Cars Jaguar XJ13 1967 W.I.P.

Thanks @Fat-Alfie :) I agree that gear shifting click is a bit too loud now, it was too silent before. Swinging it to perfection :D

Got your hint, found a video, watched some videos of real track, found nice article from newspaper in google images. Should have been amazing track, I really don't think it could have been better than Nurburgring. But it would have been a blast in its own way, nice flow, variety of environment, huge altitude.

Track looks amazing from the screens, road, edges, grass, trees, buildings looks very good. World needs it ! I see fate of this track was rather similar to XJ13s' fate, just in different circumstances.

We need F1 cars from late 30s now :D I hope that AutoUnion will come to AC, as it was in Porsche announment video, even though just for a few frames. Somebody should start modding Mercedes-Benz W125.

That Mercedes certainly would be nice in AC, wouldn't it ?

People am I right not to be happy about this ? This group shares my mod, and I'm thankful for that. Plus it is very popular facebook group. But. They use deposit file as a host. Updates my mod. But doesn't update screens, and doesn't update overview. So at the end i'm not too happy about it. Obviously they does it with every mod. Do you think they help to community or not ? What do you know about this group ?

F0gSCsA.jpg

It's complicated. I dunno. To their credit they cite sources and in this case not only are the team credits present but also the entire thank you list. (So like... everyone in this thread.:roflmao:)

And the photo they used for the 0.7 release has almost 7000 views at my Imgur, so it has to be pretty good exposure. (The other photos I've hosted there aren't even close to that. Few hundred views or so. Only one other made it past 1k.)

Would be nice if they preserved the original hosting link, though. We like tracking download numbers - it's the users' enthusiasm for the car that motivates us to keep polishing and perfecting it at this point, and it's hard to gauge that with no numbers or feedback from the downloaders. :(

(Not that you lot aren't enough to keep us at it. ;) )

I've noticed a few "back-ups" in the net :D

Publicity is nice, but I feel like quality level of this publicity is not the best. Facebook is working like a black hole of the internet with all those little groups reposting content. They have full overview, with all names and stuff. But it is from 0.7 with old issues pointed out. Having a link to other host is nothing but trying to hide real source and stealing from the real host. They possibly are trying to prevent people from realizing that there is other host, the original one, so they don't loose traffic. Disrespectful at the end. There is that stupid business in the facebook, when group collects as much people as they can, and then is sold, I know that it is rather good business, and people actually are able to make decent money out of it.

Once one other group posted sounds of 917K. I asked where is the model from, is it scratch made ? They kept deleting my comments,saying that "group is for posting mods, not commenting them" and blocked me within minutes. I think admin was Lazzario somebody, or something like that, not sure.

What makes me sad is that many people comes there instead of Racedepartment. Or other original source site, without even noticing original source. It definitely should be controlled.

Thanks for this masterpiece!Love it.Is it just me or car is like that IRL.It seems its more understeer then oversteer type when I drive it.Also I find it maybe too easy to drive I didnt think it will be that way,keep up with great work.Design its peace of art and its great you decided to make it for AC!
I hope you dont mind my few screens:

If only there were an official community with good moderation to keep track of all the projects.

Oh wait..

(Today I think it was FOM forcing the closure :ninja:)

I still find new YouTube videos reviewing the 1.0 of my Porsche, but linking to some Russian hoster hosting the old open Beta...

@djtopa Thanks for screens, always welcome :) I'm very interested how it looks on different computers.

Helps to improve. I see rimblur is a bit too reflective, rim map has too much blue on them. I see few other things to improve, but it looks good in general. Thanks for nice screens :)

If it is too easy then you haven't driven it fast enough :D But yes, it is easier to drive than GT40, it just is. Understeer happens from time to time, but it is very easy to cure it with oversteer. I get very little understeer, probably mostly due my style of driving.

@AccAkut Yeah, somehow people from less western countries seems to host more of these sites. It is just annoying. By the way, what is FOM ?

Ohh. I'm sure there were hundred reasons.

Those F1 managers are trying hard to make their sport unpopular :D

By the way, I'm thinking to do old F1 car mod next, from the days when they called it Grand Prix.

Ohh. I'm sure there were hundred reasons.

Those F1 managers are trying hard to make their sport unpopular :D

By the way, I'm thinking to do old F1 car mod next, from the days when they called it Grand Prix.

Reminds me (off topic, sorry), I made this a couple days ago for the lols, not sure where I'll go with it but its damn fun to drive. Its has the 'Halo' thing that is likely to be introduced in 2018, I just wanted to see what it looked like from behind the wheel, then just got carried away with the wheel covers...
Edit, just realised this kind of thing needs a new "What Are You Working On" thread again. I'll get it started.
ceWqPuyh.jpg

Last edited:
[QUOTE="mantasisg, post: 2307991, member: 214557"By the way, I'm thinking to do old F1 car mod next, from the days when they called it Grand Prix.[/QUOTE]

Please please please DO!! Anything from the 50s or 60s would be awesome!

I'm enjoying your Jag so much, btw - thank you!

Slightly off topic, but I would just like to say that this thread has made me realise that RD could actually fill the "sensible, mature, relevant discussion" hole that Kunos left when they shut down the Mods section of the AC forum.

I have been rather reluctant until now to post anything on RD as the first few threads I looked at were just showing ripped models or ripped tracks and I didn't want to be associated with that kind of scene.

But thanks to you guys and your great attitude / work, I am starting to feel more at home - thank you! :thumbsup:

Slightly off topic, but I would just like to say that this thread has made me realise that RD could actually fill the "sensible, mature, relevant discussion" hole that Kunos left when they shut down the Mods section of the AC forum.

I have been rather reluctant until now to post anything on RD as the first few threads I looked at were just showing ripped models or ripped tracks and I didn't want to be associated with that kind of scene.

But thanks to you guys and your great attitude / work, I am starting to feel more at home - thank you! :thumbsup:
I think it's too late to rescue modding the way it was. Many casual modders probably found their threads locked weeks after the purge without indication why, and left it for good. I'm especially sad about all those promising unique track projects (that one Swedish guy with the 20 km loop springs to mind)

The winners of it were those ad ridden sites and rip users.

Just like we said it would when it happened. (I did, anyway.) :(

Oh well. We're better off looking to the future, not the past. It may be a shrunken community but maybe that just means that the talent has been concentrated.

I'll write something up soon about the physics, but for now... yes, understeer should be prevalent with oversteer available on throttle application. Just as the test drivers described it in the 60s. ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 387 39.8%