Cars Jaguar XJ13 1967 W.I.P.

@AccAkut I have no experience with dirt and damage textures. I know that there is "dirt" values in the shader, maybe you have left it on there. But I guess you would have checked it already.

Or there is in icon in the right side, just under "EXT/INT" icon. With broken glass. Maybe it is it. Don't know whats the shortcut key.

@soverlands How did you know that shartcut for that action was F3 ?

Maybe try to press F4, Akut :D
Those panels on the right don't do anything, except the one changing the sun location around... will have to check tomorrow evening.

@mantasisg Actually I think there's no shortcut for the damage, I'm just used to that F1(rim blur) and F3 hotkeys since the first public version of the editor (before those buttons on the right side)

@AccAkut Those buttons on the right should work for that, the catch here is save persistence and make the export with blur/damage/interior_LR switched off (using those buttons or the hotkeys).

I saw the rep of the XJ13 at the NEC at the weekend, definitely gave me a whole new level of appreciation for this mod. Its always good to recognise details you see on AC when you go to see the real thing for the first time and vice versa!

15000715_10211016817157891_6819161058228854846_o.jpg

I'd love to see and hear that replica in anger. I wonder if the joints and nodes can take potential loads which would be inevitable under heavy driving. It has powerful engine. Here in AC we can not worry about that :D

I rated sad because I'm jealous. After all these hundreds of hours spent studying this car and helping bring it to simulated life I feel almost like a part of it, but in reality I'll probably never get that close and nothing I've done will mean as much to the car's legacy as it's meant to me. It's like falling in love with a woman in a magazine...

I drove your car just this morning in AC, testing my track before I uploaded a link, and it simply makes me happy. It's such a joyous experience to drive it :geek:

@Fat-Alfie Thanks :) And thanks for making that track, I'm starting to really get into it. There are quite some stuff to learn about it.

Here is a black Jaguar cat in its natural habitat:
8KNf2oa.jpg

@aphidgod Oh thats why. I thought you hit that emoji by accident xD

I don't even dream getting near to that car, seems a bit unreal. Wouldn't even know what to do. Unless they would suggest me to drive it. HAHA, not really.

Hey there, people. I hope you like this mod, we are slightly blown away by amount of downloads, nearly 10 000 ! It is unbelievable for me actually. Maybe all reposters sites and FB reposting communities forgot about it, so all people came to RD haha

Today I have been surprised by this great review, check it out, check his other reviews too, I think he does pretty good job :)

I've a suggestion. Something I have wanted to see from Kunos is air restrictors, is it possible to add this to mod cars in the setup screen? Obviously this car is relatively close pace with the GT40 and it would be great to limit the XJ13's power output rather than add ballast. Ballast can have negative consequences like altering FFB feel and causing the tyres to deteriorate too quickly. If this isn't possible/not something you want to do, what about an engine (rpm) limiter something like 80-100%. This is less desirable than air restrictors for me but would still do the job.

I did work up all 3 power curves from the book - the motor made 445hp when it was first installed, 472 later in the development phase and eventually 502, although that was on the test bench and it was noted that the conditions necessary to break 500 were quite specific and might not be reliably achievable in race conditions. (Thus I went with 472 for the mod.)

Nevertheless, the 445 file should still be in the data folder. Everyone on the server would need to do some renaming to pass checksum, it's not elegant. But it's there. Should reduce the necessary ballast a bit.

If you want to try experimenting with RPM limiter I can make you the necessary files.

If me.. i'm good thanks, participation with mod content is often low. With a modded mod car it would be virtually nonexistent. Thanks for the reply though.

If you guys get bored and want more work :D (I doubt this is the case) you could always include 2 folders in future updates an early and a late a bit like the old Cobra mod with the Replica, Street and Competition cars. Only worth it if the car is inline with the GT40 running the 445bhp engine I guess.

We thought about it... we'd even considered trying to model the '66 body to go with the early motor (i.e. in "day of birth" trim) and then the later body as we have now to go with the later version of the motor.

I recall it still being a little quicker than the GT with 445, but it definitely gets closer. You can always experiment with it. Making a new data folder or even an S1 for you guys is 2 minutes' work if you want it. :)

I noticed this morning, and it's not a criticism, just an observation. Objects seen through the glass look particularly desaturated and 'milky'. I never noticed this until today, and it's not something I have seen on Kunos' cars. Could this just be a shader setting?
Screenshot_jaguar_xj13_thomson_17-12-116-7-24-46.jpg

Hmm, I don't know exactly. Saturation problem might be caused by some shader parameter, I have been starting to notice this issue with windows transparency drawing order lately. Looks like "backwall" window is drawn first, I should make it's drawing priority to 2nd or even 3rd.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back