GT6 Gran Turismo 6 News & Discussion

I never had an issue with the framerates except a few tree heavy corners at Bathurst.... So Mr. Eriksson I'd just say give it a go and see if there is any improvement :D

I'll put in in some hours this weekend, to see how it feels. I must say i would like to experiment more with the multiplayer side of it, as it has some good potential for public racing in a casual way, since it attracts a big crowd. A diverse crowd however so i am fearing the first turn wreckers might be dominant on the public runs, but should still be fun.

Have to dl the updates.. Do you know how big the new one is?

The frame rate is not really acceptable still. But that goes for just about anything GT truly is a dinosaur. I felt like that when GT 5 was released also and not to much has happened since then. I am still having fun just unlocked international B series but so much could been so much better. Purchased one car for 28000 CR now have 3,2 million CR. Very hard making money in this sim. There is some special events that give real credits but when you have done those it get tough again.

If it was easy to make money no where near as many people would buying GT6, just makes it a bit more challenging

What would make the game more challenging would be more realistic physics and better AI. It´s easy to grind it´s just time consuming. I went through my super license not having any need to buy a car only using gift cars until the GT championship in National A where I felt I would have to fight some to get a 3rd place in my tweaked rocket car. I don´t believe it would be impossible but I went the easy route there and bought a LMP.

There is just a few cars available in arcade menu if I just want to take some run around nordschleife or do fun races I am quite stuck. To buy the rest of the cars would be perhaps around 200 million CR if the cars average say 200000. Think some ferrari dino is the most expensive at 20 million credits. A lot of the LMP prototypes is 1-2 million CR just there.

The idea here is to push DLC some people will actually pay to get CR. 7.000.0000 CR cost as much as GT 6 by itself. Would be interesting to see the sale statistics on that. Considering a Ferrari GTO go for 20.000.000 I hope people see the insanity in such a deal. But some just have to much money on their hands :)

The framerate is so wonky it legitimately gives me headaches, especially on Bathurst which really sucks because thats a track where you absolutely NEED the framerate to be locked at something consistent.

GT6 should've been a PS4 launch title, or a PS4 title in general. Give them more time to spend on their swanky new sound engine too, plus you add in the benefit of the social features such as party chat and GT would instantly become a more social game.

Apparently the framerates differ on the different models of the consoles for some reason. I've got a 12GB slimline with a 250GB hard drive in mine and I only loose around 5fps at night or around tree heavy circuits with cockpit cam.

I can't remember where I read that but I'll try and find it over the next day or so.

For those of you with Frame Rate problems I found this at GTPlanet. Tested it today and it works like a charm.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-framerate-depends-on-which-console-you-have.295306/

Well. I don't know if i have ever seen a forum thread as full of cluelessness as that one before, sadly. First of all, the replies in that thread stating that everything is buttersmooth is untrue. Believe me, i have seen GT6 run on all types of PS3 and no matter the type it is a LONG way from buttersmooth.

The architecture is the same on the different hw iterations, but the older systems may suffer from disk drives being fragmented or simply dying causing some issues. But in terms of rendering they all seem equally bad to me.

No matter what PS3 you have, GT6 will never be smooth. My guess is it maintains 30fps most of the time, with drops probably as low as 20-25 regardless of system. It is quite visible.

Still makes it undrivable to me.

And no. Changing PS3 hw is not fixing it. Instead look to the 256mb. VRAM and abysmal GPU coupled with Cell overheads from threading problems, for an explanation to why it performs like this. Could have been fine if polyphony had just stayed within the margins of the system instead of trying to cram in a 2013 experience on a dying console.

So i blame them. I really wish a future patch would allow me to turn off, as in actually remove, some rendering overhead, like shadows, ddl, rays and caustics etc. to get a game that the system can handle.

So no. Do not go out and buy a new system. Just realise that this product is produced with all the wrong priorities.

I'm kinda stunned.... we have this beautiful new add to the game (on PS3 at least), with this Red Bull competition.

I won all race gold in karting and the X Junior catagory. Now the X Standard competition is locked and when i wanna open it it says it starts on January 1st 2014. It's January 7th and it is still not unlocked. Does anyone know why?

I lock in to PSN every time... so that wouldn't be the problem i guess... anyone knows more ???

What i want from GT6 ?

just to be available for PC, since there is no LOGIC in being only present for PS !
In my opinion it's stupid !
I know it never was and perhaps never will, yet i cannot figure it out WHY when biggest percentage of sim-racers are through PC.

What i want from GT6 ?

just to be available for PC, since there is no LOGIC in being only present for PS !
In my opinion it's stupid !
I know it never was and perhaps never will, yet i cannot figure it out WHY when biggest percentage of sim-racers are through PC.
Sure the PC may have the monopoly of sim racers, but GT6 is on the console and will never go to PC. Polyphony digital have an exclusivity contract for the life of GT for it to be on the PS systems only (I can't remember where I read this. It was back in the GT2 days). So yeah. Kinda explains it for you :D

P.S: Reply not meant sarcastically or snarkily or anything.

Sure the PC may have the monopoly of sim racers, but GT6 is on the console and will never go to PC. Polyphony digital have an exclusivity contract for the life of GT for it to be on the PS systems only (I can't remember where I read this. It was back in the GT2 days). So yeah. Kinda explains it for you :D

P.S: Reply not meant sarcastically or snarkily or anything.

No problem at all, thanks, not that i didn't knew something like that is in play.

One thing about PS.
Since, whenever we played PES with friends, we went on Sony, or someone had and we played at his house, or if we could stick 4 of us in front of PC it would have been good. So someone of us thought about buying one PS, instead i bought Laptop and on it i put the PES, connected with HDMI cable with the TV and there you go, we had "Sony Playstation" except it was not a PS. We played and still are playing with no problems, plus i can do on the laptop whatever i want.

Only reason why i would buy it its because GT6, (still i wouldnt). And once i rent one at my home and i was unable to connect my Logitech Formula Force FX s.wheel with it, dunno why (perhaps doesn't supports)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.