Cars Jaguar XJ13 1967 W.I.P.

The finishing of Jaguar XJ13 prototype
The Team:

@aphidgod - physics
@iRider5 - sounds
@iVG - official test driver
@NightEye87 - official liveries artist

Khk2fs5.png

ANY CRITCISM, AND ADVICES ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

There is only one existing, and about twenty replicas made. Had to be GT40 rival at Le Mans 1967...

http://www.xj13.eu/XJ13Blog/post/2015/01/27/Then-and-Now-.aspx
http://pan3sixty.co.uk/virtual_tours/jaguar-heritage/jaguar-xj13-interior
5wIrFoq.png

Last edited:
There were some forums. Existed long time ago....I'm not sure if the internet was invented already back then.

Thanks for the tip, but "thread tools" only gives me an option to add pool. Searching for thread title edit function, not successfully.

Thank you, staff :) But I have to ask, will renaming your thread will be enabled ? Or this can be done just by updating whole system ?

Seems like these forums are OK. IMO it would be useful to make sections like it was you know... in the past forum. Maybe then more people would migrate here ? As it seems like happening rather slowly at the moment.

Ok, just a random thought. Maybe it would be great to add "Forum Suggestions" thread, where users could suggest, and get acquainted with technical things.

By the way, few days sounds quick enough.

Goodnight ;)

Checking in. :)

edIqdAr.jpg

It is the first day.........so..........we are working on it mate. But even Staffys have to sleep.....well...not me....lol. Just give us a few days please to find the best way how to handle it. :)

Just want to take a second to thank you for taking on the sudden flood of AC refugees. We're still a bit grumpy about all this, and maybe not on our best behavior, but your willingness to work with us to make a new home here is genuinely appreciated.

Last edited:
One more week, And I'll be able to continue. Meanwhile, @aphidgod is doing awesome work on physics, @iRacer5 sounds really begins to shine :) I hope you'll like it all, people. Because of me being a shameless showcaser people already seen enough of the model, but wait till you'll feel and hear it :)

Nothing new in this screenshot, but anyway, showcasing without any shame, going to be released as WIP in this summer.

IR8tkqd.jpg

Looking good :)
By the way, you keep referring to "1967". The car was completed early 1966.
Also, the form of the car in your pictures is not of the original car. Yours is of the car after it was crashed/rebuilt after a demo run in 1971 - more than 4 years after the project had been canned.

Cheers! (Neville?)

You are entirely correct, of course. :)

I believe the 1967 date is because, from a physics perspective, we've modeled the car as it was toward the end of development rather than as it was when it was first tested in 1966. I guess, strictly speaking, the car is and will always be a "1966" model.

The decision to go with the later body style was entirely down to pragmatism - there is precious little reference available in the public sphere for a proper 3d model, and that goes double for the early body. :(

Last edited:
Nice to hear from you, Mr. Neville. :)

To everybody, Mr. Neville is the man responsible for "Building the Legend" project, which is very important for this project as well. Big thanks !

I was in doubt when naming this thread. Visually car changed, but internally it is still 60's. If I'm right. However, after restoration model kept most of the looks, so relatively it is still very same. We'll include note about car body being restored after crash in Assetto Corsa car description.

Pre-crash XJ13 had different fenders, and different riveting. I'm not sure about more details being different. I remember that it was mentioned in the blog that turn lights is positioned in slightly different place or angle. Was there more differences ? Would be nice to have more photos of original, before MIRA.

By the way, I'm working on interior now. When I'll be happy with the model, maybe I'll do 1966 model as well, as it doesn't seem to need radical changes. Also it had a little less powerful engine back then, IIRC @aphidgod.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 237 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 165 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.0%