GSCE v1.20 Bug Report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.20 release thread.

EDITS - IMPORTANT!

EDIT1: Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you right away but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Avoid repeating reports by trying some recommended solutions below to known problems:

Measures to try regarding the various CTDs / crashdumps:

1-Run GSCSync again or install from the RAR update packages, make sure you have the lastest GSC.exe;

2- If you had mods installed, try deleting your Gamedata\Shared folder and running GSC Sync again to restore the v1.20 shaders (refer to the note regarding issues with 3rd party mods & tracks in the opening post GSCE V1.20 Released).

3- Add a DEP exception for GSC.exe. (System Properties > Advanced > Performance > Data Execution Prevention) - This is a temporary solution, we´ll fix the issue proper in an upcoming update

Regarding stuttering:

-Try deleting your USERDATA\LOG file, and creating a fresh player profile (PLR);

Regarding shadow flickering issue:

- Try creating a shortcut to GSC.exe and add -fullproc to the command line, performance will be worse but it might prevent the issue from happening.

Please direct further bug reports to this thread.

Last edited:
Big AI Problems. If you listen to the cars(Extreme,Classics,V12 and Retros) when they are accelerating... they are, what sounds like full throttle and spinning up the rear tires when exiting corners. They seem to be able to cope with the rears spinning better on some tracks more than others. Montreal has got to be the worst for me. Here they spin out and crash VERY often.
Get in any Extreme car while it leaves the pit lane.The Cars go off speed limiter to absolute full throttle as soon as the car crosses the white line. This behavior continues for all cars circulating the track while coming out of slow speed corners.

Agree (hence my separate thread on this :). )

This has gone from the best AI game / sim to where at some tracks it unplayable with AI - hope This can be fixed!

Stock Car quali rules are, half the field take part in q1, the other half in q2, and the top 10 aggregate times take part in q3. This is done to minimise traffic issues from a large field on the relatively short tracks the series run.
So in order for it to work, I need to edit the PLR file to run 3 quali sessions, is that right? Thanks for the help guys.

Can anyone help me, I can start the game up, choose what car and track etc but as soon as I press the button to exit the garage the game crashes. I have tried syncing and that seems fine so is there anything else i could do without doing a fresh install

Im having a problem since last version, which continues to operate in this new version. My steering lock settings only appear to work correctly in multiplayer sessions. Whenever I try to race in single player (race or practice), I need to turn my wheel twice as much to have the same effect (which make it unplayable) with the exact same settings. Im using a T500 set to 540 degrees (both in Control Panel and in game). I hope this can be fixed.

Im having a problem since last version, which continues to operate in this new version. My steering lock settings only appear to work correctly in multiplayer sessions. Whenever I try to race in single player (race or practice), I need to turn my wheel twice as much to have the same effect (which make it unplayable) with the exact same settings. Im using a T500 set to 540 degrees (both in Control Panel and in game). I hope this can be fixed.

Do you use the same steering lock in car setups? For 540 degrees, i like to use 22-24 degrees or so, for good allround turnability. If set too low, it will have the effect you describe.

Two Bug Reports:
Formula Extreme
Interlagos GP
100% distance
Championship mode.
Already mentioned re Stock V8s I think, but there is a similar problem with the scoring in Formula Extreme Championship.
Report 1: Scoring problem
I started a new championship, went through practice 1 & 2, then qualifying, then on to warmup. If I exit at this point, there are already points awarded, even though the race has not run yet.

Report 2:
If I run the event from first practice to end of race without leaving, the game awards points twice. I believe it is issuing points for qualifying, as well as for the race.

[BTW it began to look like there might be a save feature between qualifying and race (which would be fantastic!) - during one test I exited the game during warmup, and when I loaded and resumed later, I was back in the warmup with the drivers all in the correct order from qualifying!! Hooray.
BUT my excitement was short-lived for when I then finished the warmup, the race began with a totally different starting grid. It was seemingly random but I could not work out where the order was taken from, it did not look like the warmup order, and certainly was not the qualifying order. Just throwing that in in case it is of any use to Reiza].

Richard, could you kindly try that same test but also dropping player detail / opponent detail from full to high and then from high to medium?

Certainly.

Running the formula Vee's at anything other than full for player/opponent detail, gives me artifacts in cockpit, as well as what appears to be no aniso at all/lack of textures on tires and opponent cars?

See attached screenshots:

High detail, practice session, notice still 99% usage but graphics on steering wheel for instance is artifacted -

Medium detail, practice session, still 95-100% usage, more artifacts, and texture faults -

Medium detail, advance to qualifying session, usage drops significantly (around 45%) but still the same usages as in full more or less, and graphics is still bugged -

If i revert back to "full" quality, no texturing issues, and usages are the same (meaning both same as before and same as in medium quality).
The same goes for V12's and the stuttering and high GPU usage. No difference at all between "full"/"high"/"medium".

Two Bug Reports:
Formula Extreme
Interlagos GP
100% distance
Championship mode.
Already mentioned re Stock V8s I think, but there is a similar problem with the scoring in Formula Extreme Championship.
Report 1: Scoring problem
I started a new championship, went through practice 1 & 2, then qualifying, then on to warmup. If I exit at this point, there are already points awarded, even though the race has not run yet.

Report 2:
If I run the event from first practice to end of race without leaving, the game awards points twice. I believe it is issuing points for qualifying, as well as for the race.

[BTW it began to look like there might be a save feature between qualifying and race (which would be fantastic!) - during one test I exited the game during warmup, and when I loaded and resumed later, I was back in the warmup with the drivers all in the correct order from qualifying!! Hooray.
BUT my excitement was short-lived for when I then finished the warmup, the race began with a totally different starting grid. It was seemingly random but I could not work out where the order was taken from, it did not look like the warmup order, and certainly was not the qualifying order. Just throwing that in in case it is of any use to Reiza].

I beginning to think all the scoring is bugged because the scoring in F-Vee championship is wrong to, i DNF'd a race and got 10 points which put me up to second overall.

Hi guys, to those of you who are suffering with horrendous stuttering (i was), i've found a temporary solution which you may or may not know about, the solution is to replace GSCE's d3d9.dll with one from rfcentral called Wombats Nvidia_fps_fix, this worked for me after spending hours of fiddling with the graphics settings to no avail, but i'm not saying it will work for everybody, and please note this is for the guys with Nvidia Graphic cards.

For those that might be interested my system specs are:

Windows 7 64bit
AMD FX8320
8GB Gskill Ram @ 1600
Asus DirectCUII GTX 670 2GB

Hope this is of some use to somebody at least until Reiza have a fix/solution to this problem.

Hi guys, to those of you who are suffering with horrendous stuttering (i was), i've found a temporary solution which you may or may not know about, the solution is to replace GSCE's d3d9.dll with one from rfcentral called Wombats Nvidia_fps_fix, this worked for me after spending hours of fiddling with the graphics settings to no avail, but i'm not saying it will work for everybody, and please note this is for the guys with Nvidia Graphic cards.

For those that might be interested my system specs are:

Windows 7 64bit
AMD FX8320
8GB Gskill Ram @ 1600
Asus DirectCUII GTX 670 2GB

Hope this is of some use to somebody at least until Reiza have a fix/solution to this problem.

Hmm. Does this interfere with Reiza added effects, like HDR? Those are plugged in by the d3d9.dll in the folder or not?

Can anyone help me, I can start the game up, choose what car and track etc but as soon as I press the button to exit the garage the game crashes. I have tried syncing and that seems fine so is there anything else i could do without doing a fresh install

Hi. Are you loading / exiting a Reiza track or a Mod, as I used to have this with errant converted tracks, which is an error in the mod and not the game itself, if it is a Reiza track, is it happening with other Reiza default tracks? What else can you describe that can help Reiza recreate the problem.

Hi Richard,

I know that the track map does not work with it, but i'm not sure about the HDR though...although i cannot tell any difference
with the way the game looks...

EDIT: but like i said this is a temporary solution until there is a fix...

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos Gp
Car Used: formula xtreme
Applicable Settings:All graphics settings to max Res 2560 x 1440
down sampled to 1920 x 1080 virtual mirrors set to on in plr Repeat Shifts set to 0 aswell.
Report:With the above car track combo i'am having alot of game crashes when online
not tested in single player i think everyone else was having the same issue around 10 drivers
in the server also loosing ffb having to reset it every time i wanted to come out the garage
after returning to the pits.

Steps to reproduce:do the above track car combo.
Crashdump reports.
https://mega.co.nz/#!UBg23CqJ!RlKSJJIVxl0hqewwuibOvFpHyn-GEZlYLGECMDDbNbg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering