Cars Jaguar XJ13 1967 W.I.P.

Man, that car really does look great. So low, so mean... :confused:

I'm just kidding around with the other stuff, i know how the 512 was received by the guys who tried it. The secret to that one was data - a great drawing of the suspension in 2 axes in the service manual + a ton of good RL setup data buried in FerrariChat forums... AC is only as good as the data you give it, and in this case I had great sources. Not to the level of the WRX (for those who don't know, that's my RL daily-driver) but at least as much as I had for this Jaguar. :)

I almost forgot that you also have Porsche 944turbo physics. Those physics could be such a great motivation to start on a model from scratch. Just devote time for it, and go ! :)

Your portfolio is certainly not empty :)

Unfortunately "physics guy" seems to be easier than "3d guy". It takes so much skill and effort to make an AC-quality car. My job is mostly just research and math, with a little bit of artistry to fill in the blanks.

That said, I do have a modeler who has begun working on a hawkeye...

I just had to google "hawkeye car", saw WRX in one of the pictures, congratulations ! Good luck. :)

Probably we couldn't really compare physics and model developing, both so different. But yes, in terms of time physics takes less. But only if knowledge is good, skills and attitude of digging data is great (for example buying expensive books), also luck of finding data, and communication with test drivers is productive.

Unfortunately "physics guy" seems to be easier than "3d guy". It takes so much skill and effort to make an AC-quality car. My job is mostly just research and math, with a little bit of artistry to fill in the blanks.

That said, I do have a modeler who has begun working on a hawkeye...
You should up a new thread just posting which physics you have "ready" already waiting for a model.

I do in theory know how to do physics, but I suck at researching blueprint data. Ofc it doesn't help that I love doing one-off cars :redface: Regarding retro cars I'm currently contemplating doing the Peugeot Quasar, but do you guys maybe have more ideas for cars that would fit in with the GT40 and XJ13? I thought about the Lola T70, but its such a bubbly curvy car...

Yes I though about that too, it wouldn't be terrible to have a thread where physics guys could assign which cars physics is/been worked on and approximate percentage done. Would attract modellers I think. Trying doesn't hurt.

XJ13 is about second faster than GT40 in average track, Lola T70 is about second faster than XJ13 (at least now). I guess that 312PB or 312P should have similar pace to those cars. Cars can have slightly different pace and still provide a nice race though, depends on drivers. Also balance of power could be done, or weight added to faster car. I guess Dauntless Jaguar XJ12C was similar pace too.

That Peugeot Quasar is very interesting, never seen it before :)

35WQWa9.jpg

Just wanted to share this. I just discovered (or should I said remembered) that I had headlights area completely wrong. So remodeled it today, and I like the results :)

Here is how it looked before, also it is visible how much nicer interior backwall looks now. Basically everything got improved what was A quality, now is AA.

TOeOZJt.jpg

And one of a skins by NightEye:

O8e3KLl.jpg

FYI, the revival weekends at least from the last few years are all available, in their entirety, on YouTube. Makes great watching if you're into all that. (And I am into all that.)

I think next revival is this September. I try to catch live as much, as I can. Very special thing.

Possibly I saw that live, not sure though. Crazy how how they drive there... Definitely inspirational.

That Bizzarini looks amazing in bare metal. Absolutely wild.

Today I have been remodeling taillights, by the way. Rather hard object to model. I hope next update will be downloaded not less, hopefully more.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back