Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Bradley Vanian, Feb 17, 2012.
I will expect a long long long list of features people want in Gran Turismo 6.
- more cars in online multiplayer session
- stable multiplayer sessions
- less cars
- more real life tracks
I couldn't have said it better myself.
More tracks. All the GT Classics, and more real circuits. Also more LMP/Group C/FIA GT3 etc cars.
That wish may of become a reality, the servers are no where near as bad as they have been in the past. My connection isn't exactly brilliant so i disconnected alot, since 2.04 was released I am yet to be disconnected from any lobby. With a bit luck it isn't just me and the famed useless servers may be behind us.
For GT6 for me i would be: More real-life tracks, more NEW cars no more cars from the 60's 70's etc.. we already have enough of them, ALL cars to have a detailed interior, the damage to be more realistic hitting a barrier at 250 mph and only getting a scratch. Very realistic... Also to make the racing more a challenge base the cars around what car the user is racing. For example If I do the lemans 24-hr race in a FGT I want to see a field of cars similar performance, basically no more easy races.
NFS Shift had something like that, though it didn't work very well at all. The problem comes in determining how the game decides which cars are 'equal' without duplicating what the player is using. For example, if it based it on PP points then it wouldn't work very well as completely unequal cars share the same PP ratings in GT5. Be good if they figure out a way of doing properly though.
I know what you are saying, that's another thing scrap the PP it's utterly useless. Yes it's good but has you said Ross unequal cars share the same PP which can so easily a race unfair or too easy.
- Better Online Stability
- Less Skyline's and Lancer Evolution's (Just less pointless cars)
- Less money for Seasonal Events
- Expand the Special Events (Go Kart Championship, Stig Challenges)
- More A/B-Spec Events.
- No endurance races more than 6 hours.
- AI that can actually drive quickly and fairly.
- More tracks (Infineon, Motegi, Mid Field Raceway + more)
- Championship Mode (A seperate mode from GT Mode which allows you to compete in a realisitic championship)
- Quicker loading times.
- Realisitic Damage
- Better music
I can already see a trend appearing.
After crappy GT5 which is much worse than GT4 I dont really expect something interesting. Big thanks Poly :eek:
I wouldn't call it that, I would call glitchy yes it brilliant but after the amount of time and money spent on it, it could of been better
I can not understand why they removed a lot of different options. Its no odemeter in game HUD, not rim change at standard (wtf?) cars, no odometer for Aspec and Bspec mileage, yes for standard cars but no for "standard" circuits and much more. And tons GBs of updates, year after game release. I bought the console specifically for this game - I'm not disappointed but...
To be honest, I agree... GT4 is better than GT5 as an overall package. It has a following even now, and some GT5 players have gone back to it. PD should take note of that when developing GT6.
For me GT5 is strictly mediocre. Having 1000 cars does not make up for it's numerous flaws, unstable online modes, poor offline modes, and abysmal AI. PD are going to have to do much better next time if they want to compete with other console racers and the slew of new PC sims due for release in the very near future.
It's funny because for Play Station there is no serious competitorswho would compete to Gran Turismo. This is a choice between GT and anyone. And by the way, everything from Polyphony will be bestseller, even Gran Turismo 5
The competition isn't restricted to the PS3. Many people own more than one console AND a PC these days, so it would be very easy for Sony/PD to lose business to a rival game on another system.
Yes, any GT game is likely to sell well, but that's not the point. A big portion of the income these days comes from paid DLCs. If people are shelving your game after 6 months because it is boring or flawed, then you lose a huge chunk of money.
A lot of people, including myself, also go on past experience. If one game in a series fails to please, then those people are less likely to buy future games. GT1 - GT4 were all great, hence GT5 sold very well. While I have no doubt that GT6 will also sell well, all of those that were disillusioned by GT5 may look elsewhere. That again means losing money for Sony/PD.
Time for an on-topic post I think. In addition to things posted by others:
- Better wheel support, including adjustment of axis sensitivity and wheel rotation.
- An interface which is properly designed for ease of use on a control pad, rather than the mess in GT5.
- Private online hosting on your own PS3 that does NOT rely on PD servers. (ie, Dedicated Server option found in most PC sims)
- Proper online controls for the host, including passworded lobbies, kicks, bans, etc.
- Proper BRIGHTNESS controls rather than the ridiculous 'exposure' adjustment in GT5.
- Optional race weekend format with practice sessions and QUALIFYING - both online and offline.
- Less cars, so that PD can concentrating on doing each and every one of them to 'premium' quality.
- More unique cars instead of numerous models of the same thing.
- Real car sounds for all cars instead of generic rubbish.
- Logical and realistic upgrades with restrictions for usage. (ie, no ECU on a WWII vintage military vehicle, etc)
That's it for now...
mmmm. Don't you mean more skylines
GT5's Servers are famed on how pathetic they are, dedicated servers will making playing online feel like heaven
Just putting it out there GT6 on PC
Never going to happen. PD is owned by Sony and Gran Turismo is one of their flagship series. They'll want it to remain exclusive to their own systems.
Just thinking about it i blows my mind, that would've to be the move of the century, and massive revenue for PD and a dominance in market of sim racing or closest competitors
What do you thing about that putting PD pride aside