Cars Jaguar XJ13 1967 W.I.P.

Next release will be quite improved.

Also thanks to Kunos Jag will have less jagged lines, and cleaner in general. Also plus because shader tweaks.

gBrjxl7.jpg

Also reworked rimblur and knockoffsblur. To more intense. Previous was like for 50-70km/h now it should fit to decent speed.

1BEt58q.jpg

jow05gx.jpg

GMivPHU.jpg

few more screens just because why not

http://imgur.com/a/juaD6

TWEAK MOD EVERYDAY ! :whistling:

0.9 RELESE DIS FRYDAY ! :)

No seriously, this time in decent way !

0.9 will be released this Friday !

With better modelling, physics tweaks, better sound, and skins !

Work:

This gave an idea to make headlight cover to emit some light too, but I'm unsure about it because it looks not entirely realistic from front, and especially in bright clear weather, however I like the effect. Is this because of dark weather, or these are headlights on max power ?

66_Jaguar-XJ13-Protot-DV-10-PBC_015.jpg

Result:

LGamaVN.jpg

Seems realistic for strong lights

5ray0yz.jpg

Tell me, deciding on this...

esgtwNw.jpg

tXRRu6T.jpg

Plus. My favorite skin yet, @NightEye87

DOlH4O6.jpg

Colors always seems to looks strange in hangar showroom, but seems to be alright.

NsGKmrz.jpg

BY THE WAY ! Goodwood Revival is this weekend :)

Looking gooooooooood. :cool:

As far as physics tweaks go, basically I just fixed the LUT call in the tire file and squared up the camber adjustment ranges. I've also taken my first shot at brake disc temperatures, but for now it's very hard to overheat them so it's basically just something to warm up on your outlap along with the tires. (Please don't consider that feature "final" in any way. Along with the tires, it's likely to change when the official GT40 gets updated.)

If anyone has other suggestions or observations on the physics side, between now and Thursday would be the ideal time to bring them up. :)

Reposting from AC official forum, screenshots thread.

Showcasing XJ. With some mediocore screenshots and poor Photoshop tweaks using cropping and leveling.

In new showroom by x4fab, darkened a bit using levels modifier.

Crpsyrt.jpg

And spun at Silverstone Intenational. Jag is waiting for classic silverstone 67'. It was exact year when it was tested there.

Little story goes (no rimblur because 12x slowmotion + f8) :
ONv6zJo.jpg

wKZyZMm.jpg

m1S5Ok4.jpg

This must be good combo ! ^^^^^^^

Thanks, NightEye. But am I the only one who can't enter ? No checksum or something, it just brings me back to the menu.

Last edited:
Wow, in your screens it used to look worse than on mine, but now it is nicer than on my computer :D

I'm very glad that it is so. Door handle cutout is nearly sharp in real life, but not completely, could use just a little roundness.

First thing I thought was - Charade ! But second thought - I don't know what it is, but it sure does look immersive and Jag is at home there. :)

Hopefully we'll see that thread, because I'm curious as hell now.

Thats alright NightEye, it can be done later. I wish though :) I'm very thankful for nice intentions.

Screenshot_jaguar_xj13_deutschlandring_11-9-116-17-5-9.jpg
Screenshot_jaguar_xj13_deutschlandring_11-9-116-17-5-34.jpg
Absolutely! It's fantastic to drive and a real challenge - I love it. I wish we had more cars like this in AC; hats off to you, sir! :thumbsup:

The only thing that stood out to me whilst driving it is the particularly loud 'CLICK!' each time you change gear. Now I've noticed it I can't seem to 'un-hear' it :unsure: Everything else is just fab though - thank you for all your hard work!

(Btw, the unknown track in Gary's post is my WIP - an old German track from 1939 that is a great match for this car)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years