Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
northbound, the vibration is visually only I guess, it's probably due to the big size of the track, it's not something you can fix though (well, could've avoided if decided to do a small track :) )
it was just a comment though. the flow is really good now

Ah right mate, that's not so bad then...
All I can suggest is get driving quick... It soon disappears..
It's almost certainly due to the size being slightly outside the 16x16 limit.
That's what happens if you let a newb track maker loose on 23km of California Coast. It's really Mr Kunos's fault... Bad Mr Kunos :D
And with the Bixby Bridge section of PCH that's drafted up...
I've allowed for the 16x16 physics limit.

lol If only I decided to do a small track, It would have been a much easier project!
Really glad you're liking the flow now, it's night and day. And the good thing is... It's pretty damn accurate to the real road... It's also way more drivable, as from the side the slight banking shows you more of the corner.
I really didn't do the real road justice in the previous versions...

There will be 4 extra layouts coming soon, that start at the mansion...
(So should avoid that visual shaking as 3 or 4km nearer the origin)

Mansion - North
Mansion - South
Mansion - Downhill
Mansion - Uphill

I'm currently just testing out the South Traffic Loop layout....
(with the glorious NSX)...
Which I will update the "additional layout upload thing" on Friday hopefully.

The South Loop has much better corners...
The North Loop is only a "small" test... at 20km :D
The Full Loop will obviously be a 46km round trip.

I hope you totally abuse the new corners in your Trueno ;)
They're totally asking for it now lol

Screenshot_acura_nsx_s1_pacific_coast_4-10-117-9-12-53.jpg

The NSX is really well suited for this road, superb balance :)

Here's a nice video of Mike (SingleRacer604) using my track (North Loop) in the totally correct way...
There are no videos yet of the South Loop...

And here's a video of why you should never adjust your setup... while stationary on a public highway! :D
Looks like eXa1979 got a little carried away and missed the loop around point lol :thumbsup:
The new version (0.75) has road closed barriers... So this might help any confusion where the AI loop is :) Watch out for the ocean at either end of the track lol

Last edited:
Here's a few more video's,
this first one shows an example of some dangerous hooning along the coast with traffic lol
A few nice races on PCH - Northbound... It seems like having the aggression high helps the AI go more wheel to wheel along what is effectively a rather narrow road for the AI
If you make any videos using my track... Feel free to post them here... Saves me doing it :D
Also if you have Youtube, feel free to give the various video creators a like and a sub :)

Love that little Merc. Not sure I would drive it like that in real life - good driving though! :D
It wouldn't have thought it, but looks pretty driftable and fun... and yeah some nice driving from Toma :) Well... up until the obvious outcome :D
It's great to have a sim to do this in :) always keep driving like this to Assetto :thumbsup:
Hope you're still having loads of fun along the coast Steffen :)

Hi, the timing of a hotlap stops after I get down to the main road. I would like the timer to start when I reach the main road. Or am i missing something?

Hi, the timing of a hotlap stops after I get down to the main road. I would like the timer to start when I reach the main road. Or am i missing something?
If that's on the Mansion Free Roam layout... That's because I can't put in 2 finish lines... one North, one South... and I don't know which way you'll be driving Ohi...

I will, in time be adding 4 "Mansion" layouts...

Mansion Downhill - Starting at the mansion, finishing at the main highway
Mansion Uphill - Starting at the bottom of the mansion road.. Finishing at the mansion
Mansion North - Starting at the mansion, finishing at the Northern gas station. (heading to Monterey)
Mansion South - Starting at the mansion, finishing at the Southern gas station. (heading to Los Angeles)

These layouts should also ease any physics shaking issues, due to the large size of this track...
As the mansion is much nearer to the tracks 0,0,0 origin.

Also in the pipeline is an additional AI Traffic - Full Loop. (45 AI - 46km loop)

The timing points are only there because the track needs them to function.
If you fancy a timed run... For now use the Southbound or Northbound layouts :)

AI Recording

If anyone wants a rather large AI recording job... I could reasonably quickly sort out the layout files...
It's only me making this track... So with just me doing everything, and my normal life commitments... This will take some time.
If anyone's up for it... PM me. If not, they will come in due course :)

Last edited:
Mansion Freeroam Server for 118 drivers is now LIVE

Search for "Easy 24/7 Pacific Coast Highway" in your server browser.
The server will be online 24/7 with the car roster changing occasionally
Easy has stated that they're trying to use as few DLC cars as possible so most people can join.

Also consider joining their steam group... as they're being really brave attempting an 118 slot server. Could be really really interesting to see how it all goes :)

Hopefully one day soon, when I get some free time, I'll see you all in there...
And that will be seriously cool.

Always drive on the right and in a safe manner, only overtaking where it's safe to do so ;)
I would say always stick to the speed limits... But I know you won't :D

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/Easy247
49d3636b3dd1841f222523a40181bd13935d5fef_full.jpg

A massive thanks to @Easy247 for hosting, Top man!

Have fun everyone!

Last edited:
Hi, I just tried the server and on my relatively potato PC (i5-2400 and GTX 1060 6G) even without any cars my frame rate gets a big hit, not sure if it is because of the 118 pits? I see 30something frames per second. But it may be my old CPU.

Hi, I just tried the server and on my relatively potato PC (i5-2400 and GTX 1060 6G) even without any cars my frame rate gets a big hit, not sure if it is because of the 118 pits? I see 30something frames per second. But it may be my old CPU.
Hi mate, although your processor is from around 2011 (if I got that right?) It is a quad core... So I wouldn't have thought you'd have a problem, you have the same graphics card as me, so I don't think that should be a problem either. 118 pits is ambitious but if there are no cars in, I wouldn't have that should cause a slow down. But maybe it needs to allocate Ram even if the cars are in or not...

How much ram have you got?
Have you tried the Mansion Free Roam offline practice without any issues?
How many AI can you comfortably run against on the North or South layouts?
Has it come up the CPU 99% thing? If not, it's possibly not a performance thing
Do you have a stable / reasonably fast internet connection?

I'm just guessing of course. as I'm a total server newb :D

The best advice I could give you is join Easy's steam group, and ask him...
He know's MUCH more about servers than I do, and is a really friendly guy :)

This will all be really useful feedback which hopefully I can do something about in the next update.

EDIT: And I have to admit, I put in 118 pit boxes just so it was possible to go up to that number... I didn't really think anyone would actually be brave enough to try it :D

Last edited:
Here is a video of a cruise in the Ferrarri 250 GTO, at your track southbound.
I prefer this way of driving at this type of track imaging how it must be to enjoy this incredible car and the beautiful surroundings at a decent speed. :D

Perhaps I will do a quick lap another day - who knows! :rolleyes::roflmao:

Hi mate, although your processor is from around 2011 (if I got that right?) It is a quad core... So I wouldn't have thought you'd have a problem, you have the same graphics card as me, so I don't think that should be a problem either. 118 pits is ambitious but if there are no cars in, I wouldn't have that should cause a slow down. But maybe it needs to allocate Ram even if the cars are in or not...

How much ram have you got?
Have you tried the Mansion Free Roam offline practice without any issues?
How many AI can you comfortably run against on the North or South layouts?
Has it come up the CPU 99% thing? If not, it's possibly not a performance thing
Do you have a stable / reasonably fast internet connection?

I'm just guessing of course. as I'm a total server newb :D

The best advice I could give you is join Easy's steam group, and ask him...
He know's MUCH more about servers than I do, and is a really friendly guy :)

This will all be really useful feedback which hopefully I can do something about in the next update.

EDIT: And I have to admit, I put in 118 pit boxes just so it was possible to go up to that number... I didn't really think anyone would actually be brave enough to try it :D
No problem on the free roam offline practice, all fluid. I race against 24 AI on North or South layouts. I have 12 GB of RAM. No "CPU 99%" message. May really be a RAM issue because when loading the 118 pit track in multiplayer it makes me wait until it uploaded all 118 cars.

Here is a video of a cruise in the Ferrarri 250 GTO, at your track southbound.
I prefer this way of driving at this type of track imaging how it must be to enjoy this incredible car and the beautiful surroundings at a decent speed. :D

Perhaps I will do a quick lap another day - who knows! :rolleyes::roflmao:
Superb cruising Steffen, after all... you wouldn't want to damage that priceless Ferrari. I noticed the performance at 30FPS, the main thing is it's rock solid... But do you get higher FPS on Kunos tracks?
And if you don't mind me asking what CPU, Ram and Graphics Card do you run?
This is all great information for me to have so thanks a lot mate :)

EDIT: I meant to say the sound of that V12 is a nice thing to hear on a Sunday cruise... You did better than me keeping it to a cruising speed. And I hope you had this playing while driving lol :D
If only this section of PCH had a tunnel... I'd put some bulldozers in :roflmao:

Last edited:
No problem on the free roam offline practice, all fluid. I race against 24 AI on North or South layouts. I have 12 GB of RAM. No "CPU 99%" message. May really be a RAM issue because when loading the 118 pit track in multiplayer it makes me wait until it uploaded all 118 cars.
It sounds like it's because the game has to load all the cars whether or not anyones in there... So maybe technically if people can get into the server and drive smoothly... It won't matter if there's 1 person in there or 100?
If anyone knows more about this and cares to let us know... and more importantly... in a way my limited brain can understand? :D

I would have thought 12GB ram should be enough. I'm guessing though.

And running against 24AI North or South... means you're computer's doing alright...
No offence meant here, have you done an internet speed test... and would it matter where Easy247's server is (UK)... as in where in the world? Just a thought, where are you from?

Thanks! :)
When recording I use Fraps and to get it solid here at your track, I lock it at 30 fps. I get around 55 - 70 fps with Fraps active and all settings at max. I guess I could have it locked at 50 fps and be doing fine. :)

In single screen mode 1920x1080/60:
At Nordschleife I get app. 110 - 130 fps (No Fraps activated). Your track gives me 90 - 120 (No Fraps activated).

My specs are as follows:
PC Spec:
Windows 10 | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 GEN3 Z68| Intel Core i7-2600k 4.5 GHz OC|Corsair Hydro H100i Extreme | Kingston HyperX 24 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3| MSI NVIDIA GTX Titan X 12GB| ASUS Xonar Essence ST| Sennheiser HD650| Fanatec CSW 1.5 + Formula Rim + Porsche 918 RSR Rim +Universal Hub with G25 Rim modified (looks almost like the Lotus 98T wheel) + CSP V2|Shifter: ClubSport SQ V1.5 EU|Asus MX279 1920x1080 + 2 x LG 27EB22 1920x1080|PSU: Corsair TX850|Thermaltake Level 10 GT| Logitech G13 Gamepad|

Hopes this helps a little! :)

Thanks! :)
When recording I use Fraps and to get it solid here at your track, I lock it at 30 fps. I get around 55 - 70 fps with Fraps active and all settings at max. I guess I could have it locked at 50 fps and be doing fine. :)

In single screen mode 1920x1080/60:
At Nordschleife I get app. 110 - 130 fps (No Fraps activated). Your track gives me 90 - 120 (No Fraps activated).

My specs are as follows:
PC Spec:
Windows 10 | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 GEN3 Z68| Intel Core i7-2600k 4.5 GHz OC|Corsair Hydro H100i Extreme | Kingston HyperX 24 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3| MSI NVIDIA GTX Titan X 12GB| ASUS Xonar Essence ST| Sennheiser HD650| Fanatec CSW 1.5 + Formula Rim + Porsche 918 RSR Rim +Universal Hub with G25 Rim modified (looks almost like the Lotus 98T wheel) + CSP V2|Shifter: ClubSport SQ V1.5 EU|Asus MX279 1920x1080 + 2 x LG 27EB22 1920x1080|PSU: Corsair TX850|Thermaltake Level 10 GT| Logitech G13 Gamepad|

Hopes this helps a little! :)
Now that's good to know... really useful to see your specs... Thanks Steffen :)
You should really check out Open Broadcaster Software it's totally free, open source and runs much less resource hungry than fraps... It might take a bit of setting up... If you make sure you set the bit rate around or above 12000... It should capture really sweet. Youtube some OBS Setup guides and borrow someones settings that knows far more than I do.

I do have some more optimising to do, which I'll do as I add all the other details... At the moment it's about 1/3 of the detail level I'm picturing (excluding 3D grass). The bushes in particular will be pretty Vast if I can get it right... Probably 1 layer on KSLAYER4 and another on KSLAYER5 with the 3D grass. But got to think how to get it organised with the rock face sections.

Also the persistence file I used in the Kseditor was one (a previous version) that didn't have the "LOD in" setup... The signs are also not that optimised... because I'll be changing them all when I do a sign "Billboard" texture. 0.95 is just to get the new flowing road out there :)

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Forum trophies