GT6 Gran Turismo 6 News & Discussion

Looking at the videos the shadows seem fixed. To be honest though that was the least of my issues with the game. The games sounds and lack of clutch support was a killer for me, sounding like a vacuum cleaner while missing gears with that stupid broken clutch system.

I'm excited anyway, always been a fan of GT, if you look at the details carefully it isnt surprising they are releasing on the PS3, they would never be able to release it on the PS4 in time, and with all those standard cars lingering from the PS2 days I dont think it would go down well.

GT6 looks to still be having the 800 or so standard cars, and will have in the region of 50-100 new premiums added, if you consider all the DLC cars that were added to GT5. Considering the DLC tracks from GT5 it also means GT6 will only launch with 2 more tracks. Essencially it is one massive GT5 update, while preparing the future of the game for the PS4.

So we may see GT6 on the PS4 (later on, after the PS3 release) aswell as not having to wait a further 5-6 years for GT7.

I posted the paragraphs below in another forum but it seems appropriate here too with several of the comments above. And I agree with Ryan...the PS4 version would not have been ready anywhere near the launch window anyway... PD does nothing quickly!

Unless Microsoft pulls something really magical out of the bag next week, Sony will sell every single single PS4 they can build as soon as it hits the shelf for at least the first 6 months of production... if not the first year. We will have a hard time walking into a store and buying one because of the demand. They will do this without any GT game on the system, even more so than they did with the PS3 because the price will be more palatable this time. Why? Supply will be constrained by manufacturing and there is pent up demand for new consoles after 6-7 years with the current tech (even in this economic malaise).

Many people are saying on this forum... 'I won't buy the PS4 with no GT game'. Sony doesn't really care about you-- because they have you already!. They also have PS4 buyers lined up already who are not so genre specific. On top of that, those that are so loyal to GT games probably won't move in droves to Xbox either. They will end up buying GT6 (which will sell 5+million on PS3) and then upgrade to PS4 when ready with GT7 prologue or GT6 PS4 version or whatever. So Sony wins either way.

I know most of these 'bad business' comments on the forum come from an emotional reaction to not getting what is wanted individually from GT6. Still, consider this... Sony took a very large and very financially painful market share loss in the transition from PS2 to PS3. All signs and signals with PS4 so far point to the fact that they have learned from their errors with PS3. If anyone thinks they have not considered all the angles on launch title strategy very very carefully, I can assure you you are mistaken. They will still make errors... but the GT6 plan has been thought through with great detail from a business perspective.

I´m expecting GT6 to be ported to PS4 when that is released, then GT7 Prolouge as a first taste of what´s to come that really utilizes the performance of the PS4.

I don´t think it will take 5-6 years to produce the game either as they say the PS4 is way less complex then then the PS3 was.

But for GT6, very excited to see the new tire, suspension model.

To be honest, I agree... GT4 is better than GT5 as an overall package. It has a following even now, and some GT5 players have gone back to it. PD should take note of that when developing GT6.

For me GT5 is strictly mediocre. Having 1000 cars does not make up for it's numerous flaws, unstable online modes, poor offline modes, and abysmal AI. PD are going to have to do much better next time if they want to compete with other console racers and the slew of new PC sims due for release in the very near future.

GT is already better than any other console racer out there, that's something you should already know.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Thursday

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 40 38.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 58 56.3%