Pacific Coast

Tracks Pacific Coast 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
18:33 in Germany, you've got 5 1/2 hours left :p
Sh** I was going to go by whatever the time was in California :D

Oh I see your PC thinks he is funny.. Tell him to stop joking around or you will remove him a GPU, or some memory, see if he is so funny after that :D
Trust me I've threatened it plenty of times... And pointed at the window!
It's not only my computer, various other things know when you've put a deadline...
Also tweaking AI lines is a pain in the... time consuming on this track as the AI lines are pretty big. Tracking down a few floating trees etc...
On the plus side I have got the 118 pit box Mansion Free Roam layout done...
I can't tell yet if 118 people can join it... No cams no AI...
Also having to do various little bits, things like these... double check what I can...
track_selection_1.jpg

Right enough typing. :D

I love deadlines.
Actually it's the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
Nice one :roflmao:
That's just the laugh I need when having to adjust quite a few of my trees shadow planes normals...
Normals are clever what they can do to a mesh... But as I'm still learning 3DS... selecting vertex normals is a PITA!
Thankfully, there's a ignore back faces checkbox or this would take forever :)
There's probably a much easier way to select them... But it would take me ages to find out.

Added another 5,000 - 10,000 trees a bit more precisely than the big clumps that are in the screenshots I've shown before... All the trees are now done... although he alpha channels will need a trim in an update in a week or two.

Edit: after trying a few things the roadside trees don't seem to want to cast shadows at midday... something to do with the normals I think, they need to be in there though...
I'll have to redo them another time.Don't race at midday for now

Last edited:
I am waiting patiently, but instead of need for speed I am starting to feel need for sleep - it is monday here already, 1AM to be precise :coffee::sleep::D
No worries mate.. had to double check some files... good job I did I almost missed the barriers :D
I'm just rar'ing it up now, and typing stuff out :thumbsup:

I feel the need, the need for.... ZZZzzzzzzzz lol

It's taking a while even though it's actually 90mb less than the previous version... despite all those trees... etc. Nice to know that Race Department have raised there upload limit to 488mb :)

Phoenix77 updated Pacific Coast with a new update entry:

Pretty much a Total Rebuild

A total rebuild... and as such there will be things I've missed out or need to sort / tweak... This is a little early to uploading this...
But it's about time everyone tried the new road layout...
It's been lined up to a high res (1 billion pixel) satellite image...
So be aware some corners might catch you out now...
View attachment 213400
I've added a mansion free roam layout with 118 pit boxes...
This is only to be used for practice or online...
There are no AI and no track...

Read the rest of this update entry...

A total blast to drive! :)
Thanks for uploading this pre 1.0!

I found a little bug with the water/tree shaders or something like that. The water reflections are influenced beneath the trees. Kind of strange :cautious::inlove:
upload_2017-9-25_8-37-18.png

A total blast to drive! :)
Thanks for uploading this pre 1.0!

I found a little bug with the water/tree shaders or something like that. The water reflections are influenced beneath the trees. Kind of strange :cautious::inlove:
View attachment 213412
Thanks mate :)
It is kind of a little bit early... But then the road flow is so much better it had to be done. It might take a while to adjust to how much faster the corners can be taken... mainly because the corner radii are more natural than before, there were too many multiple apex corners previously.. I wasn't doing the road justice.

Cheers for spotting that, there are quite a few bugs... That one is the ocean plane material... A fresnel setting I think... The oceans up for being.... enhanced... probably with multiple planes a colour gradient under a semi transparent, reflective top plane.
But it's a little down the priority list, as a temporary fix...
stop driving through the trees Rasmus :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back