Resource icon

Sounds Porsche 911 RSR 2017 Sound Mod 1.5.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Whats the difference between onboard and cockpit sounds?
Hi,

The onboards sounds are taken from imsa onboard footage and the cockpit sounds are taken from the Marshall pruett podcast where he recorded the car from inside the cockpit. Note that I don't think imsa footage is recorded from inside the cockpit

Pick whichever you prefer

Hope that makes sense

Hi,

The onboards sounds are taken from imsa onboard footage and the cockpit sounds are taken from the Marshall pruett podcast where he recorded the car from inside the cockpit. Note that I don't think imsa footage is recorded from inside the cockpit

Pick whichever you prefer

Hope that makes sense

Thanks for the answer!

Hey ACFAN, first of all: I absolutely love your sound mods, BUT... i found some pretty critical errors which seem to occur in almost every single of your soundmods.

I was working on putting together a Daytona 24h grid and was wondering why some of the cars (specifically Kunos GT3 cars with Fonsecker sounds) just didn't want to have sound. I played around with sound options for literal ages, in AC, in CSP and so on until i narrowed it down to the RSR with your sound mod being in my grid. After digging a little deeper i found that you have a huge amount of events and banks from other cars referenced in your GUIDs.txt. The RSR GUIDS.txt has references for almost 30 (!) other cars.

I am by no means an expert on AC sound modding, but i know of the problems with fmod IDs. None of the cars you referenced in the GUIDS.txt that are not the RSR will have working sound when you pair them together with the RSR (Except if those still use the Kunos original sounds, but i'm not 100% sure)

As i had more soundmods from you installed, i checked the other mods as well and it was the same thing pretty much everywhere. Personally i fixed the GUIDs.txt files (and all my issues along with them) by removing every "event:" and "bank:" lines that were not the car's themselves, but i'm not sure if this will bring other issues. I highly recommend you fix those files, as it creates a lot of issues with sounds not working that are kind of hard to get your head around.

Last edited:
Hey ACFAN, first of all: I absolutely love your sound mods, BUT... i found some pretty critical errors which seem to occur in almost every single of your soundmods.

I was working on putting together a Daytona 24h grid and was wondering why some of the cars (specifically Kunos GT3 cars with Fonsecker sounds) just didn't want to have sound. I played around with sound options for literal ages, in AC, in CSP and so on until i narrowed it down to the RSR with your sound mod being in my grid. After digging a little deeper i found that you have a huge amount of events and banks from other cars referenced in your GUIDs.txt. The RSR GUIDS.txt has references for almost 30 (!) other cars.

I am by no means an expert on AC sound modding, but i know of the problems with fmod IDs. None of the cars you referenced in the GUIDS.txt that are not the RSR will have working sound when you pair them together with the RSR (Except if those still use the Kunos original sounds, but i'm not 100% sure)

As i had more soundmods from you installed, i checked the other mods as well and it was the same thing pretty much everywhere. Personally i fixed the GUIDs.txt files (and all my issues along with them) by removing every "event:" and "bank:" lines that were not the car's themselves, but i'm not sure if this will bring other issues. I highly recommend you fix those files, as it creates a lot of issues with sounds not working that are kind of hard to get your head around.

thanks for this. I never knew that this had such a big impact. sorry to all the folks who had this problem. i'll work on fixing them asap

thanks for this. I never knew that this had such a big impact. sorry to all the folks who had this problem. i'll work on fixing them asap

Thanks for the answer. How big of an impact it is depends on a lot of factors, that's probably why noone has found that out yet. For example the car's sound will not work ONLY if it is loaded after the car with the sound mod. So it only really messes with the sounds when specific car combinations and load orders occur. Seeing that i had quite a big grid of 43 cars and most of them had sound mods really made the issue much more likely to occur.

Would anyone happen to know if it’s possible to use the V1.5 update with the United Racing Design RSR 2018 mod? Specifically the center exhaust sound file? I tried to add it to the URD RSR 2018 but it breaks the car, it will not load the session and takes me back to the menu. The URD RSR 2018 already uses the ACFAN sound mod but it’s the older version, I really would love to use the newly updated center exhaust sounds with the URD car being that that car was visually updated to actually have center exhaust pipes.

Last edited:
Would anyone happen to know if it’s possible to use the V1.5 update with the United Racing Design RSR 2018 mod? Specifically the center exhaust sound file? I tried to add it to the URD RSR 2018 but it breaks the car, it will not load the session and takes me back to the menu. The URD RSR 2018 already uses the ACFAN sound mod but it’s the older version, I really would love to use the newly updated center exhaust sounds with the URD car being that that car was visually updated to actually have center exhaust pipes.

hi, you can easily swap car sounds using content manager.

go to the content tab, find the urd RSR, click on replace sound, find the normal rsr, click on it, click on ok. Done

Last edited:
just make sure to name the files correctly to match the folder
hi, you can easily swap car sounds using content manager.

go to the content tab, find the urd RSR, click on replace sound, find the normal rsr, click on it, click on ok. Done
well, if you rename the bank file and inside the guid file to match the folder, it does work. I've done it countless times

I got it working! Absolutely perfect! Thank you very much, I really appreciate everyone’s help.

Hey @ACFAN, this mod is hands down one of the best sounds in sim racing, but there's a reeeaaally annoying issue. I've installed the center exhaust sound on the 2017 RSR, then swapped it on the from URD made 2018 car. So far, so good, but when I then install the correct sound on the 2017 one, the 2018 version goes silent.

I think you need to export the 2018 sound with FMOD especially for that car. I would REALLY appreciate you doing this, so both versions can be used with their correct sound, without switching them around.

installing the 1.5.1 i don't get any sound in the car (i've only used the kunos 2017):
-original separated rear exhaust WORKS
-Rear center exhaust NO SOUND (internal and external)
-Side exhaust NO SOUND (internal and external)

in 1.5 every sound was working fine

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 31 24.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 17.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.2%
  • Forum trophies