V1.0 is finally here!
This mod now includes sounds for both the old and new exhaust systems which the Porsche GT Team used!
- Fixed looping clicks and pops
- New idle sample
- New external close range samples
- Added high pitch squeal at low revs (external)
- All new 'Old exhaust' sound!
- New idle external sounds
- Adjusted approach sound volume
V0.8 is here!
- Updated external sounds with different sounds for when the car is near and far
- Updated external approach sounds
- New WIP external sounds
- Improvements to the volume levels of the engine, kerbs, tyre skid, grass, wind etc
- New low rev samples and gear paddle sounds
- Smooth transition from low to higher revs
V0.6 Released! I think I've finally cracked it!
The most realistic sounding version yet!
-Marshall Pruett internal sounds
Edit: OK so it seems that not many have heard the Marshall Pruett podcast which showcases in car audio of the 911 RSR. So here's a link:
Minor update V0.5.5
-Increased external sounds audio to match other GTLM/GTEPro cars
-New onboard camera sounds!
-Modified cockpit sounds low revs and bass level to be more realistic
-Improved external sounds
- Onboard camera sounds (WIP)
- More accurate bass for internal sounds, slight modification to lower revs
- Improved externals (WIP)
- New internal sounds
- Some samples trigger by throttle - let me know what you think (see the first chicane in the video)
V0.3 is now available!
I have just come across a video of the RSR being tested by AUTOHEBDOMagazine and it seems like a great video for new internal sounds. The samples I currently use (from le mans) are, relatively speaking, quite bad in quality because the mics they used at le mans couldn't handle the noise! So I might skip V0.4 and go straight to V0.5 with brand new internals. Hopefully by then there will also be some better exterior recordings with less cars around
- New and reworked external sound
- New transmission sound
- New engine whistle (needs some work)
- New internal 'upshift' sound for lower revs. Use longer gear ratios to hear it more often. In this video you can hear it when upshifting to 2nd and 3rd gear.
V0.2 is now available!
External sounds have been added, as has a transmission sound, and internal sounds have been added for idle and low revs
V0.1 is now available!
Sound has been completely reworked to reflect the new exhaust system used at le mans. I am having some latency issues in FMOD with large sample files so I have had to cut a lot of the samples shorter and therefore you may hear some slight discontinuities on long straights etc.
but even so, this car really does sound insanely awesome!
EDIT: Forgot to mention, external sounds haven't been done yet since the sources available are few and far between. I hope to start working on them today and hopefully have something ready within the next few days
This is my very first sound mod and a means for me to learn FMOD studio, so please be nice. All of the sound samples need work on looping but the feel is there
extract to '...assettocorsa\content\cars'