Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Cut 23 seconds by knowing the course better... aside from one blind corner that keeps tripping me up I think I am getting reasonably familiar now. Next attempt I'm gonna try to go full throttle the whole way up that long hill at the end, the second S is a little iffy but this car's not all that fast.
Great that you're learning the corners more now :)
It could just be me, but the more familiar the corners are, the more addictive it gets.
It's also quite surprising the high speed some of the corners can be taken at. I reckon in the SF70H a sub 6 minute run is totally possible. Which blind corner keeps tripping you up mate? I find this slight double apex corner (at Whaleboat Rock) tricky to get a decent line through.
northbound_extra_barrier_pos.jpg

I'm considering putting in a barrier where the green line is.

I had a quick go in the 917/30... lowered the boost (as I was on gamepad), softened the ARB, maxed the ride heights because of the softer ARB's, with the back jacked up like a hot rod, maxed the rear downforce... which leveled it out... and managed a very cautious 9:05. Maybe not the best setup... as it handled like a boat.
I have to say, a dangerous choice of car, for a dangerous road, which is a real challenge!
After that car... A McLaren P1... flat out, is a relaxing drive!

It's one where the northbound is over a crest and tightens to use rally terms... I always recognize it because there's a small gap in the railing that I almost go off course into. Probably only 3-4 feet large. If I braked more I could get a better exit but I always have to brake hard and end up very slow at the exit.

It's one where the northbound is over a crest and tightens to use rally terms... I always recognize it because there's a small gap in the railing that I almost go off course into. Probably only 3-4 feet large. If I braked more I could get a better exit but I always have to brake hard and end up very slow at the exit.
I'm not 100% sure what corner that is mate... there are a few corners (I still don't know how many corners Pacific has) You should try the 935 Moby... now that's a fun car along here on the limit, or a 965.
Hope you learn all the corners soon :) :thumbsup:

Just saving the 46km Full traffic loop (43 AI)... It's taken half 40 mins already...
Will update the AI Traffic mod later...
This will also include 2 mansion layouts... Mansion Downhill and Mansion Hillclimb... Both with cams and a set of experimental drone cams (that only work in one direction on each respective layout).

And an extra online multiplayer layout... Another free roam... This one is called PCH - Freeroam This time limited to 50 cars... using the various... laybys / parking areas, extra parking lots... so there are only 9 pit boxes at gas station parking lots. I'll provide a list of AC_PIT slot numbers so if anyone is setting up a server and wants police patrol cars to start in a certain place it will make more sense ;)

EDIT: Slightly behind schedule as was cruising with @Easy247 and @guidofoc... nice to drive fast...ish along the coast with you :) Great fun!

Last edited:
The AI Full Loop has taken a bit more testing than I expected.
Have just left AC running for an hour and there have been 3 retirements out of 35 starting AI.
All depends on your car choices obviously.
It might be an idea to turn off fuel usage if you want them to loop for hour after hour :)

Also had to test out the Downhill / Hillclimb layouts in different modes the best I can.
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_plus_pacific_coast_23-10-117-3-59-20.jpg

Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_plus_pacific_coast_23-10-117-1-54-4.jpg

Seems to work pretty much how I want it to...
Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_plus_pacific_coast_23-10-117-1-56-41.jpg

It was great seeing you drive past in your 911 R and get the tail out around some of the tighter corners, nice driving mate :) And about time I started going online with Assetto... I'll have to make some more time to do it again soon :)
I'm glad it works just as I intended it to :)

I'm just about to upload a "lite" free roam version with a maximum of 50 slots.
The pit boxes are spread out along the whole length of the track... 3 at the mansion... 20 at various laybys / parking areas, 18 at both the gas stations then another 9 at the "extra" parking lots.

I'll add to these online layouts,
and add the Mansion > North & Mansion > South layouts at a later date.
Tweaking anything if needed :)

If you want track cams, that don't flicker when you change lanes, on ANY of Pacific Coasts AI Traffic Loop layouts... Follow this work around...

1. Save your replay.

2. Rename the fast_lane.ai something like fast_lane_TRAFFIC.ai in any AI Traffic layout folder you want the cameras to work on.

3. Navigate to either the north/ai folder or the south/ai folder, copy that fast_lane.ai into the AI Traffic layout you want the cameras to work on.

4. Do the same thing with the cameras.ini from the north/data or south/data to the data folder of the AI Traffic layout you want the cameras to work on.

5. Play the replay.

6. When done watching replays, rename the copied fast_lane.ai to something like fast_lane_REPLAYS.ai and rename fast_lane_TRAFFIC.ai back to fast_lane.ai.

8. Leave the fast_lane_REPLAYS.ai where it is, and the cameras.ini where it is, so all you have to do next time is rename the files.

7. Drive with the AI Traffic again.

I would only recommended trying this if you know a little bit about modding.
It's a pretty simple work-around to me, I'm sure it'll make sense to most of you :)

Last edited:
If anyone following this thread has joined the new Easy 24/7 - 50 slot NO DLC server... I'd be interested to know how it's performing if possible.
There's also a Flat Out 24 slot server that seems to be permanent :)
Both of them run fine on my machine. Search for PCH or Easy. or PCH Easy if you'd like to type more letters on your keyboard :D

Let me know which one works well and I'll go in there and hopefully have a drive with some of you soon :)

Also at some point in the future depending on stats... I might sort out another machine and do a few custom layout servers, involving Diablo's, Testarossa's, NSX's and some patrol cars :)

Just took a oneway trip (to little time today :)) it seem to work fine avg 80 fps. the distant hills do look a bit oversaturated though else I think it works ok! :)
Cool Steffen, glad it's working fine, which layout/server etc was that? The terrain colour map and mask need a serious sorting out... Will do that after or at the same time I split the terrain mesh into rock faces etc. Also got to combine that with planning which faces are getting the grass and bushes to hopefully blend the rockfaces in, quite a bit for my limited brain :D
Thanks for the feedback :) How is OBS working if you're using that now?

BTW: If anyone following this thread sees me hosting a test server at anytime the password will be "pch" and i'll be testing the PCH - Free Roam layout from the AI Traffic mod.

Cool Steffen, glad it's working fine, which layout/server etc was that? The terrain colour map and mask need a serious sorting out... Will do that after or at the same time I split the terrain mesh into rock faces etc. Also got to combine that with planning which faces are getting the grass and bushes to hopefully blend the rockfaces in, quite a bit for my limited brain :D
Thanks for the feedback :) How is OBS working if you're using that now?

BTW: If anyone following this thread sees me hosting a test server at anytime the password will be "pch" and i'll be testing the PCH - Free Roam layout from the AI Traffic mod.

Easy 24/7 Pacific Coast Highway No DLC Steam Group Easy247:)

Agree, especially the tarmac, the road camber and the flow of the road is super good, I just put on some music and drive around, especially fun if you try to drive fast but stay in the right lane. Just add animated sea waves and seagulls :D

Forgot to mention that you are doing one hec of a job - looks and feel good! :)
Thanks mate, that's great to hear... Plenty more that needs doing... Hopefully it'll be more fun than getting the road signed off :)
So you didn't seem to lose too many fps with the 50 slot server?
Seemed to run sweetly to me :)
Serious fun in there when there's a few Supercars & Hypercars in... Following a couple of people getting a few drifts going looks awesome.
It's also great that if you do a complete run online it records the replay.
(in your documents/Assetto Corsa/replays/temp folder)
There's also what seems to be a permanent 24 slot Northbound server.
Which is probably a good number for anyone who has trouble with the 118 or 50 slot servers :)

Agree, especially the tarmac, the road camber and the flow of the road is super good, I just put on some music and drive around, especially fun if you try to drive fast but stay in the right lane. Just add animated sea waves and seagulls :D
Cheers mate, and thanks for the review :)
Great that you're driving with music playing... That's the way it should be done :)
If Kunos make it so we can add custom sounds to tracks again... They could both be become possibilities ;)

Forget all about that - I seem to have forget to disable Post Processing GBW. doing that and all looked fine! :roflmao::rolleyes:
Glad you sorted it mate, I will still need to have a good look at the textures... as and when my Photoshop skills increase. But the main thing is the core of the track is pretty much there :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.