Modding Programs / Modding Questions

It's adjusted in the database.

Find the driver number you want ie: Michael Schumacher is driver 40.

Then click on the Helmets tab, and right at the right hand side at the end, you'll find the fin.

1=full on
0.5=semi transparent
0=off

Enter 1 into this section to change Schumacher to full fin....for example.

It works, but just for the grid drivers. Still don´t work on the helmet of my carrer driver :(

I was trying to edit the surface_materials.xml file cos i want to make the times look realistic not like Breaking records
So can one tell me exactly what grip makes the car's slower without loosing the speed
I tried the Car_ , Car_bottom , Car_exhaust, etc and also decreased tire grip which made the AI to go 1:25 low in Australia and Still i can go 1:24 high to low making a second faster
I want to know which grip matters for us and Which grip matters for AI
Can any one tell me about this please

It works, but just for the grid drivers. Still don´t work on the helmet of my carrer driver :(

You will need to set the fin number at 1 for the driver you are replacing in a team for it to work. if that doesn't work,(it should do) then set the fin number to 1 for both drivers in the team you are driving for.

Question regarding opening car models in Maya, or 3ds max.

Hi guys, anybody knows how to get it done? So far, -- here's my progress and limitations.

I use 3dSimEd to open the pssg, export as .3ds for 3ds max, and Collade DAE for Maya (as Maya doesn't accept .3ds). However when I open the files in respective programs, there seems to be extra 3d objects of cars. The textures are half-missing, half-present. And I don't know how to proceed further. Anybody has tips? Successes? Expertise? Please kindly help.

My objective is to showcase the mod of car liveries I've made in the 3D programs, in order to make a beautiful presentation gallery.

Many thanks. :)

Update: I was also able to import from 3dSimEd to Zmodeler (as Race format, but Zmodeler but similar issues as above programs).​
I understand that i need 3dsimed to open the pssg files, but what pssg files do i need to open?

Hi. I downloaded a helmet template (by daimonhu-d4nw192) and I redesinged it by Photoshop. I saved it as a PSN file. How can I convert it to PSSG file? Can you help me about it, please? Thanks.

Edit: I did it. Thanks.

Yeah I am also new to modding this game, but there are quite a few mods.

Is the F1 2012 mod only graphical? And which AI mod is the best and can I use them with a 2012 mod?

I just tried to do the following:

- use the "top 3 team from the start" mod
- install the 2012 mod (by v1tek)
- install a new Senna helmet

After all, only the helmet and the top 3 team thingie worked fine. I guess those 2 hindered the correct function of the 2012 mod. Anyway, the physics of my car went nuts - the wheel felt unresponsive and I lost 1.8 seconds to P1 in the first sector in Australia.

Could this be connected to me having to replace the flow.bin file in my game directory? Could I simply use the necessary (old) file, start a new career, save the game, back out and put the original file back into place? I don't feel like playing through the first season in a lower tier car once more and want to continue in my trusty McLaren. I don't care much about the 2012 stuff, the helmet and the top 3 thingie is most important.

Hi,

I have just started to learn car skin editing, since I really want to contribute to this forum instead of taking all the time.

I'm having trouble straight away however. I need to use Gimp to open and edit the extracted files, but I cant open the dds file. I have tried to install the dds plug in from the Gimp downloads site, but still no luck. I get an error simply stating dds plug in could not open image.

I need to get past this hurdle and then I can continue to follow the video tutorial. Please help!?

Thanks

Hi,

I have just started to learn car skin editing, since I really want to contribute to this forum instead of taking all the time.

I'm having trouble straight away however. I need to use Gimp to open and edit the extracted files, but I cant open the dds file. I have tried to install the dds plug in from the Gimp downloads site, but still no luck. I get an error simply stating dds plug in could not open image.

I need to get past this hurdle and then I can continue to follow the video tutorial. Please help!?

Thanks

Sometimes I have this kind of error, not very often but it does happen.

Look for a program called DXTbmp. Use this to send the DDS file to your chosen editor, it may help.

So, with my previous problem solved: is it possible to rename a driver, say Hamilton, and make him use a another helmet, say helmet 21 from career mode? Single races are fair enough for me but I'd like to have the and helmet I like. ;)

(Just made the switch to PC from my PS3, so I don't know much about modding the game.)

I just tried to do the following:

- use the "top 3 team from the start" mod
- install the 2012 mod (by v1tek)
- install a new Senna helmet

After all, only the helmet and the top 3 team thingie worked fine. I guess those 2 hindered the correct function of the 2012 mod. Anyway, the physics of my car went nuts - the wheel felt unresponsive and I lost 1.8 seconds to P1 in the first sector in Australia.

Could this be connected to me having to replace the flow.bin file in my game directory? Could I simply use the necessary (old) file, start a new career, save the game, back out and put the original file back into place? I don't feel like playing through the first season in a lower tier car once more and want to continue in my trusty McLaren. I don't care much about the 2012 stuff, the helmet and the top 3 thingie is most important.

The lose of time is because I send Kartik an editable surface_materials.xml file and he's too crazy to mod it. :D

Flow.bin - no. It has nothing to do with such things. When you simply put the old flow.bin the PC saves your progress. If you don't - it doesn't. The new one checks for changes to files and if you've touched the game - it doesn't save.

Hi guys, I am really getting into this skin painting business (i'll upload some stuff later) but what I need to know is, can I check my work in 3D somehow without needing to load the game?

I use paint.net

Thanks for any help

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 35 74.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 12 25.5%