hope that you followed my advices on the assetto corsa forum wich are:
-using a sound for the internal shifting, because, even if we don't hear it in the onboard videos, there is one ^^ (can't find the video atm :/)
-do not hesitate to take long samples(minimum 1 sec)
-use the transmission sound but make it louder. we need to hear it(even a little bit) it's a race car ;)
-take your time to experiment some things in fmod

I could also suggest that you do both sounds: the old exhaust for this model to see what is different against fonsecker's version and the new exhaust one(the internal sound is the same. a driver hears the engine, not the exhaust in his car) for thos who wants to go wierd or when we could have the model update(official or mod)

:)

thanks this is excellent advice :)

my samples are longer than 1 sec but not long enough for the straights on le mans because the car runs at sustained rpm for a long time on tracks like Daytona and le mans. if I go above an audio sample size of 1.6mb then FMOD will lag when changing rev range very quickly (like shifting gear) and it sounds horrible.

also i'd like to know how to edit out the transmission from real footage so I can record only the pure engine sound. that gives flexibility to add transmission to FMOD directly later. currently in low revs you can here the transmission but it's just what was recorded when I was doing the engine sound and hence it changes with rpm rather than speed. this is another issue i'm going to have to solve. I will start on transmission as soon as I have a decent external sound :)

the only way to actually get a pure engine sound, is to find some videos where the camera is not attached to the rollcage(for example, the driver eyes style cameras where the cam is attached to the helmet)

Internal sound is amazing, also external but there is just something missing it is not realy just like it, do not get me wrong, it is very good, but it needs just a little tweaks to as good as the internals.

Internal sound is amazing, also external but there is just something missing it is not really just like it, do not get me wrong, it is very good, but it needs just a little tweaks to as good as the internals.

Hi, thanks for the feedback. I know that it lacks some growl in the externals. Hopefully this will be fixed soon

Awesome buddy ! could u also do the GT3R 2016 please?

Thanks for your feedback. It is very hard to capture samples from videos like that since they contain transmission whine which is very hard to eliminate while creating engine sound. I have mediocre sound editing skills so it will be very difficult for me to do

Good job on the internal dude! External needs some work I think. It's a bit dull and flat and i'm missing the famous porsche bangs when upshifting. But it's a very good start to :)

to be precise, when the car is near you, it sounds like a Ferrari 458 GT2. and when the car gets far, the sound shapes into the flat 6 like the 911 rsr from 2016, but a bit more high pitched. like that sound, actually. really good improvement, even if I don't accept the sound on this model ;)

thanks for the feedback guys! just a heads up that all the sounds are recorded from the actual car :)

for example, at 0:38:

It's a good start, although all you can hear in car is the engine ( which may be reasonably correct!, but sim racers need a few more cues too ) - needs more prominent transmission sounds & some environmental thumps at least. Hopefully the car test you're looking at will have some revving without it being in gear, because using racing video embeds the tranny noise in the engine samples...

Needs a tiny bit of stereo separation also to give you the impression you're inside a tin can.

It's a good start, although all you can hear in car is the engine ( which may be reasonably correct!, but sim racers need a few more cues too ) - needs more prominent transmission sounds & some environmental thumps at least. Hopefully the car test you're looking at will have some revving without it being in gear, because using racing video embeds the tranny noise in the engine samples...

Needs a tiny bit of stereo separation also to give you the impression you're inside a tin can.

thanks, this is very helpful. Sadly the test video has pretty much no revving at standstill. However, one thing worth noticing is that the transmission whine of this car (more often than not) does actually vary with the engine revs rather than car speed, and is only present in deceleration. So that makes it slightly easier

Any chance you guys can include the Original files just in case someone... wish to go back to vanilla sound? I know you can "check local files" etc but I did and now I have no sound on this car and I dont wanna re-check local files cuz I got custom previews etc. Please help.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back