GSCE v1.20 Bug Report thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renato Simioni

Reiza Studios
Please concentrate your bug reports on this thread.

If you may please elect to adapt the following report form below:

Track & Layout Used:
Car Used:
Applicable Settings:
Report:
Steps to reproduce:

Ex:

Track & Layout Used: Montreal 88
Car Used: Formula V12
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: After losing front wing the car gets airborn above around 100mph.
Steps to reproduce: Crash and lose front wing, drive fast ;)

For any difficulties related to installing, running or setting up the game which are not necessarily bugs in the software, please use the v1.20 release thread.

EDITS - IMPORTANT!

EDIT1: Please allow time for us to test, verify and rectify the issues. We might not reply to you right away but rest assured if you posted here, we will have read it.

Avoid repeating reports by trying some recommended solutions below to known problems:

Measures to try regarding the various CTDs / crashdumps:

1-Run GSCSync again or install from the RAR update packages, make sure you have the lastest GSC.exe;

2- If you had mods installed, try deleting your Gamedata\Shared folder and running GSC Sync again to restore the v1.20 shaders (refer to the note regarding issues with 3rd party mods & tracks in the opening post GSCE V1.20 Released).

3- Add a DEP exception for GSC.exe. (System Properties > Advanced > Performance > Data Execution Prevention) - This is a temporary solution, we´ll fix the issue proper in an upcoming update

Regarding stuttering:

-Try deleting your USERDATA\LOG file, and creating a fresh player profile (PLR);

Regarding shadow flickering issue:

- Try creating a shortcut to GSC.exe and add -fullproc to the command line, performance will be worse but it might prevent the issue from happening.

Please direct further bug reports to this thread.

Last edited:
Thanks, took a few tries, but I got the tracks loading after deleting Shared folder content and re-sync'ing. My issue was the resync tool was not working correctly.

THANKS Again for posting help info.
RKip

Track & Layout Used: Any
Car Used: Any
Applicable Settings: n/a
Report: Steering assistent doesn´t completely disable
Steps to reproduce: Turn your wheel full left or right and starting making up speed, you´ll that the ingame steering wheel starts to autocener, another wy to reproduce this is by driving really fast like 150kmh and turn all the way to the lest or right, the ingame steering won´t do it.

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED

Last edited:
I have no arms animation in cockpit view, in any open wheeler on any track. They are there in TV Cockpit view. But in the FVee TV cockpit the arms are static but the wheel turns. Have changed FOV but still nothing?

No cars have driver arms in cockpit view. The F-Extreme, F-Reiza, F-3, F-Classic, F-V12 have movable arms from TV cameras. The others are stactic. This inconsistency is related to the current limitations for driver animations.

Last edited:
Hi guys/gals. New issue.

When selecting to do a championship in V8 2014, it only has 2013 cars as selection, if I make a custom reiza rFm, it has all the cars from 2013 and 2014, I select 2014, but only A.I are in 2013 cars. When I made a custom championship buy changing the scene order in the rFm, where I added all the other reiza tracks made upto this point, I can only select 2013 cars, even though I have the following;
// Game/Season Info:
Mod Name = Stock Car V8
Track Filter = StockV8
Vehicle Filter = OR: StockV8 reiza14 [<<< it has the 'OR', so they should be selectable?]
SafetyCar = CamaroSS_SC.veh

I noticed that in the .rFm file in rFm folder, the Stock V8 2014 championsip has 'reiza 14' only (which is all cars/tracks). I edited the reiza 14 to Stock V8 as a test;

Season = Stock Car V8
{
FullSeasonName = Stock Car Brasil V8 2014
BaseCreditMult = 0.0
MinExperience = 0
EntryFee = 0
Vehicle Filter = |Stock V8 (ORIGINALLY had REIZA 14, NOT Stock V8)

What else would cause this issue?

Mentioned in another thread, but I thought it should be reported in the official bug thread -
The Formula 1 style qualifying (3 sessions) does not work in championship mode (Formula Extreme). It reverts to a single qualifying session.
(It works fine in single race mode)
Also (possibly connected), in the rfm, the qualifying settings do not work - the number of drivers who go through to the next session remain the same whatever numbers are put in here.

Can anybody create a Stock V8 2014 championship, and see if you can select 2014 cars? And then if so, just quickly load the practice sessions to the first race to see if they are using the 2014 cars as opposed to the 2013 cars, which is happening to me. THANKS!

Still the same issues i've had since 1.15 with some models, now including the Vee's. Massive stutter when loading AI cars in pitlane. Just like F V12's and F classic. GPU usage insane, just staring straight ahead in pits. 100% GPU usage staring in to the wall for Formula Vee. Then insane spikes from 14% GPU usage to 100% and frame drops from 60FPS. steady (400+ without vsync) to 35 frames per second. Often when cars pack up or smoke. On the other hand, full 35 car grid on V8's or F Extreme yields never above 30% GPU usage, no stutter, no problems. On any track.

Can someone else confirm this for NVidia hardware? Running latest drivers.

See picture, measured on F Vee in Interlagos pits, using Riva OSD/HWInfo64. GPU usage 99% in upper right corner.

Or Formula Vee, Formula V12 and Formula Retro models are more demanding than PCars on maximum settings... I find that highly unlikely though, so this must be a bug.

Somewhat goes away if you restart the race like 10-15 times... All NVidia driver versions tested are affected.

Comparison shot from Formula Extreme at same location and race time (notice GPU usage 15% or so:

Anyone else?

Tried on a friends computer, the issue is the same for FV12 and FVee. Crazy GPU usage and massive framedrops. Even standing still in pits, if using AI...

What gives? I've told about this since 1.15 and no reply yet. Getting fed up. Something is not right. Shame as i had been looking forward to racing the Vees offline, but it is now unplayable.

Last edited:
Update to above post... Definitely the issue regards LOD or models. If i run by myseld, the same tracks, GPU usage standing in pitbux is 10% for the FVee. Adding 9 AI gives huge stutters, framerate of 40fps or so and 100%GPU usage, despite no AI visible from inside pitbox... When racing, as soon as i get close to AI, GPU usage increases by like 80%.

Still the same issues i've had since 1.15 with some models, now including the Vee's. Massive stutter when loading AI cars in pitlane. Just like F V12's and F classic. GPU usage insane, just staring straight ahead in pits. 100% GPU usage staring in to the wall for Formula Vee. Then insane spikes from 14% GPU usage to 100% and frame drops from 60FPS. steady (400+ without vsync) to 35 frames per second. Often when cars pack up or smoke. On the other hand, full 35 car grid on V8's or F Extreme yields never above 30% GPU usage, no stutter, no problems. On any track.

Can someone else confirm this for NVidia hardware? Running latest drivers.
Anyone else?

Tried on a friends computer, the issue is the same for FV12 and FVee. Crazy GPU usage and massive framedrops. Even standing still in pits, if using AI...

What gives? I've told about this since 1.15 and no reply yet. Getting fed up. Something is not right. Shame as i had been looking forward to racing the Vees offline, but it is now unplayable.

I use a NVidia graphics card and the same happens with me, i can run a full grid of stock v8s smooth but the formula vee is beeing a pain.

I also experienced massive stuttering when I'm in the pitlane or the AI is nearby. But I think giving the gsc.exe process a high priority in the task manager fixed that. when you run the game, go into the task manager - processes - right click on gsc.exe and give it a high priority. I don't know if this can cause damage, but it seemed to work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%