Modding Programs / Modding Questions

Hi. I have a question regarding career mode, and the 1st driver and 2nd driver within a team. I would like to start the career with Caterham and would like Heikki as my team mate. The problem is he is the second driver so if I go there I automaticly replace HIM. Now the question is, is there a way to switch Petrov's and Heikki's places somewhere in the database. Thanks.
Just open f1 drivers tab and increase stat value of Heikki and it must be more than Trulli in the database then you can race with Heikki

Just open f1 drivers tab and increase stat value of Heikki and it must be more than Trulli in the database then you can race with Heikki
Thank you, found it and fixed it.
Edit: now tested it and it didnt work. I even changed the number 1 stat in the team tab but it just made me the number 1 (right hand side of the garage) oh well, I just have to race with Vitali now I guess.

Now, I don't know if this is wrong thread for my question. But when I change Truli and Petrov which file to change so that their suits change from Lotus(Caterham) to Reanault(Lotus F1) and reverse? I know there are mods with this done but wish to learn how to do it.

It worked out for me i had Webber as my team mate and i found stat value makes the changes then i made Vettel has Higher value and i changed and i had SEB as my team mate
So did I understand this correct. I open the database.bin with Ryders program, then I go to F1 Drivers tab and make changes to stat value column? Then I just save the database.bin and overwrite the old one?

How do i edit the "effects.xml" within the "postprocess"-folder? I tried using both "XML to txt" converter but both fail while trying to convert.

Hi dudes,

Can anyone tell me wich file I have to modify to add the wings to the drivers helmets?

It's adjusted in the database.

Find the driver number you want ie: Michael Schumacher is driver 40.

Then click on the Helmets tab, and right at the right hand side at the end, you'll find the fin.

1=full on
0.5=semi transparent
0=off

Enter 1 into this section to change Schumacher to full fin....for example.

Question regarding opening car models in Maya, or 3ds max.

Hi guys, anybody knows how to get it done? So far, -- here's my progress and limitations.

I use 3dSimEd to open the pssg, export as .3ds for 3ds max, and Collade DAE for Maya (as Maya doesn't accept .3ds). However when I open the files in respective programs, there seems to be extra 3d objects of cars. The textures are half-missing, half-present. And I don't know how to proceed further. Anybody has tips? Successes? Expertise? Please kindly help.

My objective is to showcase the mod of car liveries I've made in the 3D programs, in order to make a beautiful presentation gallery.

Many thanks. :)

Update: I was also able to import from 3dSimEd to Zmodeler (as Race format, but Zmodeler but similar issues as above programs).

Question regarding opening car models in Maya, or 3ds max.

Hi guys, anybody knows how to get it done? So far, -- here's my progress and limitations.

I use 3dSimEd to open the pssg, export as .3ds for 3ds max, and Collade DAE for Maya (as Maya doesn't accept .3ds). However when I open the files in respective programs, there seems to be extra 3d objects of cars. The textures are half-missing, half-present. And I don't know how to proceed further. Anybody has tips? Successes? Expertise? Please kindly help.

My objective is to showcase the mod of car liveries I've made in the 3D programs, in order to make a beautiful presentation gallery.

Many thanks. :)

Update: I was also able to import from 3dSimEd to Zmodeler (as Race format, but Zmodeler but similar issues as above programs).

The other bits you are seeing is the damage decal layer.

You would need to right click and delete all the damage decal parts before exporting as a 3ds file or whatever format you want to export in.

The other bits you are seeing is the damage decal layer.

You would need to right click and delete all the damage decal parts before exporting as a 3ds file or whatever format you want to export in.

Thanks. It was quite a bit confusing trying to 'peel-off' the unnecessary layers. Now I'm sort of stuck at this point, tried to import tires but still having some knowledge difficulties with Maya. (Btw the following is an image of a modded file, of course, will upload them later if anyone likes).

Arrows Aston Martin, F1. (New).
Anyone here has created lots of 3D images of cars in Maya / 3ds Max, etc? Would love some advise on how to create the studio background, importing tires, etc.
Many thanks.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 44 66.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • No 3pa registration pages