Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just tested out the server... I normally get 90fps... And I was getting 85-88 FPS...Interesting seeing the loading screen... loading 118 cars :)
server_loading_screen.jpg

Mclaren P1 had to be done... Out of a nice, varied set of car choices...
Now I know my PC can handle it i'll see some of you in there one day soon :)

I can't tell without more detailed geometry whether this is someone's driveway or an emergency stopping zone, since it's at the end of a long downhill, but I just had this urge to go left instead of right...
jzYDgD3.jpg

I can't tell without more detailed geometry whether this is someone's driveway or an emergency stopping zone, since it's at the end of a long downhill, but I just had this urge to go left instead of right...
Very well spotted mate :) That improvised ramp is actually IRL this little track, different view position of course. I was wondering if anyone would spot this... potential ramp :D bonus points to you for flying through the air backwards! lol
mud_creek_1.jpg

In real life... This "ramp" was almost taken out by this massive landslide...
mud_creek_2.jpg

You'd find it impossible to get a run up in real life... this section of PCH is currently undriveable!
This landslide which happened on the 20th May this year, has made 13 acres of extra coastal real-estate. CalTrans are just going to put the road over the top of this landslide, I won't be changing my track though... I have it.. preserved in AC now :)

Last edited:
I'd really love to play this online (when I'm a bit tired I usually go to some Lake Louise or Transfagarasan server and drive around with other people) I'm sure it could be super fun, but I am afraid that the 118 car slots might be an issue 1) for the loading time 2) for the slow-downs it seems to cause to average PCs like mine. May I suggest a version with 30-40 car slots?

I'd really love to play this online (when I'm a bit tired I usually go to some Lake Louise or Transfagarasan server and drive around with other people) I'm sure it could be super fun, but I am afraid that the 118 car slots might be an issue 1) for the loading time 2) for the slow-downs it seems to cause to average PCs like mine. May I suggest a version with 30-40 car slots?
Yeah that sounds a reasonable amount of car slots... It could be cool to have the full version of the server, and a "lite" version. But I'm not running the server so I have no control over what Easy does with it.
I've sent him a message though, with ideas about a lite version :)
He seems cool, so I'm sure something will happen.
Anyone else who knows how to host servers can always give it a try in the meantime.

If it proves popular online, I'll more than likely spread the starting points further across the map, putting 4 or 5 at the laybys / pull over points... and maybe 10 or so at the basic parking lots at the end of the side roads. Then the rest at the mansion, North and South parking lots.
Everyone nicely spread out, from the word go.

This is still early days, with going online with this... It will probably take some refinement.. We shall have to wait and see what happens mate :)
Personally a 30 - 40 slot, Need for Speed server sounds good to me.

@Stereo I'll see your flying through the air backwards...
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_sf70h_pacific_coast_19-10-117-0-17-29.jpg

And raise you... some serious air time... This is going to hurt :D
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_sf70h_pacific_coast_19-10-117-0-19-37.jpg

Somehow landed it...
Screenshot_ks_ferrari_sf70h_pacific_coast_19-10-117-0-20-29.jpg

And still managed to do a 7:07 run Northbound lol
sh70h_finish.jpg

Obviously a much faster run is possible in the SF70H ;)
I also managed to take the Salmon Creek Chicane at 162mph

Last edited:
May I suggest a version with 30-40 car slots?
When I upload a couple of extra mansion layouts... Downhill & Uphill... I'll look into doing a couple of extra online layouts... Limiting the max car slots to 50... Also spreading them out... Putting 8-10 boxes at the basic parking lots at the end of the 4 side roads.. Putting 8-10 at the 5 laybys / parking areas, some at the mansion... and then the rest at the North and South parking lots.

I'll number them in an easy way for any servers to assign police cars to the layby pit boxes, or the parking areas at the end of the side roads... etc.

If anyone has any ideas for placement ideas for online layouts...
let me know within a week or so, If I like any ideas I'll add them :)

51ET1Xk.jpg

Finally got around to doing a north run. In the Cobra that's part throttle in 2nd gear almost the entire way, which is... quite sketchy. Spun out once, didn't break anything, kept going.

I did try to drive up that side road in the F350 but the dirt's not grippy enough and I kept sliding off at the first hairpin.

51ET1Xk.jpg

Finally got around to doing a north run. In the Cobra that's part throttle in 2nd gear almost the entire way, which is... quite sketchy. Spun out once, didn't break anything, kept going.

I did try to drive up that side road in the F350 but the dirt's not grippy enough and I kept sliding off at the first hairpin.
Nice choice of car mate 11:34 probably has quite some time to knock off...
But to start with it's an achievement to just make it...
although the new road layout is far more driver friendly than previous versions :)

That side road isn't really a thing at the moment, I didn't want to use any more triangles, it would have taken loads as that side road twists back tightly...
roughly 8km's of side roads has used up enough extra tri's already.
maybe later depending on the performance... I might add some more areas, but if so, it will come after all over priorities. :)

Yeah, plenty of road signs so even if I can't read what they say, I can slow down if I see a whole bunch of them and then the road disappears around a hill.
That's kind of why the road signs are in there, mainly as braking markers.. so you're using them in the right way :) also the roads subtle banking helps telegraph the corners better...

Plus they're more realistic with FAR less multi apex corners.. where my spline previously wasn't pulled tight enough, and had too many verts.
Now it has the minimum number of verts whilst following the real road.
LA Canyons, whilst a bit of a diversion... taught me a few valuable things :)
I'd recommend if you're unfamiliar with the road, taking a car with higher downforce while learning...
It's also quite an adrenaline rush doing a 6½ minute run :)

I'm sticking to 4 speeds for now :p Ran a 9:50 in the 917/30 (really not a good time, but it's kinda unmanageable boost in 1st and half the track is 1st gear)

This one I really noticed something going on with the double yellow lines... not a good idea to turn with tires on them. I expect it's closer to the car's best possible time, since it's pretty comfortable to drive.
dGKnq2p.jpg

I'm sticking to 4 speeds for now :p Ran a 9:50 in the 917/30 (really not a good time, but it's kinda unmanageable boost in 1st and half the track is 1st gear)

This one I really noticed something going on with the double yellow lines... not a good idea to turn with tires on them. I expect it's closer to the car's best possible time, since it's pretty comfortable to drive.
dGKnq2p.jpg
Nice screenshot of a very nice car ;)
23km's in 9:50 isn't too bad a time...
I've tried to set the FFB mesh to have some detail in the softer road cars... But still attempted to make it driveable in a race car... So it should be a bumpier ride... I also tried to make it so that the double yellows are slightly there in a softer road car, but you don't want to stay on them as they're not a constant band running for 23km, that'd be too predictable.

In a future update, when I'm not updating pretty much everything... Which has been the case for 0.95.
I might take a look at the road mesh and possibly redo it... as the road textures are currently no-where near final. I've already created a separate 23km long object that will be the centrelines.. I intend to split this into different sections... some with double yellows, some with solid & dashed lines, some with dashed lines, cats eyes etc. This road is more for the road cars... But I wanted race cars to be an option down here as well.

dG8JpjS.jpg

Cut 23 seconds by knowing the course better... aside from one blind corner that keeps tripping me up I think I am getting reasonably familiar now. Next attempt I'm gonna try to go full throttle the whole way up that long hill at the end, the second S is a little iffy but this car's not all that fast.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.