Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
random idea that just crossed my mind, for the layouts where you spawn at the mansion, how about having a garage there as the spawn point for car0 with reverb so you can rev the engine in neutral before heading out onto the road?
I was actually considering making an underground garage, with a spiral ramp... But with all the other things I had to sort (some of which I still need to do) I put that idea on the back burner. Who knows I might do it later...
But personally I prefer starting at the steps (which will need sorting properly) then it's like you're walking out the front door, heading out for a cruise... or popping out to get some gas / petrol from the gas station. or going to a cars & coffee meet.
I was... for a crazy moment... Thinking of doing some hideaway... Like a Bat Cave somewhere along the road... who knows... maybe I did ;) lol

I was actually considering making an underground garage, with a spiral ramp... But with all the other things I had to sort (some of which I still need to do) I put that idea on the back burner. Who knows I might do it later...
But personally I prefer starting at the steps (which will need sorting properly) then it's like you're walking out the front door, heading out for a cruise... or popping out to get some gas / petrol from the gas station. or going to a cars & coffee meet.
I was... for a crazy moment... Thinking of doing some hideaway... Like a Bat Cave somewhere along the road... who knows... maybe I did ;) lol

Now that you've mentioned it you have to do the Bat Cave, or maybe even a few of them hidden thoughtout the map - but don't tell anyone where they are so we'll have to find them ourselves. Maybe even throw in a few fake caves that look like they could be a hideaway but aren't. They would be great fun for police chases.

so yes it is the centerlines, here is one area i noticed it
Screenshot_ks_lotus_3_eleven_pacific_coast_26-9-117-17-6-34.jpg

although after i realised it was indeed the centerlines, i tried on the following corners to get the outside wheel to go over it while turning and it can create quite string FFB on a lot of the corners. i would guess they are perhaps a little too raised in general, pure guess though

as for the visuals here is my test.

stock weather, default pp filter with autoexposure disabled (so that we can compare yours vs kunos track and not have autoexposure confuse the situation with the shaders/textures. yes it is underexposed but it doesnt really matter, its a stable reference to compare with.)

8:00
oculus:
Screenshot_ks_lotus_3_eleven_pacific_coast_26-9-117-17-3-26.jpg

single screen:
Screenshot_ks_lotus_3_eleven_pacific_coast_26-9-117-17-11-23.jpg

so i dont think oculus is relevant.

now a kunos track at 8:00
Screenshot_ks_lotus_3_eleven_ks_brands_hatch_26-9-117-17-18-1.jpg

12:00
Screenshot_ks_lotus_3_eleven_pacific_coast_26-9-117-17-16-9.jpg

vs kunos
Screenshot_ks_lotus_3_eleven_ks_brands_hatch_26-9-117-17-17-7.jpg

obviously different types of trees, and sun position will not be exactly the same using the time of day slider, but it is pretty clear there are significant differences somewhere. not just the trees, the terrain in general i think (road is probably fine)

what do you think?

edit:
and for comparison, my weather/filter where i have set it up so that clear at midday gives a slightly bleached blinding effect
Screenshot_ks_lotus_3_eleven_ks_brands_hatch_26-9-117-17-23-46.jpg

Screenshot_ks_lotus_3_eleven_pacific_coast_26-9-117-17-24-26.jpg

PCH just doesnt really get lit up in the same way as other tracks respond to ambient or sunlight

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_lotus_3_eleven_ks_brands_hatch_26-9-117-17-17-7.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_lotus_3_eleven_ks_brands_hatch_26-9-117-17-17-7.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 112
so yes it is the centerlines, here is one area i noticed it
View attachment 213682

although after i realised it was indeed the centerlines, i tried on the following corners to get the outside wheel to go over it while turning and it can create quite string FFB on a lot of the corners. i would guess they are perhaps a little too raised in general, pure guess though

as for the visuals here is my test.

stock weather, default pp filter with autoexposure disabled (so that we can compare yours vs kunos track and not have autoexposure confuse the situation with the shaders/textures. yes it is underexposed but it doesnt really matter, its a stable reference to compare with.)

8:00
oculus:
View attachment 213683
single screen:
View attachment 213684
so i dont think oculus is relevant.

now a kunos track at 8:00
View attachment 213686

12:00
View attachment 213687

vs kunos
View attachment 213688

obviously different types of trees, and sun position will not be exactly the same using the time of day slider, but it is pretty clear there are significant differences somewhere. not just the trees, the terrain in general i think (road is probably fine)

what do you think?

edit:
and for comparison, my weather/filter where i have set it up so that clear at midday gives a slightly bleached blinding effect
View attachment 213689
View attachment 213690

PCH just doesnt really get lit up in the same way as other tracks respond to ambient or sunlight
I appreciate you taking the time with the comparisons.
Yeah that is pretty clear mate.. Setting those shaders up to work well with each other is a skill in itself...
I think I may have to balance the brightness / contrast in my textures... And I'm not getting the most out of my terrain textures / mask... so I'll need to play about with them. I'll need to do that at the same time I put the bushes and grass. My terrain mask in particular needs more white to allow more of the satellite image through... near to the track it should then use more of the detail textures.

It will also be useful sorting the mask out as I can use the ARGB values to scatter objects on the terrain :)

It's a shame I don't have your eye for graphics... That makes your support in this thread pretty cool.
Thanks mate :)

Last edited:
Is it possible to use your old cam files for a camera 8 and the current cams for camera 7?
I wouldn't have thought so mate... the IN / OUT values won't match up... They more than likely won't be in sync.

BTW Those new cams, aren't new... They are the dTV set created by Dodz27... All I did was move their positions up so they weren't under the terrain and maybe moved one or two where they were in the trees :D
Overall they're the same... where Dodz kept them close in they worked much better than my camera set.
With a nice bit of FOV zoom.
Hopefully soon there will be additional cameras, I think cameras are important... But the amount of work it's taken to get the road to where it is now... Cameras just haven't been a priority.
As more and more important things are finished they will take priority. For example, there's no point me spending an hour or 2 making cameras... only for a future telegraph pole or bush to mean re-doing them.
Most things have to be done in an order.

Now that you've mentioned it you have to do the Bat Cave, or maybe even a few of them hidden thoughtout the map - but don't tell anyone where they are so we'll have to find them ourselves. Maybe even throw in a few fake caves that look like they could be a hideaway but aren't. They would be great fun for police chases.
lol I think I'll probably skip on the bat cave idea for now... possibly when the important stuff is 100% finished.
There is still quite a lot to add.. Bushes, grass probably another layer or 2 of trees put on a higher KSLAYER... rocks, boulders, telegraph poles.... and more things that will become clear later :)
Plenty of work to do yet. But I'm really pleased that the road isn't moving again.
As I've said in other replies... try taking a C7R Northbound in around 8:18... You'll forget about where the nearest bat cave is lol

And plus... making caves would take time away from me making this ;)
VCW_D_Bigsur_T3_Hero_Central%20Coast_Hero_BixbyBridgeBIg%20Sur_VCL_CC_BigSur_BixbyBridge_.jpgFarnum%20copy-1280x642.jpg

Chris Kennedy notice how dark it is :p :roflmao:

lol I think I'll probably skip on the bat cave idea for now... possibly when the important stuff is 100% finished.
There is still quite a lot to add.. Bushes, grass probably another layer or 2 of trees put on a higher KSLAYER... rocks, boulders, telegraph poles.... and more things that will become clear later :)
Plenty of work to do yet. But I'm really pleased that the road isn't moving again.
As I've said in other replies... try taking a C7R Northbound in around 8:18... You'll forget about where the nearest bat cave is lol

And plus... making caves would take time away from me making this ;)
VCW_D_Bigsur_T3_Hero_Central%20Coast_Hero_BixbyBridgeBIg%20Sur_VCL_CC_BigSur_BixbyBridge_.jpgFarnum%20copy-1280x642.jpg

Chris Kennedy notice how dark it is :p :roflmao:

That looks amazing and it would be the perfect place to put the cave, beneath the bridge :p:D

It's probably one of, if not the most iconic section of the Pacific Coast Highway in my opinion. I'm starting to wish I never mentioned about the bat cave :D
Maybe i'll put a bat cave somewhere in L.A Canyons... Somewhere in the 100²km of terrain...

I remember when you started this project you seemed unsure if you might be in over your head because this was your first track and it's long. Now I come in and see you talking about billion pixel satellite maps, AI traffic, creating tunnels... :laugh: That's so awesome man.

Are you familiar with the Adopt-A-Highway signs that are frequently seen on US highways/State Roads, like a PCH? An organization or could even been a person(s) sponsors a certain section of road with the promise to keep that area clean. The program started when some dude saw littler flying out of the back of a pickup truck. It costs the city so much to send out a clean up crew, so him and some buddies decided to do it.

Anyway, I think it might be cool if you add one of these with your brother's name, or maybe you can make a plaque and name the bridge after your brother. Just an idea that all of a sudden popped in my head. Things are really looking great!

n7kxUGC.jpg

I remember when you started this project you seemed unsure if you might be in over your head because this was your first track and it's long. Now I come in and see you talking about billion pixel satellite maps, AI traffic, creating tunnels... :laugh: That's so awesome man.

Are you familiar with the Adopt-A-Highway signs that are frequently seen on US highways/State Roads, like a PCH? An organization or could even been a person(s) sponsors a certain section of road with the promise to keep that area clean. The program started when some dude saw littler flying out of the back of a pickup truck. It costs the city so much to send out a clean up crew, so him and some buddies decided to do it.

Anyway, I think it might be cool if you add one of these with your brother's name, or maybe you can make a plaque and name the bridge after your brother. Just an idea that all of a sudden popped in my head. Things are really looking great!

n7kxUGC.jpg
Thanks mate, that's a really nice idea... I'm not sure if I'll do that though as the mansion, to be named Elysium... Is more my dedication to my Bro... (along with the actual road)
My Bro was really into his films so I'm aiming to get the mansion to look like a Roman villa, As in the Gladiator film... As he was a Gladiator with what he was up against. Elysium is also where favoured hero's went... And he was a hero too.
siena_hinterland.jpg

Putting up Adopt a Highway signs with names of donors could be cool. Little bonus for donations of $5+ or something like that?
That's an idea mate, I'd much rather people have fun along here than donations though. Thanks for the idea mate :)
How are you finding your cars along here? Hope the road is worthy enough now :)

Tried the 250 gto but never did a full "lap". It's hell of a fun to drive (drift) around there. Especially because it's a bit wider and smoother than the other available, long "street" tracks available :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back