Modding Programs / Modding Questions

Hi all friends!

Which program should I use to edit xml files?

I'm trying to edit the sky_presets included in the tracks folders and I can not open it with the programs listed above.

Every help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
have you tried notepad or word pad ?:rolleyes:

I have another question :D I have edited the driver names in the language.ini. For example:

db_fernando -> My
db_alonso -> Player

That works fine, but now i want to edit the skills of that driver. For it I open the database.ini and go to the category "ai_driver". There is a column "name". Must I edit the name "Fernando Alonso" into "My Player"? Or can I only change the numbers in the other rows to edit the skills for "My Player"?

Thanks for your help!
just change the numbers in the other rows.:cool:

just change the numbers in the other rows.:cool:

Thanks! Because if i would change the names, the game will crash

But my last question: I added some helmets for the ai drivers. During the race i can see them, but in the sequences like the parc ferme after the race, there are the standard helmets. What i have to do so that it works?

I edited the helmet textures in "..._text_high_00(1).pssg" and "..._text_low_00(1).pssg"

Last edited:
Thanks! Because if i would change the names, the game will crash :D

But my last question: I added some helmets for the ai drivers. During the race i can see them, but in the sequences like the parc ferme after the race, there are the standard helmets. What i have to do so that it works?

I edited the helmet textures in "..._text_high_00(1).pssg" and "..._text_low_00(1).pssg"
i´m not sure but i shink you have to edit the files "higtxt(drivers name)" and "medtxt(drivers name)" in "characters"--"models":rolleyes:

I want to change the session LENGTH for Practice 1,2, and 3. For example: In Practice 1 you have 10 Minutes to drive instead of 1 hours etc.

Last edited:
I used to be able to convert and edit these xml files but lately i cant. Tried the binxml but i keep running into problems on the command prompt because it wont recognize Program Files(x86)\ because of the spaces. I tried the Ryder tool but it always fails to convernt. Just got back to my eyefinity setup and the game is unplayable with the defaults and none of the map packs fit with my cockpit setup. Any ideas? Also tried ego cam editor but it wont work with the 2011 files for some reason. Also tried Notepad++ and all it says is NUL a million times.

I used to be able to convert and edit these xml files but lately i cant. Tried the binxml but i keep running into problems on the command prompt because it wont recognize Program Files(x86)\ because of the spaces. I tried the Ryder tool but it always fails to convernt. Just got back to my eyefinity setup and the game is unplayable with the defaults and none of the map packs fit with my cockpit setup. Any ideas? Also tried ego cam editor but it wont work with the 2011 files for some reason. Also tried Notepad++ and all it says is NUL a million times.
have you tried Fergo BinXML ?:rolleyes:

I want to change the session LENGTH (sorry, i wrote "times") for Practice 1,2, and 3. For example: In Practice 1 you have 10 Minutes to drive instead of 1 hours etc...
But i don't know how to change it
hum... i´m not sure but i shink this its not possible. because that files are inside of .exe files ( i shink) and we can´t open that one.:(

First I edited the driver skills and used numbers which are similar to the original skills. Then i started a race in Malaysia and I was 2-3sec faster than the AI.
Then I increased the skills ( now the numbers are 0,9 - 1,5. Original 0,3-1) but now I´m still 3 seconds faster. (The AI drive the same Lap Times after I increased the skills ?! )
Please help!

First I edited the driver skills and used numbers which are similar to the original skills. Then i started a race in Malaysia and I was 2-3sec faster than the AI.
Then I increased the skills ( now the numbers are 0,9 - 1,5. Original 0,3-1) but now I´m still 3 seconds faster. (The AI drive the same Lap Times after I increased the skills ?! )
Please help!

Has no one an idea? :(

Please help!

First of all - the max number is 1.0. The game will take anything above as 1.0. And these values don't change a lot. From 0,1 to 1,0 you'll see just a few tenths of a second difference. This isn't the way to make the AI "fly" :D

First of all - the max number is 1.0. The game will take anything above as 1.0. And these values don't change a lot. From 0,1 to 1,0 you'll see just a few tenths of a second difference. This isn't the way to make the AI "fly" :D

Okay, I will decrease the values again. But when it´s not the way to make the AI faster, what could I change to achieve it? Do you have any ideas?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Okay, I will decrease the values again :D But when it´s not the way to make the AI fly, what i can do? Do you have any ideas?
Thanks!

Editing breaking points and etc... And it's not working right.. I mean when you use the default setups it's perfect but when using your own setup the AI's are always slow. They go out of the track and etc... :/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back