PC1 Banned for no reason!

Rob....these jokers make fools of themselves and distance themselves from the greater sim community each post they make.
micas talks always for him self.he don't represent sms or the wmd community he is a free man and can do what he want.he is 1. person of thousands. also wmd is an very big and growing sim community.and you are not part of it.

If you read all the pages Dan you will see that I have posted more than enough warnings to get this discussion back on topic without the personal insults.

There is nothing wrong with the thread itself but the attitude of the people involved. Comments are made with the slightest respect for others. Thats what is disturbing, not the thread itself.

We should get some of the key players in this thread together and make a movie. We could call it "Trainwreck" it could make for some decent entertainment and could bring huge heaping wads of cash to our bank accountz. Then, at our 1 million sales party in london, we'll announce a second movie. We will all have fun making this movie and stuff our accounts with even more cash!

@All: http://www.racedepartment.com/terms-of-service/

and when you are done reading it have a look at the following thread posted by a mature youngster making a hell of lot of sense: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/sim-racing-community-cant-we-just-get-along.52214/

It's not about physics, arcade, fps, money or having Ian Bell's telephone number but about words that are hardly known anymore nowadays: respect and tolerance.[/qu
respect and tolerance is a very good idea but in a discussion both sides have to use it,or you need a good and neutral moderation.but in this thread it was clear from beginning that cant work.1. the headline.after the 1. page it was clear that there was an reason for refund.not everybody have to share the ban option but the headline was wrong.with a demagogic headline like that you get automatic 2 sides and you also can catch many people because everybody want to know who is this poor person and were are the bad guys.and you see it works perfect.(800 replies and 23000 views).2 off topic.there is no topic to discus any more but you have the "haters and the fanboys" and a headline which is good for much as possible views.so let the attraction go on off topic with a trouble guaranty.3 respect and tolerance:you said that in this thread there are in general only two types of persons. "Haters and Fanboys". did you ever see a forum full with respectful and tolerant haters and fanboys?me not.and in a discussion with david my tolerance have an end.
now to the link.i see that Lee Ross is arriving there through the back door starting a very tolerant anti sms article.like "i don't like talking bad about sms,but never mind i do it.and i do it very long"
i respect him as an artist but you cant talk with him about pcars.
so i am tolerant and do not go there.

martin.

Stop being such a drama queen......if this game turns out to be a GT5 competitor rather than a GTR competitor, MILLIONS of people will be happy, as most people prefer simcadey driving models.

The fact is, GTR Evo is much easier to drive than rf2 or iracing, yet despite that, on pub MP, there's often only a handful who drive at a respectable pace, and I think SMS know this and are building a game around casual users who primarily judge a racing game by it's GFX, especially these days.

I used to be open to simcade games, but they keep disappointing me, so I've shifted to sims and have bought quite a few recently and will most likely buy AC/GTR3 and anything from Reiza.

That said, I still might buy this game, but it remains to be seen whether it has the quality of physics and FFB that even 2007's F2P BMW M3 challenge has.

Have to say I think this guy who came on here from WMD (if indeed he is from there) is really rather arrogant and not at all a great ambassador for any software company I would give money to.

I have to admit I think he might not be who he says he is as seriously if my boss caought me dissing possible customers like this I would espect to be serverly disciplined.

Which either means:

a) Bell is happy with this kind of thing in which case he will get what he deserves.

b)This guy is an imposter from their forum or another trying to stir up rubbish yet again.

The answer is a)

I am indeed the legend that is Micas, from the WMD site.. currently the #2 community investor in the project - because some German guy just had to one up me and show off.

And indeed.. we will get what we deserve. I have no doubt about that.

Actually.. let me expand on the answer of a)
Ian doesn't care what pCARS trolls do or say, and he doesn't care how WMD members respond back to said trolls because he's actually running a company and managing a multi-million dollar project at the moment.

I hope when you guys buy the game, you keep your aliases the same. I will be using mine - this way we can recognize each other on the track. SMS is having one of their artists design for me a custom Alot livery for my cars which should be very conspicuous as I go by you. *hint* image search google for "alot".

My other custom livery will likely be the Monopoly Man.. you know.. the one with all the bags of cash, but I haven't settled on that one yet.

david
i am in simracing since more than 13 years and i also know how fast sports cars feel on the limit.for me it is a fact that a sim have noting to do with reality.its a game its e-sport,illusion for the child in the man.the physics,ffb.....every thing is illusion.i drive every sim you talking about for a long time.i tweaked the rf.gt.2.evo..... ffb for 1000. of hours just to get a better illusion.i am not interested in it any more.at the moment pcars gives the child in me the best illusion.the man drives motorbike with the dead on the backseat and that's real live.
and something to you.stop, going in every forum talking bad about the hard work of many talented people,just for your fun.

Normal for console racing games, but not desirable for sims, plus, SMS engines seem very susceptible to lag with low frame rates.
We will see. Input threading, low latency assets and some new assets will possible work better then even Shift 1 on consoles.

83 - 100 ms is the absolute lowest possible lag on consoles at 30 fps. That's not far from some games at 60 fps. But of course it's not so easy when you need collision detection, physics and an advanced renderer.

We will see. I hope it don't hamper the experience of what it should be on consoles in the end :thumbsup:

So, on one hand you have a handful of very vocal people that are hell bent on vandalism, on the other hand you have the numerous entrepreneurs who try to build something up.
That isn't what's happening here. If you all work in silence testing and improving a thing that you "build up" why would anyone complain about that.

For me (a WMD member), sitting on the sideline and observing this shitstorm, it's easy to see which party is the more rational and productive one. I belive others who might happen upon this thread will be able to see this quite clearly too.
It's easier to see without WMD glasses on :unsure:

The answer is a)

I am indeed the legend that is Micas, from the WMD site.. currently the #2 community investor in the project - because some German guy just had to one up me and show off.

And indeed.. we will get what we deserve. I have no doubt about that.

Actually.. let me expand on the answer of a)
Ian doesn't care what pCARS trolls do or say, and he doesn't care how WMD members respond back to said trolls because he's actually running a company and managing a multi-million dollar project at the moment.

I hope when you guys buy the game, you keep your aliases the same. I will be using mine - this way we can recognize each other on the track. SMS is having one of their artists design for me a custom Alot livery for my cars which should be very conspicuous as I go by you. *hint* image search google for "alot".

My other custom livery will likely be the Monopoly Man.. you know.. the one with all the bags of cash, but I haven't settled on that one yet.

I saw several posts on different forums where all you do is brag about your bank account.
Your obsession with money is funny and disturbing.

I saw several posts on different forums where all you do is brag about your bank account.
Your obsession with money is funny and disturbing.

That's because you don't see my posts on WMD.. :) Sarcasm is a huge part of my game on a forum like this. The guys on WMD understand that, and know that I'll write 100 posts on the issue of the game compared to 1 post on the topic of the money..

You know why I'm doing it here? Because there are people that are obsessed with bashing pCARS and I find it funny and disturbing. So what I do is come here and point out the absurdity of what ya'll are doing - while at the same time correcting mis-information about the game where I can, and pointing out that I'm going to make scads (hundreds of thousands of dollars) of money from the game for one simple reason. To annoy you as you annoy us.

That's pretty much all there is to it.

Have to say I think this guy who came on here from WMD (if indeed he is from there) is really rather arrogant and not at all a great ambassador for any software company I would give money to.

I have to admit I think he might not be who he says he is as seriously if my boss caought me dissing possible customers like this I would espect to be serverly disciplined.

Which either means:

a) Bell is happy with this kind of thing in which case he will get what he deserves.

b)This guy is an imposter from their forum or another trying to stir up rubbish yet again.
Whatever he is, he's an investor so they can't get rid of him. He's the 2nd biggest investor, so if he's a nuisance they have to deal with him.

If you invest in your company boss may react differently to you as well ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.