Modding Programs / Modding Questions

Vlodeck:
I have sent you a reply.
Also comes here:

You can follow these guidelines as its quite easy if you already have made a helmet as .tga format
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/car-texture-edition-tutorial.36740/
You need to save as .tga, in 4096 and 2048 (2 HD files) and then download Ryders tools for extraction and import.
http://petar.outer-heaven.net/downloads/
Download a HD template of a helmet as other has used.
Ask a guy of permission to use his template (or use one of mine - its ok)
Insert your helmet into this template, or create your own 4096 HD file. Save your helmet as 4096, resize it to 2048 afterwards, and save that as well. So that you have 2 helmet files in each file size/quality.

Download Ryders PSSG editor. Open the games helmet files, and save your helmet in these places. Take a backup first.
Example Button:
His helmet is saved in
\f12011\characters\models\higtxt_jenson_button.pssg (4096)
\f12011\characters\models\medtxt_jenson_button.pssg (2048)
and
\f12011\cars\mc1\livery_01\textures_high\mc1_tex_high_01.pssg
\f12011\cars\mc1\livery_01\textures_low\mc1_tex_low_01.pssg
again here, one in 4096 and one in low 2048.

and I think "bespokehelmets" are free of choice, I saved mine here as number GEN_3....

\f12011\characters\bespokehelmets\gen_3_tex_high.pssg (4096)
\f12011\characters\bespokehelmets\gen_3_tex_low.pssg (2048)

Cheers Peter

hi all,

One of you can tell me how do for make equal AI for race, i changed database, drivers skills, and in team the motors powerfull, all are 240, and the tier value. But i dont see change. All time vettel, button, alonso and webber take the 4 fist place.

And wich database i must change for AI, the database in f1 2011 folder or the database in database folder?

thanks.

Hi all, Can you tell me if the last official 1.2 Update is installed correctly and AUTOMATICALLY when I launched (start) the game in the first time ?!

I had an update of Games For Windows live that is the 1.2 Official update ?

Because I don't want this update (too many bugs with this), but I don't have a bug in game, Don't know if Games For Windows Live install automatically the update of codemasters with the original game.

Please.. ? I have lot of mods froms here (very good works and thank's a lot to the creators, very talented) and I don't have a bug and crash, all is OK.

Hi Lads,

I just have a couple of questions...

1. Regarding audio: Can somebody tell me which file/line to edit (if possible) to make my race engineer refer to Bruno Senna with his correct name rather than calling him Rubens. I have updated to the 2012 season with a mod but the audio is still incorrect and it's really breaking the immersion hearing that "Rubens is lapping a second a lap slower" and the like in the other Williams.

2. I have installed the 'out of sight' bug fix and modded patch 3.2 and am reasonably happy with the a.i, but also want to run the start career with top three teams mod. Is there a way to install this mod without changing ruining the out of sight fix?

Thanks.

Has anyone still got Chong's T-cams V2 for F1 2011? He posted them a while ago with a Megaupload link, but Megaupload had been taken down a while now.

Editing breaking points and etc... And it's not working right.. I mean when you use the default setups it's perfect but when using your own setup the AI's are always slow. They go out of the track and etc... :/

That´s bad because the AI is so inconsistent track by track. But anyway, Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
camera.xlm file of 2010 works in 2011 (tested Ferrari and mclaren)
Having trouble using Ryder BXML Converter . wont open the file think its because "read only" is on but windows 7 wont let me turn it off . If I uncheck and apply then OK , but its still checked ??

any ideas

Very thanks kristiannn, can you tell me yet how I can change the time in Q1, q2 and Q3 an slower ?
For example McLaren is the best, but his time in Q1 is a 1s faster on the hard tyers than 3 raikonnen on the soft tayers. In Q3 Mclarens wins and they are even 2s faster than the third on the table ! I want to have a more equal battle on the track.:mad:

I know that they are many mods of ai but can you do With a kristiannn permition, the same ai mod buti n 1 race to got more accidents between the others?? without touching the others cars

Hello. What i need to change in database file for faster AI in race. I only know how to do faster AI in qualifying. In some races I was faster than AI more than 3 seconds per lap. I driving on expert. If someone know how to do that please tell me.

Hi. I have a question regarding career mode, and the 1st driver and 2nd driver within a team. I would like to start the career with Caterham and would like Heikki as my team mate. The problem is he is the second driver so if I go there I automaticly replace HIM. Now the question is, is there a way to switch Petrov's and Heikki's places somewhere in the database. Thanks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back