License Discussion/Issues

Does anyone know how I can get BTB to work? I've purchased the license and had the program running for a few months, the BTB website says my current license expires 24th November, I've made no changes to my PC and the clock has not been changed yet apparently my license has expired!
I've re-downloaded the current license to no avail. No emails have been answered regarding this hence posting the question here.

And waiting...

001_Imstillw.jpg

If your game (rFactor, GTR Evo etc) has an up to date version of your track, you could load it in 3dSimed. You can make new objects in some other program (Blender, Sketchup, AC3D, 3dsMax...) or export existing objects to them (probably via the 3ds format). So 3dSimed is the middleman between your favourite 3d object program and whatever racing game(s) you are building for.

Clearly, changing a track layout will be quite tricky, but so what? Think of it as a challenge - e.g. how much of Blender can you learn before your new license file arrives?

Lemme just drop by your house and whip out my flamethrower... think of avoiding it as a challenge while you wait for another re-license of BTB. :whistling:

Whoever started rephrasing "problems" as "challenges" should be subjected to the time-honored tradition of keelhauling, imho.

Damn.. can't even install the non beta, as the install complains about a previous installment (the beta).
This is getting really annoying, especially if you payed good money for the license.
Please Brendon.. wake up from the dead.

(evil thought)
If i would be a hacker i would have made a hardware ID generator.
(/evil thought)

Well I am trying to use 3DSimEd to place the rest Of my Objects, kind of a pain as all textures show as black no matter were I point the yellow line. it was a major problem when I put our car together and converted it to gmt, luckily skins stayed wrapped from Meteseque to 3DSimEd. and the car looks great, Look on the WIP pictures of Alpine GP or Alpine Crest.
Anyway placing the new objects would be better if I can light the whole thing up. Converting to GMT is one thing but placing and rotating an object on the map is another.

@ Richard : If we can get a hold of a group called SKIDROW they might be able to help with that. They are the best at what they do.
I also hate having a program I paid for and cant use.

I won't go that far... was just a loud thought.
Would not even want to know how to reach those boys...

For now i stay patient.. maybe some awesome update is coming.
But annoyance is getting higher.

Although i feel a bit trapped now with my project.
Luckely i export every move and i mostly had to buildings.
So they can be placed in 3dsimed without much of a problem.

Hey guys, i was just wondering what to do when i get a 'lock system' lockout message. I'm only two months into using my licence, that i purchased and set for 12 months.

After looking around here to see what to do, i did log back onto btb website, i can still download my current licence again, but it wont let me generate a new one. I still have the same motherboard and all other hardware. The only thing I did was reformat my hard drive a month ago, but i've been using btb solidly since then with no hiccups.

Ok, I'm thinking that maybe because i had to reinstall btb two weeks ago, because of a hd reformat, I never actually unlocked it with my original purchased licence, even though I placed the licence in the root directory again ect. Can anybody give me recommendations as to what to do from here? I messaged Brendon yesterday morning, should I expect a response?

I was under the impression this only happens if you change hardware like your CPU, this is totally unfair.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.