Cars Jaguar XJ13 1967 W.I.P.

(sorry for off topic mantasisg)
it will be because of MR. it certainly isnt my intention to exclude people for no reason but the quality of the racing without MR is not good a lot of the time (talking in terms of fairness, not driver pace.) if you have no rating at all you can get to AB pretty quickly if your smart about it (racing within 8m of others without contact will have you there in no time!)
we welcome suggestions and requests so if you do get your AB rating and want this car hosted again you only have to ask :)
I jumped on some almost empty ABCDN(?) server from schwarzbierbude, and after only two or so clean laps with a BMW 1M the server gave me a "You're now A-B rated!" message. Certainly easier then what i expected, all that grinding back in the days of the STCC and CTRA servers... :cautious:

Had some fun races and chat sessions with Nighteye and mister builder himself.

xj13gt40.jpg

it looks like 150kg of ballast on the Jag is about right for anyone wanting to race the XJ13 with the GT40

glad you made it in @AccAkut :)

@aphidgod thanks for your work to make this car happen, fun it most certainly is!

Honestly I'd never really even heard of this car when I signed on to do the physics. I mean, I'd seen it and driven it in one of the Gran Turismos but to me it was just a green curvy historic race car. It was pretty fascinating to dig down to the very bottom of the project in my research. Quite the interesting story. (And a really fantastic car.)

It's so wrong it hurts... but I recognize the necessity of having more than one skin and in light of that, I love them. :)

We'd thought about doing one in bare aluminum, I'd still like to see a nice version of that. And I think a nice ivory/off-white would be sharp as hell. :D

I like them so much. It is happening ! :)

Looks really good :)

Car never had any of this, but I guess it is so much worth it, just to see how it could have been. If we would be going full historic, then we should ask Kunos to implement possibility to strict amount of particular cars on the grid to one :D Great job on skins :)

HIGHLANDER MODE!

I've always felt that if it had been raced they'd have made one or two more, at least... and anyway, this lets us assign both Norman Dewis and Richard Attwood to their own skins - in our small way, giving credit to the 3 men whose talents as test drivers helped make the car what it is. (Neat fact - all 3 are still with us, even Dewis at the age of 96.)

Who would have been third ? Hobbs ?

Dewis is most amazing, there is a video how incredibly he survived that mega crash at M.I.R.A.

By the way, IIRIC he mentioned that they won't let him race because of his value as a test driver.

Nice story at 23:54

It's so wrong it hurts... but I recognize the necessity of having more than one skin and in light of that, I love them. :)

We'd thought about doing one in bare aluminum, I'd still like to see a nice version of that. And I think a nice ivory/off-white would be sharp as hell. :D
I know, it's so wrong having its intended opponents's liveries :p
Bare aluminium might be on the todo-list, or it might not be. Who knows ;) Ivory now is, I can tell you that.

I'll have a look into who those three blokes are and see if I can come up with something that would suit the three.

I can't speak for Mantas' plans, but I have seen bits and pieces of a nice start on a Ferrari 312P. ;)

I'd be game for another Jag, though, they all shared a similar suspension setup with the XJ so on my end it's pretty straightforward.

:DD

I don't know for now. I have a beginnings of 312PB, and E-type lowdrag (something like Linder Nocker, not exactly though) and a track. Also played one day on AutoUnion type C/D (yes there is "type CD"). I have a feeling that cars like D-type, C-type, E-Type... could arrive if Kunos deals with Jaguar in 2017, which could happen.

Listers are nice cars, I like Costin Coupe very much. Aphidgod has some not bad physics for 512TR, Lola T70 and more cars.

I like these beautiful cars which were somehow unpopular or unsuccessful, like XJ13. And make it happen at least in virtual world. Ford P68 is car just like that too.

So many many cars...

In terms of physics, front of XJ13 is very much like E-type. Visually it also is similar. :) Maybe someday.

By the way, I'm also about to find job and start live life like a a normal 25years old should, so I'll have less free time. But on the other hand I'm a bit skilled now, so crafting something would take so much less time for me. People should see something more from me in the future.

It is totally unnecessary, but I'd like to show few screens. Here is my 1st mod vs possibly 2nd mod in the very early stage (just recently spent one more day for this Ferrari, 4days in total IIRIC)

DIWsH6f.jpg

kWTplz2.png

ytC2MOX.png

CMyVE2Q.png

9OEhydo.png

Just like with Jag corners are hardest to get right. True research on body lines just begun.

@aphidgod Thats my way of sayin - "perfect" :D In fact I remember I couldn't stop driving 512TR around Brands Hatch and Spielberg (Spielberg mod by that time). Also it shouldn't be hard car to model (grab it modellers) :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 485 39.0%