License Discussion/Issues

Does anyone know how I can get BTB to work? I've purchased the license and had the program running for a few months, the BTB website says my current license expires 24th November, I've made no changes to my PC and the clock has not been changed yet apparently my license has expired!
I've re-downloaded the current license to no avail. No emails have been answered regarding this hence posting the question here.

this is not the same as buying a regular program. you just gave your money and if you
change anything on your computer, to bad your loss. I am still waiting.
I change my computer weekly as I am a beta tester of computer parts and my master
drive is a SSD drive that most would consider mobile.
I have had no responce from him at all and PayPal said I waited to long to get my
money back. So figure you only paid to rent the program.

I didn't change anything. I only reinstalled windows. I understood the conditions were the licence was to be invalid if hardware was changed such as CPU, motherboard ect, nothing about a windows reinstall. The punishment, can't use the program till June 2013. At least my very near completed first major project (only had the damm thing for a month) was exported at a raceable stage.

Join the club, I even tried the beta to finish one but it stoped working as well.
even though the license changes monthly my computer changes more often.
I bet he doesnt have to put up with this, so I am sure he can fix it.
And for those not sure I did buy it, I did put a copy of my licence up on an earlier post.
Page 11 I think
So quit PM'ing me about buying it. I ALREADY DID.
He has never answered any of my emails, the way he has this licensed
makes no sence I assume he just wants our money and the hell with us.

On the other hand I have to say he has a great program but needs to license it
so we can use it.

Brendan,
Nightmare occurance.
Hard-drive crash after just re-newing licence..why....who knows but I did. Thought I had managed to re-install licence but found I was using the trial version so now locked out. Next new licence February 13:cry:

If I want it back sooner presumably I can purchase another licence ?
Any chance of a discount?? If you don't ask ;)
Many thanks for any advice...............................

What pirating ??
There isn't anything out there that works. Because of this I have looked, but I
am not used to finding it but I cant find anything that works. Not sure were to look anyway.
There are places where you can find cracked and working versions. I also looked around. But even when there are those versions, it is a pity that people who have paid licences still have a lot of troubles of not working licences. More and more people are switching from XP to Win7. Some have working licences on Win7, some don't.

Well I never found one. I also have Windows 7 and beta testing windows 8.
and still no licence. Oh well not ment to be. even if I got another licence it
would only last me about a week or two.

I have sent a couple of emails to Brendon, but no reply. Is he still trading?

Not sure whether to go for another license. This is an expensive game isn't it, for these cash strapped times. Had 4 UK kart tracks near completion too, but this hassle takes away the fun doesn't it. :(

I think it would be worth trying to combine Blender with 3dSimed. Blender is free and 3dSimed isn't too expensive. A beta version has just been released which appears to support rFactor2.

Someone's working on a blender script to support rFactor but it's status is unclear.

Not sure whether to go for another license. This is an expensive game isn't it, for these cash strapped times. Had 4 UK kart tracks near completion too, but this hassle takes away the fun doesn't it. :(
Yes I agree. My tracks stand unfinished also. I did finish our team cars, alas the tracks await compleation,
Buying another license sounds crazy, This should not happen. as my computer changes so much no licence would work for me, the way he sets it. I know of no other program that does its licencing this way.

I think it would be worth trying to combine Blender with 3dSimed. Blender is free and 3dSimed isn't too expensive. A beta version has just been released which appears to support rFactor2.

Someone's working on a blender script to support rFactor but it's status is unclear.
Thanks R Soul. I have had a poke around with the two software packages and it is going to be a lot of learning for me to do tracks using them.

I have also found out better ways of doing the tracks whilst surfing the net, which is frustrating :)

I have emailed Brendon but he seems to be in 'ex-communicado'.

Hey there!

I'm fairly new here, anyway I have a couple of questions about BTB. My trial license has ran out and I had two WIP, I'm looking to become a regular contributer of original content however I want to know what license will allow me to do it I purchase one.

If I purchase BTB Pro or Evo am I entitled to both or do they require separate licenses? After some fairly mild reading it obvious development and support of BTB by Brendan has grindded to a hault, is there any refund process? Final since there is no real development, is it likely that BTB will be compatible with future sims? rF2, AC etc...

Additionally here is a REALLY ALPHA version of a Mountain/Hill circuit I did for Race 07 and GTR2 https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2zcv28i8xl5jdku/uEgmNvSIPC Race07 has an AI bug and the Safety car is messed up in both of them.

I purchased BTB in 2009 and created my favorite track. But as I was putting finishing touches on it, I changed the PC clock to get another program to work and screwed BTB license. Had to wait 16 months for new license. July 2011 I tried to use a new license, but it would not work...tried for 3 months more... nothing. So I gave up.

Last Monday I dropped in here and read I should get rid of both the HardwareID.txt AND the old license. I really can't remember is I did that a year ago (been too long for my old brain).

I uploaded the HWID.txt and got the license in 12 hours. Popped it in.... AND BTB WORKS!!!!

May have been my fault all along.... sigh of relief.

Thanks for keeping the conversations going!!!

TAGdesign

First make sure date is correct. Then run Hardware ID generator as Administrator in 7 & Vista. And make sure the licence in you BTB folder is ONLY the current one. Should then work. If you have not follow those steps it is possible you have generated an invalid licence. I guess as a fallback you could run BTB in a Virtual PC environment until you can get a current licence again. I have never tested if it works, or is OK with regards to performance.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.