GSCE v1.20 Bug Report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.20 release thread.

EDITS - IMPORTANT!

EDIT1: Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you right away but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Avoid repeating reports by trying some recommended solutions below to known problems:

Measures to try regarding the various CTDs / crashdumps:

1-Run GSCSync again or install from the RAR update packages, make sure you have the lastest GSC.exe;

2- If you had mods installed, try deleting your Gamedata\Shared folder and running GSC Sync again to restore the v1.20 shaders (refer to the note regarding issues with 3rd party mods & tracks in the opening post GSCE V1.20 Released).

3- Add a DEP exception for GSC.exe. (System Properties > Advanced > Performance > Data Execution Prevention) - This is a temporary solution, we´ll fix the issue proper in an upcoming update

Regarding stuttering:

-Try deleting your USERDATA\LOG file, and creating a fresh player profile (PLR);

Regarding shadow flickering issue:

- Try creating a shortcut to GSC.exe and add -fullproc to the command line, performance will be worse but it might prevent the issue from happening.

Please direct further bug reports to this thread.

Last edited:
Hi guys, a strange problem occurred i run a fresh installation of gsc v1.20 with the grinding tranny and the spotter mod, nothing else. With any Track/Vehicle every time i click on start to drive out of the garage the camera switch to trackside view instead of the cockpit one and i have to press "insert" to switch back into the cockpit. In the options under display the "Standart View" is set to cockpit and in the PLR. file "Starting View" is set to "1". Still every time i press the button to start driving, it change to trackside view, the same happens without those two mods installed.
Any Tips?
Problem solved: The option in Multiplayer-->Options-->Spectate was set to "On" it also affects the offline racing, set it to off, everything is fine, silly me.

For stuttering maybe it helps if you activate adaptive V-Sync with Triple Buffer on and pre-rendered frames set to 1 in your graphic card driver or Nvidia Inspector. Runs fine here with an old GTX470, no tearing and almost zero input-lag.

Last edited:
Edit: Nevermind, it is not a 'bug' per se, but it would be nice to choose the times that practice and quali sessions start (especially multiplayer) as it is too dark sometimes (Buenos Aires 8 practice 1 at 8am, for example)

Last edited:
2 problems...

Problem:
Enable/disable plugins not working
What I tried:
- Remapping it
- Unmapping it completely, then mapping it to a different key than previously
When did it start: Immediately after updating to v1.20 (from v1.15).

Problem: Realfeel audio does not work when realfeel audio set to "true" (SpeechEnabled=True)
What I tried:
- Setting it back to SpeechEnabled=False
- Updating to GSCE v1.20
- Raised all of the in-game audio settings
When did it start: Noticed as of v1.15 (issue may have occurred on previous versions.

I am EXTREMELY picky and sensitive when it comes to FFB and do a lot of editing of both, the real-feel and the controller file. This is extremely important to me.

Last edited:
The game is crashing for me all of a sudden. I enter the game, couple of clicks on the navigation arrows and freeze. A crash file is created and i have to kill the app.

*edit: got through on the third try now...crash again after exiting

Last edited:
but it would be nice to choose the times that practice and quali sessions start (especially multiplayer) as it is too dark sometimes (Buenos Aires 8 practice 1 at 8am, for example)
Try editing these in your player.plr file

- Practice1StartingTime="-1" // -3=random, -2=random daytime, -1=default RFM, 0-1439=minutes after midnight
- QualifyingStartingTime="-1" // -3=random, -2=random daytime, -1=default RFM, 0-1439=minutes after midnight
- WarmupStartingTime="-1" // -3=random, -2=random daytime, -1=default RFM, 0-1439=minutes after midnight

Qualyfing problem
Track & Layout Used:Every Track
Car Used:Stock Car V8
Applicable Settings:
Report:Every time when i try to drive the qualy i can't drive. Only the first 16 are on the track an can drive.
Steps to reproduce:

2014 V8 - Toca Rocha.
Speilberg Historic.
50 Lap Race. x2 fuel. No tyre ware.

Bug 1
Go off the track at turn 7, get penelty for cutting track, after loosing 15 seconds for missing breaking point and then rejoining as normal.

Bug 2
EDIT -- NOT A BUG! I had the MPH and KPH setting the wrong way around. My fault.
Speeding in pitlane when under the speed limit before crossing line. Not messed with rfm or plr file for pitlane speed.

Bug 3
Cutting track, going off at turn 6, off the track about 20 feet (in game measurements) then reentering, loosing about 15 seconds, still got penalty.

Both instances of going off track was due to race incident where multiple cars going for inside overtake, pushing me and other drivers wide in both instances of bug 1 and 3.

Last edited:
2 problems...

Problem:
Enable/disable plugins not working
What I tried:
- Remapping it
- Unmapping it completely, then mapping it to a different key than previously
When did it start: Immediately after updating to v1.20 (from v1.15).

Problem: Realfeel audio does not work when realfeel audio set to "true" (SpeechEnabled=True)
What I tried:
- Setting it back to SpeechEnabled=False
- Updating to GSCE v1.20
- Raised all of the in-game audio settings
When did it start: Noticed as of v1.15 (issue may have occurred on previous versions.

I am EXTREMELY picky and sensitive when it comes to FFB and do a lot of editing of both, the real-feel and the controller file. This is extremely important to me.

Not being possible to disable plugins is intentional. There is code being injected via plugins and it´s not supposed to be disabled.

Realfeel audio perhaps down to the realfeel samples not being included. Would have to check.

2014 V8 - Toca Rocha.
Speilberg Historic.

Bug 1
Go off the track at turn 7, get penelty for cutting track, after loosing 15 seconds for missing breaking point and then rejoining as normal.

Bug 2
Speeding in pitlane when under the speed limit before crossing line. Not messed with rfm or plr file for pitlane speed.

Bug 3
Cutting track, going off at turn 6, off the track about 20 feet (in game measurements) then reentering, loosing about 15 seconds, still got penalty.

Both instances of going off track was due to race incident where multiple cars going for inside overtake, pushing me and other drivers wide in both instances of bug 1 and 3.

Can you send me the replay file, with notes of which lap please?

Qualyfing problem
Track & Layout Used:Every Track
Car Used:Stock Car V8
Applicable Settings:
Report:Every time when i try to drive the qualy i can't drive. Only the first 16 are on the track an can drive.
Steps to reproduce:

Not a bug, this is how multiple qualifying work with Stock Car V8 (only half the field in q1 / q2 each, top 10 from the combined sessions go into q3).

We have however verified the multiple qualifying rules have been broken along the way towards v1.20 release. This will not be fixed for v1.21 but will be fixed in v1.25. For the moment our recommendation is to to NOT run more than 1 quali sessions at all or you will likely run into trouble.

Hi. Are you loading / exiting a Reiza track or a Mod, as I used to have this with errant converted tracks, which is an error in the mod and not the game itself, if it is a Reiza track, is it happening with other Reiza default tracks? What else can you describe that can help Reiza recreate the problem.
I have zero mods, I have told pretty much everything I can to be honest. I'm going to do a fresh install.

2014 V8 - Toca Rocha.
Speilberg Historic.

Bug 1

Bug 2
EDIT -- NOT A BUG! I had the MPH and KPH setting the wrong way around. My fault.

Bug 3

HI Reiza,

I was just going to ask you how to send it, then remembered I have set my replay folder to 'read only'. By coincidence, I did that in my efforts to try ideas of reducing some stuttering I had (I thought it may have been a read/write issue), I have now successfuly fixed the stuttering with the windows 'DEP' trick. In the meantime, I forgot to 'undo' the windows folder privileges to let replays record, as according to the default .plr file 'write to disk' setting. [Side note; I didn't change pit lane in the .plr because re-syncing the new 1.20 update often meant it was easier than restoring an edited file for now].

However, I quit my race before the end (at Speilberg Historic) twice before, both times due to the same 'cutting track' penalty, I will be attempting the race tonight or in the morning. I'll record it with the exact settings (with replays on). I'll try and reproduce it on the first few laps. Lastly, I have edited my bug report for pitlane speeding. I am happy to say I 'did' change it in the .gdb but I had KPH and MPH settings the wrong way around in-game, so that was completely my fault! Sorry about that.

EDIT, sorry I miss quoted REIZA's request to me,

Last edited:
Mentioned in other threads but not yet reported in the bug thread -
Retros, Formula Extremes, Formula Reiza, all seem to be spinning much more than previous version. (other cars not tested)

Example settings to reproduce problem:
Retros, Montreal 88, 90% AI, single race mode. In p1, most cars will spin around turn 5/6 and at last chicane, not every time, but very frequently.

Not being possible to disable plugins is intentional. There is code being injected via plugins and it´s not supposed to be disabled.

Realfeel audio perhaps down to the realfeel samples not being included. Would have to check.
It used to be possible. Will there be no way to enable/disable realfeel in-game anymore? Is manually going into the notepad files and setting "RealFeelIsOn=" to "False" going to be the only way to disable it from now on?

The in-game RealFeel audio definitely needs looking at, at the moment it is impossible to tell what is going on with all the different RealFeel parameters while trying to adjust it in-game with the keypad buttons. Some sort of visual text/#s pop-up, on-screen, while in-game would be even more beautiful for tuning the FFB :).

Can you send me the replay file, with notes of which lap please?

EDIT - Yes, I have the replay. I will be back online later or tomorrow, how do I get the file to you? I re-run the race this morning and got the same penalty in the same place with the same flag rules/car/track etc. I will re-watch the race replay and note the lap for you.

HI Reiza,

I was just going to ask you how to send it, then remembered I have set my replay folder to 'read only'. By coincidence, I did that in my efforts to try ideas of reducing some stuttering I had (I thought it may have been a read/write issue), I have now successfuly fixed the stuttering with the windows 'DEP' trick. In the meantime, I forgot to 'undo' the windows folder privileges to let replays record, as according to the default .plr file 'write to disk' setting. [Side note; I didn't change pit lane in the .plr because re-syncing the new 1.20 update often meant it was easier than restoring an edited file for now].

However, I quit my race before the end (at Speilberg Historic) twice before, both times due to the same 'cutting track' penalty, I will be attempting the race tonight or in the morning. I'll record it with the exact settings (with replays on). I'll try and reproduce it on the first few laps. Lastly, I have edited my bug report for pitlane speeding. I am happy to say I 'did' change it in the .gdb but I had KPH and MPH settings the wrong way around in-game, so that was completely my fault! Sorry about that.

EDIT, sorry I miss quoted REIZA's request to me,

Did some further test for the GPU usage problems with certain cars... Tried to revert to earlier drivers, to no avail. But i found that if you set medium on player detail, the thing the faulty cars have in common is texture bugs like on the Vee screenshotsmi posted earlier. This is true for the V12 as well for instance. And GPU usage still very high.

The cars that don't express this issue, do look normal in medium setting as well. On full they all look ok. As if there is some lod step or something missing...

@Reiza Studios, can you confirm if you load graphics by custom d3d9.dll in the gsc folder? If not, i could try the Wombat dll fix someone tried in the thread, but that would mess up some stuff i guess, if there is effects and such by Reiza in the file that is there now... Or maybe the vertex buffer issue discussed in Wombat fix is added already?

Truth be told however, i never used it in rFactor, and never had issues so i can not vouch for it being any solution to the problems.

Setting nvidia control panel setting to Maximum prerepndered frames 1 and Adaptive vsync on, fixes some of the stuttering by the way, but it makes the dust gpu usage problem worse.

Driving on one of the latest converted tracks like Sebring and then you go back to Burnos Aires the darker part of the tracks replicating rubber build up gets affected somehow and is changed to look like the converted tracks. the below images don't quite show the dramatic change and it is a lot more apparent when your driving in game... I just used Sebring as an example i believe they all will have the same effect. Does something need flushing from memory when changing tracks?
I have only installed tracks that had been updated in the forum here since the v1.20 release as i wanted to avoid "issues" like this. None of the tracks I installed since update place any files outside of the track specific folder whatsover

easy to replicate. Install Sebring available here. load the track, drive a lap. leave track & load Burnos Aires and see what it has done to the track look.

Burnos Aires BEFORE going to Sebring for example:
GSC2014-08-2121-22-52-263_zpsa26e4b69.png

Burnos Aires AFTER driving on Sebring for example:
GSC2014-08-2121-25-22-152_zpse29962d6.png

There are some gen optimizations for F-Vee, F-V12 and other high performance taking cars on the way for 1.21, so hopefully they should rectify the problems. I'm not sure about your d3d9.dll enquiry... there is a way to get two dlls working but it's a little complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back