Cars Jaguar XJ13 1967 W.I.P.

Yeah, I think it is true. Hierarchy can also be changed later, inside ksEditor. I guess you could have dealt with it while working with Assen TT.

Many stuff to improve/fix for XJ... it never ends :D

I remember Aris once posted something on this matter. Something to do with the FBX hierarchy (top most objects being drawn first or something?). Could have misinterpreted that though..
just remember that just changing priority of the mesh is not enough in many cases. If for example the glass is parented to the COCKPIT_HR empty, you need to change priority of the empty, not the mesh itself.

Raced again today with the GT40, 908LH and XJ13. This time online. With audio adjusted for the GT40, if I click to view the guys in the XJ13's or switch to TV cam it is blow the speakers level of loud :p Try viewing an XJ13 with your audio adjusted for the Ford. I have to switch opponent volume to 1 or 2 at the moment for it to be about right. I hope the audio guy will adjust the levels to fit with Kunos cars when he gets the chance.

I don't know very much about the work involved in adding another car with the 440bhp engine, is it just copy and paste and replace the power file? Words can't describe how much I would like to see that version added... I think it would be perfect for racing the Jaguar with the Porsche and Ford. It's a bit too quick in a straight line with the current version.

Pretty please, maybe possibly in the future, if it is perhaps maybe possible... :thumbsup:;):);):thumbsup::D

I get that the Jaguar looked like it was going to destroy the Ford's based on testing and the AC version reflects this. Was it the MK1 or the AC version that it looked set to beat? Even if it is the version we have I think another car folder with the 440bhp engine would be worth it for mixed grid use. If I can make the Jag work I will have a 3 car grid with cars that I like from the same era for the first time in AC.

Oh snap ! You guys raced XJ today, nice. Completely missed it... Did you notice any handling changes after 1'11 ? We think it is more lift-off oversteer sensitive now.

I hope too, that our sound guy will hear you. There were some problems with volumes.

Maybe we could just put in earlier engine, I think it is very fast with that one anyway. I remember just few laps with it, and I remember it not being very different pace.

Other choice, as you suggested RPM limmiter, even though it maybe might be inaccurate, but for online racing maybe... |

Yeah straights is where XJ13 owns it. A lot of power and superior aero.

Oh snap ! You guys raced XJ today, nice. Completely missed it... Did you notice any handling changes after 1'11 ? We think it is more lift-off oversteer sensitive now.

I'd like to race these 3 on a fairly regular basis (hence me spamming your thread about the XJ's pace)
I was in the GT40 today so can't comment on the XJ13, you could try asking in the ALOOG1 thread but it seems fairly dead. Some of the regulars don't often post there.

I hope too, that our sound guy will hear you. There were some problems with volumes.
I like the sound I think he just needs to adjust the levels to bring inline with Kunos content.

Maybe we could just put in earlier engine, I think it is very fast with that one anyway. I remember just few laps with it, and I remember it not being very different pace.

Other choice, as you suggested RPM limmiter, even though it maybe might be inaccurate, but for online racing maybe... |

Yep any of the above would be absolutely fantastic! The Jaguar seems fastest off the S/F line and similar in the corners to the other 2 cars but the straight line performance is just a little too good at the moment. It is tantalizingly close pace... I can't resist to ask :redface:

Gimme a few mins to get to a real keyboard and I'll update this post with helpful stuff.

Ok. Sorry, was on my phone and with a freshly-sliced right index finger, anything more than a few words was painful to type. Literally. :cry: :p

Anyway... on the sounds, we actually got an update for them last night from iRacer with the global volume lowered, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. We all agree it was too loud - it's been addressed. :)

On the power thing, if you want to test the pace of the car now to see if it's worth it, the procedure is very simple: I've included all 3 power curves in the data folder, labelled power[xxx].lut where 'xxx' is the peak bhp rating. To do an 'engine swap' on this thing, simply delete power.lut from the folder and copy power[445].lut in its place. (Don't just rename it, make a copy and then rename it. This way you still have all 3 options backed up and you can swap at will.)

On the physics in general, yes, IMO it felt fantastic after 1.11.0 but this car generates aero lift, which was bugged until 1.11.3, and now that's fixed the thing's a bit of a deathtrap. I've been working on it for the last couple of nights and I think we're getting close.

Can't say for sure (Mantas is the boss) but I'd expect an update sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
On the physics in general, yes, IMO it felt fantastic after 1.11.0 but this car generates aero lift, which was bugged until 1.11.3, and now that's fixed the thing's a bit of a deathtrap. I've been working on it for the last couple of nights and I think we're getting close.

Just out of curiousity, do you know if the front tie rods are correct, no typo's or anything?

I was having loads of trouble under braking, the car going from side to side, and was sure there was some bad bumpsteer going on. I checked the Suspension App which shows the rear, and it was nothing out of the normal.

So i checked the fronts, and realised it under heavy braking, the fronts were toeing in a huge amount! Under acceleration the fronts (default setup) are around -0.3 degrees, then when braking hard they go to around 0.8 degrees. I think its causing a lot of lateral instability, mostly under braking.

I can't imagine Jag designing that in, but if they did then I'll just have to live with it! :p

No, there shouldn't be that much movement up front. I had it set up to go a couple tenths one way and maybe a tenth the other... I'm not sure what might've changed (genuinely, shouldn't have been anything) but that's way off.

There's absolutely no data on steering geometry, but the text does mention that the rack was installed, then removed and modified to deal with bumpsteer. I've always given them credit for doing a reasonably good job with that modification.

Edit: Now that I've stewed about it a while, I think it may be connected to the bug Abbo found with the top front wishbone point not translating with RIM_OFFSET. Now that's been fixed, I bet the geometry is askew. If I'm right, it's a 2-click fix. Nice spot, Gary.

Last edited:
My green car at my green track:

QPuFRHT.jpg

Two eternal WIP's, one is just started

Few screenshots from showroom, trying to improve under body ambient shadow on the ground, thanks to Jadonyx :)

CZnK32J.jpg

Just had to go for Nemuno Žiedas track, also RL is not leaving much room lately, it is usual that I have to choose between racing online or modding. Can not do both, as proper online session is 1-2hours. I'm a simracer in the first place, modder in the second. Usually I'd spend one evening modding, other racing, if I have spare time in the first place. Sorry to everybody who is waiting for W125 and next update of XJ13 all hopes for this summer :) Anyway sooner or later I'll finish my projects.

Perhaps should stop spending time at forums which takes 20-50mins per day, I'm sure. But I like to be part of the community.

Yes, I wish mods would be downloaded only from there where the author uploads them, not from any other silly reposters sites and phasebook nonsense groups.

In this case from this site, from the link above :)

Thanks @Ben O'Bro

By the way, I wouldn't be downloading it now, as it will be updated late summer, or in autumn.

@Seria17hri11er Sorry, I can not make it right now, I have been asked to do something else in one month.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%