Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Generally the Adopt thing is by the mile, so there's plenty of room for a couple dozen donors. :)

Anyway... I'd say all of the hard work has been absolutely, 100% totally worth it. The terrain looks so much better, the road drives so much better, it really is a new track. I haven't taken too many cars down it yet, mostly just working on the NSXs this week, but that's a sublime combo so I don't feel like I'm missing anything. :cool:

Tried the 250 gto but never did a full "lap". It's hell of a fun to drive (drift) around there. Especially because it's a bit wider and smoother than the other available, long "street" tracks available :)
That's really great to know mate :) That's exactly why I made it the way I have... A more chilled, smooth experience. I'm glad you picked up on that. It means you're appreciating it as I intended. Nice one indeed :) :thumbsup:

@Phoenix77 , Great track for cruising:)
If your planning your next project:whistling: I'd suggest the Transalpina DN67C in Romania a stunning road it runs parallel with the Transfagarasan DNC7. I drove both on road trip last weekend it was a blast :cool:

Should keep you occupied for a while. ;)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transalpina_(DN67C)

Thanks a lot Paul, I already have two other Big projects that will get my full attention after Pacific Coast. L.A Canyons and the Bixby Bridge section of PCH :)
As well as a Japanese volcano track, and somewhere in Arizona / Utah.

That is indeed a stunning road... Maybe I'll do it when I get quicker at 3DS Max and track building in general.

You're very lucky to have experienced that IRL.. Must have been epic!

That's really great to know mate :) That's exactly why I made it the way I have... A more chilled, smooth experience. I'm glad you picked up on that. It means you're appreciating it as I intended. Nice one indeed :) :thumbsup:
BTW how many pits does it have? Would you be able to make another, "short" layout?
Sounds stupid I know but I would like to host a special event on your track when it's done and you consider it "ready to release". So better give you the input for that at an early stage :)
I think it may "only" generate around 15-25 signups and the full thing would be too gigantic. But I would love to do this!

I'm just brainstorming here, feel free to ignore it haha

I'm thinking about like starting at the mansion, going down, then one path blocked with a simple, concrete sign and then halfway to one side and back to the mansion.
Not as a race, just for a trackday but a bit more cosy :)
Maybe there is a spot where you could do a thing for the u-turn mid way?

I hope that sounds good for you in some way :p

BTW how many pits does it have? Would you be able to make another, "short" layout?
Sounds stupid I know but I would like to host a special event on your track when it's done and you consider it "ready to release". So better give you the input for that at an early stage :)
I think it may "only" generate around 15-25 signups and the full thing would be too gigantic. But I would love to do this!

I'm just brainstorming here, feel free to ignore it haha

I'm thinking about like starting at the mansion, going down, then one path blocked with a simple, concrete sign and then halfway to one side and back to the mansion.
Not as a race, just for a trackday but a bit more cosy :)
Maybe there is a spot where you could do a thing for the u-turn mid way?

I hope that sounds good for you in some way :p

Hey, I'm open to all ideas Rasmus :) Depending on how difficult it would be to implement things. Layouts are pretty easy to do though :)

Current layout Pit numbers.
Mansion Free Roam - 118
North - 50
South - 26
AI Traffic Loop North - 33

I am going to do a 4 layouts starting at the mansion.
Mansion Downhill, Mansion Uphill...
Mansion - North gas station... and
Mansion - South gas station... With road closed barriers blocking the road in the other directions.. If this is close to what you mean ?

Yeah that sound good that you'd like to do a special event... Maybe for now try a special event on the mansion free roam.

Sounds like we understand each other :D

I will wait until 1.0 or something to host an event, I'm quite new as staff and we just reintroduced the usage of mods in general so only perfectly polished mods for now.

But hell yeah if this thing goes into finals it will be the event of the year :cool:

Actually... I didn't quite understand you mate... I thought you meant a personal event... Not actually a Race Department event. If I understood that right.

Yeah it needs quite a bit more tweaking, about twice the amount of trees that it has currently... Then around 50,000 bush objects and a scattering of boulders, rocks and grass.. The mansion is only basic at the moment as I need to add a high detail layer that only renders at 100m or so.. So there's plenty more to go in.

Pacific Coast is a little rough around the edges at the moment...
Hence 0.95 is a bit of an early release, But due to the new road... had to be done :)

I'm really glad you're enjoying and appreciating this as I intended.. Super cool :cool:

Ah, yeah seems like we misunderstood each other. If I would have 20 "friends" to join I would do a private event in its current stage any time! :geek:

I'm a lonely simracer in real life so I would have to host an event here at RD :unsure:
My staff badge must be good for something at last :p

Wasn't meant negative about its current state though! I know you will polish the sh** out of this from seeing how much you care for your work! :):thumbsup:

When it comes to the "official RD special event" I would of course ask you for your permission to do so, like a gentleman :)

PS: can't wait for the bushes!

Generally the Adopt thing is by the mile, so there's plenty of room for a couple dozen donors. :)

Anyway... I'd say all of the hard work has been absolutely, 100% totally worth it. The terrain looks so much better, the road drives so much better, it really is a new track. I haven't taken too many cars down it yet, mostly just working on the NSXs this week, but that's a sublime combo so I don't feel like I'm missing anything. :cool:
Nice one Jason :) Yeah it is pretty much a total rebuild... That's what was so time consuming... Tidying up things where I initially did them a bit... wonky :D
Ohhh the NSX along here... I'm really looking forward to that...
And your physics work really shines along here now... Awesome work mate...
I'm also looking forward to any future Viper GTS down here... I've loved that car since Gran Turismo... So that will be epic for sure!!!! :)

Pardon me butting in here, Rasmus this would be great for a point to point event a la targa/mille using the older cars in the game.
Phoenix 77 it's already great to drive and looking forward to it evolving further.

Ah, yeah seems like we misunderstood each other. If I would have 20 "friends" to join I would do a private event in its current stage any time! :geek:

I'm a lonely simracer in real life so I would have to host an event here at RD :unsure:
My staff badge must be good for something at last :p

Wasn't meant negative about its current state though! I know you will polish the sh** out of this from seeing how much you care for your work! :):thumbsup:

When it comes to the "official RD special event" I would of course ask you for your permission to do so, like a gentleman :)

PS: can't wait for the bushes!

Yeah that's cool, no worries, I know it isn't finished yet mate... Even when it's a 1.0 it won't be finished as such.. I'll learn some more 3D things and probably come back to it and add more to it later on. But I'm never moving the road again :D

As a bit of a newb track maker, that would be an honour being hosted on any form of event on Race Department.. It's kind of because of Race Department that I got into this in the first place... So I'm sure any permission won't be an issue. :)

Not sure if you saw my test for the bushes but they will add the same again, in the form of emmersion, the same again for some 3D grass, telegraph poles. etc.
Again, really glad you enjoying the roads new flow... It was a ton of work...
But totally glad I made the decision to do so.

Pardon me butting in here, Rasmus this would be great for a point to point event a la targa/mille using the older cars in the game.
Phoenix 77 it's already great to drive and looking forward to it evolving further.
That's cool Kenny... Glad you're finding it great to drive...
Now the big thing (the road) is done all the rest should start falling into place.
I think most cars seem to like it along this road. It's taking me a while to get flat out fast like I was with the previous version. I wasn't really that keen on going north before... I am now.. Coming downhill into Salmon Creek is a hair raising experience now. Also taking the Salmon Creek Chicane at 120mph+ is pretty tense :)
An Ideal place for a static camera.

( I will have to do a corner description thing, so people can learn the names)
I was wondering if asking the community to name some of corners... for the description...
Not sure if anyone think that's an idea or not.

It's certainly possible to stop working on a project like this, but as with a RL project car, it's never really "finished." ;)
Yeah mate, it's always a question of time as well... But where this is for my Bro I'll always want to improve it :)
I hope whenever your testing your cars the mansion downhill section will give the physics a work out :) Now where's that Viper? only joking ;)

EDIT: Actually I still need to give the mansion road it's HR FFB.. so probably not as useful for testing physics atm

I have a G29 pretty much the same as G27, which I think you have don't you?... and I don't get any vibration.... What settings in advanced do you have out of interest? any chance of a screenshot?
Which Layout / Layouts are worse? The mansion free roam shouldn't have any vibration as it's nearer the models origin 0,0,0 point.
It's almost certainly because of the twa**ing 16km x 16km physics limit. I don't think it probably matters what car.

I'd recommend driving as soon as possible, or start from the mansion.
Any vibration goes after a km or so.

northbound, the vibration is visually only I guess, it's probably due to the big size of the track, it's not something you can fix though (well, could've avoided if decided to do a small track :) )
it was just a comment though. the flow is really good now

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea