License Discussion/Issues

Does anyone know how I can get BTB to work? I've purchased the license and had the program running for a few months, the BTB website says my current license expires 24th November, I've made no changes to my PC and the clock has not been changed yet apparently my license has expired!
I've re-downloaded the current license to no avail. No emails have been answered regarding this hence posting the question here.

problems here...can anyone hlp me ?
I have to start BTB on my system and the software brings me:

My Computer is the same since 8months and i have nothing changed.
I can download the license file and i can copy the file in the btb folder.
The software brings me the same failure.

I have to get my payed software working !

I would like to apologise to Brendan for my liscencing rant a while ago. He has always stated that its still beta etc.... I was very frustrated with life and btb is my escape, it is such a great program. and my licences (when submitted) are renewed very quickly. So if you are reading these threads please accept my apology Brendan.

He also stated that... "This license will work for 1 month, hopefully enough time for any bugs to be fixed. If the release is not ready within this timeframe then a new beta and/or new license will be generated here once again."

So u kind of trust on this, pay for a full licensed softwafe, get the Beta, which has some great features, use it for like a years, build more than 60 tracks, and now ive been stuck for like 2 months... and all that work has gone.

Would be great if I could at least open it with the 0.8.0.3. But no...

And the worse is that he seems to be laughing at us, at least a litle message to explain what is going on, is there any future in BTB, it is dead? Did I pay for a dead softwafe?.

What I find strange about Brendon's silence is that he used to be so active. Maybe not in terms of posts, but in the features he kept adding to BTB.

I know about the effects of the crack, and not having time to work on the program and all that, but how long can it take to visit a forum and briefly explain the situation?

I think there must be more to it, but I won't speculate because I don't know any more than anyone else. However I think it's a good idea to be quite measured when criticizing Brendon.

I understand peoples' frustration though. The OS requirements seem clear, and if you have Vista or 7 it seems perfectly logical to see if the trial version works. Only after you've spend your money do you find that it doesn't work, or that the license system is good for some and non-functional for others.

Hi all,
Sorry, I do not speak English and I use the Google translator ...
I see a lot of licensing issues and it worries me a bit ..
I just bought the license and expires April 30, 2013 ... Why ??

Charlie

Attachments

• Bob's Track Builder - Pro Users License.jpg
    Bob's Track Builder - Pro Users License.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 626
(Copied from my reply in the other thread)

@charlie-82
When you first buy your license there is an option to set how long until renewal.(for example every 4months)
At the end of that time, in your case, 30th of April, you need to re-apply for another license.
Do not worry, you never need to pay again.
If you change your hard drives, CPU or Mainboard during this period BTB will lock you out.
It is always best to set license renewal periods for only a few months (1 to 4months) in case you ever need to change these parts....
If you set it to 12 months & change PC or PC parts you could end up waiting a year to use BTB again...
You can reset the time period when you send for a new license
Dumb I know but that is how it is, but this is so the builder of BTB can be sure that a license will ONLY be used on one machine at a time....

When it comes time to re-new license be sure to remove old license from BTB's main folder before running H.I.D again.
The longest I have ever had to wait for new license is 8hours for 0.8.0.3version & shortest was under an hour.
Also, you can apply for new license2 days before old one runs out.
Avoid using the BTB Pro 0.8.9.1 Beta version as there are issues with it's licensing system that could have you waiting for months at a time.....
Best of luck, welcome to BTB & I look forward to sampling your tracks in the near future! ;)

Oh well here we go then......
Waited since before Christmas for my license to expire because I had to change my hard-drive, did the business with the files 3 days ago and now nothing :(
Anyone know how long it is taking to get a renewal at the moment?

Sorry to be so boring:redface:

Proplems. I have always got my license at very short time. Now I have waited more than the promised 48 hours. I have thought this is okay and acceptaple way to keep the program running for persons who have paid for it. Now I realise for the first time that if something like this happens This is a big proplem. It is just not acceptable as we have paid for it. It is a commercial program anyway. Imagine that microsoft word would stop working time by time on peoples machines and you should wait many days to get the license.. Still I am grateful for the work Brendon has done and given this wonderful program to us, but the program licensing just can´t be this way..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back