GSCE v1.20 Bug Report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.20 release thread.

EDITS - IMPORTANT!

EDIT1: Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you right away but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Avoid repeating reports by trying some recommended solutions below to known problems:

Measures to try regarding the various CTDs / crashdumps:

1-Run GSCSync again or install from the RAR update packages, make sure you have the lastest GSC.exe;

2- If you had mods installed, try deleting your Gamedata\Shared folder and running GSC Sync again to restore the v1.20 shaders (refer to the note regarding issues with 3rd party mods & tracks in the opening post GSCE V1.20 Released).

3- Add a DEP exception for GSC.exe. (System Properties > Advanced > Performance > Data Execution Prevention) - This is a temporary solution, we´ll fix the issue proper in an upcoming update

Regarding stuttering:

-Try deleting your USERDATA\LOG file, and creating a fresh player profile (PLR);

Regarding shadow flickering issue:

- Try creating a shortcut to GSC.exe and add -fullproc to the command line, performance will be worse but it might prevent the issue from happening.

Please direct further bug reports to this thread.

Last edited:
I have very bad stuttering issues, so far on Buenos Aires with the Vee and the V12 F1 cars.
I have tried various tips, like changing exe to high priority in the task manager, selecting no time scale, lowering the number of AI.

Someone wrote "delete the LOG file and create a new plr."
By "LOG file" do you mean the "LOG folder"? Because I can't find a file called "LOG".

If anyone has the issue where you can't select 2014 cars in the 2014 Stock V8 championship, you need to edit the rfm reiza01, and remove (delete) the 2013 season so that only 2014 season remains. Pretty simple fix. Reiza, oversight from all your hard work ?? ;)

Anyone else?

Tried on a friends computer, the issue is the same for FV12 and FVee. Crazy GPU usage and massive framedrops. Even standing still in pits, if using AI...

What gives? I've told about this since 1.15 and no reply yet. Getting fed up. Something is not right. Shame as i had been looking forward to racing the Vees offline, but it is now unplayable.

Me. Already report that but no response from anyone from Reiza and i find quite strange you are the only one who notice that (massive performance drop with Fvee - tried on Interlagos and Cascavel, which is the worst)

Still the same issues i've had since 1.15 with some models, now including the Vee's. Massive stutter when loading AI cars in pitlane. Just like F V12's and F classic. GPU usage insane, just staring straight ahead in pits. 100% GPU usage staring in to the wall for Formula Vee. Then insane spikes from 14% GPU usage to 100% and frame drops from 60FPS. steady (400+ without vsync) to 35 frames per second. Often when cars pack up or smoke. On the other hand, full 35 car grid on V8's or F Extreme yields never above 30% GPU usage, no stutter, no problems. On any track.
Thank you for reporting these problems as you aren't alone encountering these issues. I'm sure it's a to-be-completed fix for Reiza like they did with the new tracks in version 1.15

Track & Layout Used: Spielberg
Car Used: Formula Vee
Applicable Settings: CPU i5 2500K, GPU GTX 680, Win 8.1 Pro x64 & latest Nvidia drivers. All graphical settings at maximum except for shadows which remain at high with no shadow blur. 33 cars visable.
Report: When sitting in the pit box, frame rate dips below 30fps; on track frame rate climbs to above 350 fps when running hotlaps by myself until the start/finish straight where frame rate drops approximately 100-150fps and rises again.

Same framerate issue with a 33 car grid; frame rate horrid in pitlane and when AI racing in a pack of 12+ cars frame rate dips from 200+ fps to anywhere between 70-50 fps.

I do not encounter the same frame rate issue running the 2014 Stock Cars.

Steps to reproduce:
select the same car and track combination and in-game watch the frame rate monitor when it pits and when out on track.

IM not sure this is a bug, but i dont see any AI improvments. :(

I use 90 % difficulty and AI drive the same way as before, usualy they are too slow in the first corner, at Japeracua for exaple they are way slower in the first corner then any other corner, for me atleast they feel slower then they should.

Anyone else notice AI beeing the same or have u experienced improvments?

Is anyone else having problems with the Formula Extreme qualifying format?
When I get to Q2, the leaderboard does not update correctly. It records their times but keeps all drivers in the order they finished Q1.
And regardless of their lap times in Q2, the top ten from Q1 go through to Q3.

As an example, Nico Rosberg(I edited their names) finished 11th in Q1.
In Q2 he went quickest by 0.3 seconds, but he remained in 11th slot.
Then when Q3 started, Rosberg was not in it - it took the finishing order from Q1 & he was still shown 11th.

REIZA, just to confirm, I retested this on a clean installation of GSCE, and Q2 is definitely not working correctly, maybe you can take a look.
(This is in single race mode, as this qualifying format does not appear at all in championship mode).

Last edited:
Is anyone else having problems with the Formula Extreme qualifying format?
When I get to Q2, the leaderboard does not update correctly. It records their times but keeps all drivers in the order they finished Q1.
And regardless of their lap times in Q2, the top ten from Q1 go through to Q3.

As an example, Nico Rosberg(I edited their names) finished 11th in Q1.
In Q2 he went quickest by 0.3 seconds, but he remained in 11th slot.
Then when Q3 started, Rosberg was not in it - it took the finishing order from Q1 & he was still shown 11th.

REIZA, just to confirm, I retested this on a clean installation of GSCE, and Q2 is definitely not working correctly, maybe you can take a look.
(This is in single race mode, as this qualifying format does not appear at all in championship mode).

Tested. I can confirm this as well. It indeed ignores Q2 result improvements all together.

TO ALL WITH STUTTERING !!!

it sounds weird, but it solved the problem on my side. it could be coincidence, but lets try it out...
how many GB do you have free on your harddrive/ssd? make sure that at least 20 GB of free space is left. thats the only thing i changed recently on my pc, and the game "healed" itself...

please try it out and report back :)

TO ALL WITH STUTTERING !!!

it sounds weird, but it solved the problem on my side. it could be coincidence, but lets try it out...
how many GB do you have free on your harddrive/ssd? make sure that at least 20 GB of free space is left. thats the only thing i changed recently on my pc, and the game "healed" itself...

please try it out and report back :)

Probably coincidence, since I have 90GB free on my HD with GSCE. I haven't tried the "no time scale" tip yet, though.

Hi guys/gals. New issue.

When selecting to do a championship in V8 2014, it only has 2013 cars as selection, if I make a custom reiza rFm, it has all the cars from 2013 and 2014, I select 2014, but only A.I are in 2013 cars. When I made a custom championship buy changing the scene order in the rFm, where I added all the other reiza tracks made upto this point, I can only select 2013 cars, even though I have the following;
// Game/Season Info:
Mod Name = Stock Car V8
Track Filter = StockV8
Vehicle Filter = OR: StockV8 reiza14 [<<< it has the 'OR', so they should be selectable?]
SafetyCar = CamaroSS_SC.veh

I noticed that in the .rFm file in rFm folder, the Stock V8 2014 championsip has 'reiza 14' only (which is all cars/tracks). I edited the reiza 14 to Stock V8 as a test;

Season = Stock Car V8
{
FullSeasonName = Stock Car Brasil V8 2014
BaseCreditMult = 0.0
MinExperience = 0
EntryFee = 0
Vehicle Filter = |Stock V8 (ORIGINALLY had REIZA 14, NOT Stock V8)

What else would cause this issue?
It seems that enven on multiplyer we aren´t able to select 2014 stock v8s

Sorry to report this Reiza, but there does seem to be something wrong with the reiza06.rfm information (Formula Extreme).

As previously posted, Q2 and Q3 do not work in single race mode, the drivers start the race in order of where they finished in Q1. And in championship mode the qualifying reverts to the traditional single session.

Also, if I select 100% race distance, it sets *every* race at 70 laps, for *all* circuits.
Other session durations and laps seemed to be acting strangely too (I didn't make a note of it, so I'm sorry I forget exactly what it was), so I have temporarily fixed it by deleting all the qualy & practice session info from the rfm, and put my own race & session info in the track gdb file so that it works.
Really hope you can fix the qualy sessions though.

Hope I don't seem to be complaining, I really appreciate all the work you put in, and the free updates, this is far & away the greatest sim I have ever had the pleasure of driving. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back