Resource icon

Sounds Porsche 911 RSR 2017 Sound Mod 1.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
The New 1.5.1 version didn't work for me too. The last version worked like a charm. It seems that this issue is present not just for me. Another user has reported this issue too on the review section.

Hi,
I have an issue with the URD 2018 1.5.1 sound bank when compared to the default bank that comes with the URD car.

1 - Engine loudness is significantly reduced
2 - Environmental effects is significantly increased
3 - Engine sounds more "muffled"

Ive done a direct comparison and i think the default URD files provides an infinitely more realistic audio, as the banging, clattering, rumble strips etc in the new file are just far to loud, in many cases drowning out the engine?

I do like hearing the extra effects, but they are far to loud in my opinion, and the default URD bank has a batter balance overall. Perhaps you could reduce slightly the environmental effects to provide a more subtle balance of audio?

File in question is:
911 RSR 2017 Sound Mod V1.5.1/URD RSR 2018-19/Rear Center Exhaust (2017, 18, 19)/Cockpit Sounds

I think this is a step back for the URD 2018 vehicle in particular as your original file that came with that car has a much more realistic balance, you can just hear the environmental effects in a realistic subtle way, and the audio of the engine is screamingly loud.

The new files loses this feeling and 90% of my lap even when driving slowly is over exaggerated environmental effects.

Even a reduction in the environental effects by around of around 20% would be ok, but for me, at the moment they are too distracting and over the top vs your original file from URD.

i hope this comes across in a positive way, not in a negative way, as i'm not complaining, just providing constructive feedback as your original file is just so good, i think this is a slight step back (environmental effects are too loud)...
thanks for the feedback, noted

For the record (and slightly off topic), i hope you are happy with youself, you have ruined Assetto Corsa for me! ;)

I am now (genuinely) unable to drive most cars in the game, due to the fact, that when i drive any other car, other than the URD 911 or Kunos 911 (with your mod) they just dont grab me anymore and feel and sound so dull and boring!

That note, that engine, that screaming sound of the ACFAN 911 is... just...wow!

I just dont get that level of realism and excitement from ANY other car in the game!
That audio is an absolute master class in what audio can do for a game! You transformed it from a game to me feeling like i am literally in that car!
What you captured with the URD car and Kunos 911 car is nothing short of mesmerizing.

I find myself forgetting about the races i am in, and just find myself "playing" the notes from car, getting it screaming as much as possible as i thrash it around the track, the sound is just fantastic and so addictive!

The ACFAN 911 audio is the best car audio i have ever encountered in any game in my entire life and is a real showstopping masterclass in game audio.

I tip my hat you, as i have never had so much fun with a car in my life!

The car is fine with default audio, but my lord, with your audio, its transformed into a completly different expereicne, its like listening to my favourite soundtrack over and over again, just incredible!

Now... will you ever work on another car that has audio similar to this, the screaming, thrashing insane high revving sounds of the 911, as i would love to add more of these monsters to my collection!

Thanks again for all your had work and sorry for the off topic post, but its that audio that keeps me driving that car and this game, so thank you for creating this, and stay safe :)
Really appreciate it man, that's what I wanted to do when I started sound modding. I wanted to give people the most realistic experience possible. It's a real motivator to know that people feel the same as I did when I heard the car in real life, but they feel it when listening to it in a game, a sound I was fortunate to create.

I'm not sure how long you've been following this mod but it started off as an experiment. I'd just come from sound modding Grand Prix 3 by Geoff Crammond (those are still available to download) and when people liked my sounds I decided to have a look at how to make sounds for AC. I was quite new to AC at the time, was also just getting into sports car racing too, discovered that the RSR was being debuted at daytona and that AC would have a dlc for it. I actually fell in love with the original split exhaust first, watched tonnes of onboards etc. Also I noticed that fonsecker released a sound for it. I experimented with fmod and released a botched internal sound for the car.

Then le man's happened. I was blown away. Never thought the car could sound better, but they did it and they hit it out of the park. I jumped at that, found a hole in the sound modding scene, and released a new sound with the new exhaust. Fmod was a steep leaning curve. There were many things I just couldn't get right. External sounds was one of my main weaknesses. I remember Jimmy Broadbent did a video about that particular sound. That's probably what got people interested. I owe him for that.

But if you stick at something you enjoy, solve the issues you have, think outside the box, you'll be able to be very good at what you do. V1.1, or was it 1.3 I can't remember, is where I really discovered how to make good external sounds. Where to record samples from, what kind of footage to look for etc. How to make samples which are smooth and less repetitive. Then I reused those techniques in all my other mods. Some still need updating

Anyhow, the conclusion is I'm really grateful that people like my sounds and it humble me when I see my sounds online on youtube etc. I don't think I ever imagined my sounds being this popular, even though I never doubted myself.

As for more sounds, well you have the vrc indycar I just uploaded today and if you want a screamer try my sound for the Zonda R.

New sounds are coming. I plan on making a formula one hybrid pack with sound mods for the rss cars, sounds for all manufacturers will be included

Last edited:
Hey ACFAN, love your mod awesome stuff! I've run unto some difficulties though. i updated to 1.51, however i now get the 2020 side exhaust sound when i install the original 2017 exhaust. I cant get the original sounds back, any idea how to fix this?

Hey ACFAN, love your mod awesome stuff! I've run unto some difficulties though. i updated to 1.51, however i now get the 2020 side exhaust sound when i install the original 2017 exhaust. I cant get the original sounds back, any idea how to fix this?
You sure? The original sounds similar to the 2020 exhaust, just a little quieter and better sounding off throttle with a nice rasp

I’ll double check when I get home

OK so which sound mod do I install since there are 3 different exhaust files with paths to content --> cars --> ks_porsche_911_rsr_2017 --> sfx for the Kunos car and 2 different exhaust files with the same sfx folder path for the ks_porsche_911_rsr_2018. I don't get it. Do you just choose which one you want since you will just be overwriting the bank file in you try to put them all in the same sfx folder? An actual step by step install guide directly related to this mod would be appreciated.

OK so which sound mod do I install since there are 3 different exhaust files with paths to content --> cars --> ks_porsche_911_rsr_2017 --> sfx for the Kunos car and 2 different exhaust files with the same sfx folder path for the ks_porsche_911_rsr_2018. I don't get it. Do you just choose which one you want since you will just be overwriting the bank file in you try to put them all in the same sfx folder? An actual step by step install guide directly related to this mod would be appreciated.
Porsche ran different exhausts with different sounds, you have to pick which you like most

Hi, yes you should choose only one for the 2017 car. The 2018 file is for the urd 911 rsr 2018 available here on racedepartment

Create an ext_config.ini file in a folder called "extension" in the car's folder, then type this code in:

[AUDIO_VOLUME]
TRANSMISSION=X

where X is the volume, on a 0-1 scale. If you want it louder than 1 (100%), increase the number to 1.5 or 2.

Last edited:
Create an ext_config.ini file in a folder called "extension" in the car's folder, then type this code in:

[AUDIO_VOLUME]
TRANSMISSION=X

where X is the volume, on a 0-1 scale. If you want it louder than 1 (100%), increase the number to 1.5 or 2.
That would be true if the transmission whine was tied to the transmission event in fmod. Which currently it is not. It is part of the engine samples due to my inability to filter it out and place it in the transmission event

so doing that will have no affect because there is nothing In the transmission event for this car. Maybe with my new knowledge about spectrograph editing I can fix this

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 27 22.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.0%