PC1 Pcars: A community divided

Continuation of Part 1: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/banned-for-no-reason.47384/

Its hard to believe a game has taken a community over like this. Now with legal proceedings, its kind of become a joke for simmers. I have been at this a while now and have never seen a game invoke so much negative and positive reaction. May the discussions continue :)

Ps. While i continue to support pcars, i respect RD for allowing the freedom of expression to all its members.

I'm not attacking you either :)

I'm defending myself against your legal threats and censoring requests.

If you just stop doing that, this thread will die, will be in page 3 soon, and all this history will be over.

No censoring requests, for the 3rd time. PLease afford us the same level of moderation you have in other forums, that's all.

The 'Banned' thread refused to die. In fact it became something of a general thread. We watched it for months. General abuse mainly though.

You have the same level of moderationg than in other forums.

Just please take time to look around, look at the rFactor 2 Beta release thread, just personal abuses removed, like in your thread.

I understand you may not like this and I respect it, but please don't say we are attacking you because you reckon many times that in fact site owners were positive many times regarding PCARS.

I don't hate you, I don't hate SMS, I don't hate PCARS, and like I said if the sim is good, we will be the first ones organising championships with it and supporting it here, like we did until now, and like we are doing now during all this conflict.

I'm completely separating my opinon about you (I don't know you but I respect you for GTR2 which I find the best sim judged on its time), your company (not involved so I can't say) and this issue (where I totally disagree with you).

Considering the pressure we are under, I think I'm at least trying to be loyal to my principles even being an unprofessional unpaid volunteer administrator of a simracing community.

As a Marketing guy i am truly stunned by this really.
Its such bad Marketing for your product. Over only one thread title. If i did this at my job i was already standing on the street. But awell if your the boss.. I would recommend a workshop for SMS from ISI, Reiza or Kunos how to handle your customers. Thats my verdict. As we are probably already practicing for court.

Its such bad Marketing for your product. Over only one thread title. If i did this at my job i was already standing on the street. But awell if your the boss.. I would recommend a workshop for SMS from ISI, Reiza or Kunos how to handle your customers. Thats my verdict. As we are probably already practicing for court.

Thats what I was thinking all the time. In fact (I as well work in this sector) I would not only be fired I would also face a lawsuit for malicious behaviour against my company.
Personally I´m just irritated because I faced a shitstorm over at WMD for asking stuff up some weeks ago and now I see Ian acting like this.

Thats what I was thinking all the time. In fact (I as well work in this sector) I would not only be fired I would also face a lawsuit for malicious behaviour against my company.
Personally I´m just irritated because I faced a shitstorm over at WMD for asking stuff up some weeks ago and now I see Ian acting like this.

I'm trying to make Ian understand this simple fact since...well...days. I started explaining it in the old thread. Don't even bother guys, I've given up by now.

Oh and could you please write less than 6-7 pages while I'm sleeping? More than 7 pages would mean I need more than 3 cups of coffee while going through them first thing tomorrow morning and that's a bit much. :p

I'm trying to make Ian understand this simple fact since...well...days. I started explaining it in the old thread. Don't even bother guys, I've given up by now.

Oh and could you please write less than 6-7 pages while I'm sleeping? More than 7 pages would mean I need more than 3 cups of coffee while going through them first thing tomorrow morning and that's a bit much. :p
lol. At this rate 3 more days and it will catch the banned thread

IANAL but Ian imo you've got no ground to stand on. You've made false accusations repeatedly (e.g. Banned for no reason!']saying nobody was ever banned for no reason and then someone registering to note that, yes, they were banned for no reason) -- notice those two statements are hyperlinked, you can click and within seconds see someone contradicting their own statement. Wonderful new innovation, this internet.

It's your objective opinion they were banned for a reason, but it's their objective opinion they were banned for no reason. The fact is, as the screenshot shows, the given reason was "No reason." Any court that is cursed to deal with this ridiculous farce is not likely to ignore that, or the litany of other contradictions, attacks, and inflammatory statements you and your representatives have made. You can claim Micas may not speak for you, but when he says he is one of the leading investors in Project CARS and that you, Ian Bell, like what he writes, to the rest of us reading this thread it means he speaks in his capacity as a leading investor in the project. Nobody would even know this if he hadn't made it clear over, and over, and over.

My advice is to make nice with the community, as fast as possible. At this point a lawsuit is going to drag your name irrevocably through the mud. If you have any common sense at all you'll toss Micas under the bus and do a total about face, because you're preparing for a head-to-head battle, not just with RaceDepartment, but with The Internet.

Cliff notes: The Internet doesn't lose. Even if you win an injunction against RaceDepartment, The Internet will make sure people know what happened on this forum, using pictures of your own posts. It will come back to you over, and over, and over. You can't just silence criticism anymore. If the US Government can't do it, what makes you think you can?

You've already lost me though. Never again. Not Project CARS, not anything else you ever make. I asked for a refund in the locked thread but received no confirmation. Can you please see to that? Thank you.

PS: If LevianthanPT (Senior Manager, I looked him up at WMD) hadn't trolled HardOCP's forum I likely never would have come here and joined in the discussion.

Just tried F1 2011 again, and once again I can't get acceptable steering precision, and it's been the case ever since I got my first wheel that if it takes more than a few minutes off default to get decent steering precision, I won't get it as it's not there to begin with.

This is why I said at WMD that pcars has surpassed F1 2011/Dirt3 as a simcade due to the fact that pcars does have excellent steering precision, granted it's always hard to separate the steering from the FFB and physics, but we're talking in simcade terms here.

Another thing I keep noticing, is that F1 2011 is a POS from an efficiency POV in that the framerates I get in comparison to pcars suck hard, so pcars not only has better GFX in general, it appears as though the engine is far more efficient{I've had F1 2011 on 2 systems}.

Good news for me and everyone else is F1 2012 has a demo, and one would hope CM's have bought into the concept of making a good game at the core level, so a racing game must at the very least operate well with control devices, especially popular ones.

I fixed all my links and reposted this, since the earlier post had totally messed up links. Mod can delete earlier one (and my request to fix it) if they like... or replace that post with this one.

-----

IANAL but Ian imo you've got no ground to stand on. You've made false accusations repeatedly (e.g. saying nobody was ever banned for no reason and then someone registering to note that, yes, they were banned for no reason) -- notice those two statements are hyperlinked, you can click and within seconds see someone contradicting their own statement. Wonderful new innovation, this internet.

It's your objective opinion they were banned for a reason, but it's their objective opinion they were banned for no reason. The fact is, as the screenshot shows, the given reason was "No reason." Any court that is cursed to deal with this ridiculous farce is not likely to ignore that, or the litany of other contradictions, attacks, and inflammatory statements you and your representatives have made. You can claim Micas may not speak for you, but when he says he is one of the leading investors in Project CARS and that you, Ian Bell, like what he writes, to the rest of us reading this thread it means he speaks in his capacity as a leading investor in the project. Nobody would even know this if he hadn't made it clear over, and over, and over.

My advice is to make nice with the community, as fast as possible. At this point a lawsuit is going to drag your name irrevocably through the mud. If you have any common sense at all you'll toss Micas under the bus and do a total about face, because you're preparing for a head-to-head battle, not just with RaceDepartment, but with The Internet.

Cliff notes: The Internet doesn't lose. Even if you win an injunction against RaceDepartment, The Internet will make sure people know what happened on this forum, using pictures of your own posts. It will come back to you over, and over, and over. You can't just silence criticism anymore. If the US Government can't do it, what makes you think you can?

You've already lost me though. Never again. Not Project CARS, not anything else you ever make. I asked for a refund in the locked thread but received no confirmation. Can you please see to that? Thank you.

PS: If LevianthanPT (Senior Manager, I looked him up at WMD) hadn't trolled HardOCP's forum I likely never would have come here and joined in the discussion.

I am really disappointed with the response to critisism in the threads here by the pcars management, wow does it take a long time to read all those threads in "banned" and here. I might have bought the game otherwise.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.