Cars Jaguar XJ13 1967 W.I.P.

Your not wrong about BH! T3 (going by the map below) is very scary in this car!! "the hairpin" is difficult to master as well, you have to go wide on entry to get good drive off the corner.
UsE-THIStrackscan.jpg

If your Mercedes is as fun to drive as the Jaguar then I really cant wait to drive it! Driving the Jaguar around Bridgehampton has made me want to race it online again, ideally on it's own this time so we can drive it untainted by ballast :p

Obviously we will have to add your GUID to a blacklist if the Mercedes isnt finished :roflmao:

Your not wrong about BH! T3 (going by the map below) is very scary in this car!! "the hairpin" is difficult to master as well, you have to go wide on entry to get good drive off the corner.
UsE-THIStrackscan.jpg

If your Mercedes is as fun to drive as the Jaguar then I really cant wait to drive it! Driving the Jaguar around Bridgehampton has made me want to race it online again, ideally on it's own this time so we can drive it untainted by ballast :p

Obviously we will have to add your GUID to a blacklist if the Mercedes isnt finished :roflmao:
That flag with the #3 is actually flag station #3. The turn is actually T2 ;)

Are you FORCING me to finish W125 ? It depends on what you call "finished mod" :D Mercedes is really entertaining already, I don't know if it is VERY VERY realistic, but I think @aphidgod got sorted out a lot of basic things very quickly, and it feels quite believable, something totally different, of course a bit familiar to 250F. Most challenging will be animating suspensions, I don't like animating, and I barely can lol (yet).

Nice to hear ! If you only wish guys. I would like to participate.

I always get oversteer when exiting "the hairpin", entertaining curve. Milstone and whole Arents section is most challenging to me. Milstone is challenging to exit properly, and Arents always either entering (blind) or exiting is difficult, maybe blind entering is what scares most :)

By the way just recently used to hotlap at VIR patriot course, it is fresh experience, especially after you get familiar with layout, those little kart tracks can be really entertaining with a car.

That flag with the #3 is actually flag station #3. The turn is actually T2 ;)

yeah i wondered about that, i almost said in my post where is T1 and before i decided to search for a map i had that "T3" corner as T2 in my head :/ still kinda works to clarify where i mean... unless we are discussing T9 :D

I hope @NightEye87 will be able to inform me about what important has been said. All I was thinking was - omg it twinkles so much lol, and why i haven't did that simple fix for rimblur lol :D Also - I need to redo wiper.
The twinkling is spot on with real life car paint, I'd say :) "Edit": okay, at about 2:40 it sparkles a lot.. no idea why. Never seen that before.

This is what I could get from the video (he talks so fast!):
The signing plate behind the steering wheel lacks a bit of texture.
The handling is "weird", but that may be down to the car itself. He is not questioning the mod :)
Some general thoughts on handling, but that's just how it is (early braking, lift off oversteer, etc).

Some unfixed rim blurs could be down to one of my skins. Has anything changed again? If not, I'll double check if all skins use the correct rim blur.

Hmm, maybe I didn't include normal map for plate behind the wheel, I don't remember.... However, and actually shouldn't be shiny, I think that particular one is not even metal....

Yeah rimblur needs better rim_map. Fixed rim_map is included in aphidgod's color pack. That is so minor fix, everybody could do it, but it changes rimblur appearance from an angle so much.

Yeah exactly, highlights are fine, but those little sparkles, such as at 2'40 are really weird. Like if a single faces would shine for a moment. Will be solved.

The plaque is brass, I'd say highly likely that it's engraved/stamped with the text (= normal map) and it probably shouldn't shine very much as it will have oxidized since it's not varnished, and if any of you have ever played a brass instrument (saxophone for me, a woodwind but made of brass) you'll know how dull and lusterless it gets in the places where it's not clearcoated.

I've already mentioned the sparkling so I'll just take this as me no longer needing to post a quick video example. ;)

Just a quick question, is anyone else having the issue of no exterior sounds after the new update? :cry:

I haven't changed anything within the mod before or after so, can't be anything i've done

Just a quick question, is anyone else having the issue of no exterior sounds after the new update? :cry:

I haven't changed anything within the mod before or after so, can't be anything i've done
AC 1.9 broke external sounds. An update will have to be applied to the Jag to make it work again. Or there are a few temporary workarounds out there.

Yes, it was supposed to be so. :)

Sound is already pretty much updated, just some fine tuning has to be done.

I think update could be released in a week or two.

Model will get updated too, I have already done a lot of adjusting, fixing, detailing all over the model. These are a lot of little things, but they adds up. Such as better edges around carbs, better fender eyebrows edges, better badge, better door handle cutout and so on....

FBTzFdh.jpg

And it is awesome at Silv67.

Lods B,C,D are somewhere done. Maybe they could go even lighter, it is a bit difficult, I don't wan't to reduce detail too much. However, each LOD has geometry reduced by half. So it really helps with performance. Official cars seems to have each LODs geometry reuced three times, not too easy to achieve. At least for first time.

I need help, though. I have problem with Cockpit_LR in the main LOD. When I have its objects inactive in ksEditor, then it doesn't appear when LOD is switched on in game. But if I make it active in editor, then it appears in showroom on top.... Looks bad.

It is weird, because it doesn't happen with Rimblur. I have it inactive in ksEditor, and it doesn't showup in showroom, and works fine in game.

By the way. What dummies I should use to have showroom transition from exterior to interior ?

Thanks.

By the way. What dummies I should use to have showroom transition from exterior to interior ?
Thanks.

FLYCAM_L(or R)_0..5 where 0 is far from the car and 5 is at the seats positions.
I need help, though. I have problem with Cockpit_LR in the main LOD. When I have its objects inactive in ksEditor, then it doesn't appear when LOD is switched on in game. But if I make it active in editor, then it appears in showroom on top.... Looks bad.
For the interior you'll need the COCKPIT_LR and COCKPIT_HR dummies, put the necessary objects inside them (hierarchy) and voilá :) No need to set the objects to inactive, just use F3 inside the editor to test if its working and save the persistence with the LR interior "switched off" ;)

Last edited:
All I needed was to press F3 in editor. Thank you :)

Great help, but decided to postpone FLYCAM because doors are not animated (shame on me). But I'll know how to do it now.
is there a button to make dirt and scratches disappear too? For some reason both appear on my 996 when I want to generate new preview pics, and in the showroom (not ingame tho)

@AccAkut I have no experience with dirt and damage textures. I know that there is "dirt" values in the shader, maybe you have left it on there. But I guess you would have checked it already.

Or there is in icon in the right side, just under "EXT/INT" icon. With broken glass. Maybe it is it. Don't know whats the shortcut key.

@soverlands How did you know that shartcut for that action was F3 ?

Maybe try to press F4, Akut :D

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies