GSCE v1.20 Bug Report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.20 release thread.

EDITS - IMPORTANT!

EDIT1: Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you right away but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Avoid repeating reports by trying some recommended solutions below to known problems:

Measures to try regarding the various CTDs / crashdumps:

1-Run GSCSync again or install from the RAR update packages, make sure you have the lastest GSC.exe;

2- If you had mods installed, try deleting your Gamedata\Shared folder and running GSC Sync again to restore the v1.20 shaders (refer to the note regarding issues with 3rd party mods & tracks in the opening post GSCE V1.20 Released).

3- Add a DEP exception for GSC.exe. (System Properties > Advanced > Performance > Data Execution Prevention) - This is a temporary solution, we´ll fix the issue proper in an upcoming update

Regarding stuttering:

-Try deleting your USERDATA\LOG file, and creating a fresh player profile (PLR);

Regarding shadow flickering issue:

- Try creating a shortcut to GSC.exe and add -fullproc to the command line, performance will be worse but it might prevent the issue from happening.

Please direct further bug reports to this thread.

Last edited:
It seems that enven on multiplyer we aren´t able to select 2014 stock v8s
So we ran a multiplayer race this evening, we had 31 or 32 at Buenos Aires 8 in the 2014 Stock Cars. When it went to quali, only 16 people were allowed to qualify, the rest had to sit it out, almost as if practice had acted like a quali session itself. We tried race 2 with 2 quali sessions but again only the top 16 could qualify. Is this a bug please, Reiza?

Got to say the racing was epic, the cars and track.. wow Reiza, fantastic stuff I think everyone involved had a blast.

So... Further strange stuff with the GPU usage of Vee's... Notice the below screenshots from the same race. The first is GPU usage 99% or so standing still att start of practice. Note, practice session. So, i advance to Qualifying, then usage drops to 45-50% at the same spot, same number of AI, same track, same session, what have you...

I still can not for the life of me understand this...

Also, tried to delete HAT folder and created a new player profile. Still stutters like crazy dropping frames and freezing when using V12 or Vee or Retro. Smooth as butter on all other content and tracks.

Running in packs of AI increases this, and any dustclouds still give me an increase in GPU usage from 25% to 100%.

Look over LOD/Models and rendering filters please. The engine is old, but the problems probably stem from the graphical updates to it...

Practice session GPU 99%:

Qualifying during same race session, same start pos, same AI, same everything, just advanced weekend one step, GPU 49% (!!?):

So we ran a multiplayer race this evening, we had 31 or 32 at Buenos Aires 8 in the 2014 Stock Cars. When it went to quali, only 16 people were allowed to qualify, the rest had to sit it out, almost as if practice had acted like a quali session itself. We tried race 2 with 2 quali sessions but again only the top 16 could qualify. Is this a bug please, Reiza?

Stock Car quali rules are, half the field take part in q1, the other half in q2, and the top 10 aggregate times take part in q3. This is done to minimise traffic issues from a large field on the relatively short tracks the series run.

Stock Car quali rules are, half the field take part in q1, the other half in q2, and the top 10 aggregate times take part in q3. This is done to minimise traffic issues from a large field on the relatively short tracks the series run.
If I recall correctly the same 16 cars that had a go in Q1 could run in Q2, so the cars that put in a time lower than top 16 in practice did not get to qualify at all

Restarted my stock car championship using 2014, ran the first race, winning by 20 or so seconds but has me placed 4th in drivers points.
Any ideas? Don't feel like running another full championship race without a fix....lol.

Just started a vee championship and the same thing is happening. Finished first. Shows me 2nd in championship after that first race. Tested a formula extreme championship and same thing. After the first race, the first 2 drivers have 45 points. RFM shows 25 points for a 1st place. You are probably aware of it but wanted to mention it just in case. thank you

We will release a v1.21 to fix some of the main issues reported. To keep things productive please keep the more concise and thorough reports coming, those are helpful. Posting at the 1st sign of difficulty without investigating potential causes, less so.
Oi, em primeiro lugar me desculpe por postar em português. Em segundo parabéns pelo trabalho que vocês vem desenvolvendo.
Gostaria de sugerir que houvesse um subforum específico para relatar bugs e assim fossem criados tópicos exclusivos para determinado problema.
Creio que ficaria mais fácil para usuários saberem se o suposto problema já foi relatado e se já existe solução e também mais fácil para vocês tanto a identificação quanto o numero de usuários afetados por determinado bug melhorando a comunicação Reiza/usuários e facilitando a definição de prioridades.
Saudações e abraços.

ps: sorry all for posting in portuguese

Big AI Problems. If you listen to the cars(Extreme,Classics,V12 and Retros) when they are accelerating... they are, what sounds like full throttle and spinning up the rear tires when exiting corners. They seem to be able to cope with the rears spinning better on some tracks more than others. Montreal has got to be the worst for me. Here they spin out and crash VERY often.
Get in any Extreme car while it leaves the pit lane.The Cars go off speed limiter to absolute full throttle as soon as the car crosses the white line. This behavior continues for all cars circulating the track while coming out of slow speed corners.

Just started a vee championship and the same thing is happening. Finished first. Shows me 2nd in championship after that first race. Tested a formula extreme championship and same thing. After the first race, the first 2 drivers have 45 points. RFM shows 25 points for a 1st place. You are probably aware of it but wanted to mention it just in case. thank you

Hopefully fixed, deleted the results folder (generates again) and the SC 2013 entries from Reiza 01.

It looked like it was still using results from my 2013 champ even tho it was a new season, first race.
To test I just DNFed the first new champ race and all points seem to be correctly allocated.

Hopefully fixed, deleted the results folder (generates again) and the SC 2013 entries from Reiza 01.

It looked like it was still using results from my 2013 champ even tho it was a new season, first race.
To test I just DNFed the first new champ race and all points seem to be correctly allocated.

Nope, tested again to be sure and still no good, odd points scored with multiple identical point scorers. Definitely calculating points incorrectly.

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos
Car Used: Formula Extreme
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: When I see other players online putting the 8th gear, their car simply lags and disappears, coming back feel moments later in the braking reduction, when they are not using the 8th gear anymore.
Steps to reproduce: Go play online with someone and ask to him/her to use the 8th gear

It solved my specific issue, yeah. However I wasn't suffering from your issues with the Vee - my problem was that *any* car had stutters in that specific Buenos Aires layout. Yours seems to be different.
Unlucky me so :(
Thanks Fabio. Will try now to let the game make the antialiasing as i think its possible to nvidia control panel (as someone suggest before). But, as i understand about Erickson previous post, its seem to be related to cpu overload. Don´t have much hope but will give a try.
If it works, i report here. If doesn´t, silence will be.
Cheers.

It solved my specific issue, yeah. However I wasn't suffering from your issues with the Vee - my problem was that *any* car had stutters in that specific Buenos Aires layout. Yours seems to be different.
Unlucky me so :(
Thanks Fabio. Will try now to let the game make the antialiasing as i think its possible to nvidia control panel (as someone suggest before). But, as i understand about Erickson previous post, its seem to be related to cpu overload. Don´t have much hope but will give a try.
If it works, i report here. If doesn´t, silence will be.
Cheers.

edit: repeated, dont know where to delete entire post

maybe its me, but i found the rear wheels seems apart from car:
xm4s3r.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like I cannot join my own server. I host one and a friend can join and things seem to be running smoothly. But when I try to join, the server stops responding. The dedicated app stays open, but the uptime stops ticking up and in game, I can see my friend in the player list but most buttons are greyed out and I cannot go on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back