Game Performance & Hardware Specs

Brian McManus

Steam: Brian Mac
Hi ,
I am just wondering what other peoples frame rates are like .
I am getting 60 frames when hotlapping ,i get a tiny bit of lag i dont see the frames dropping ,maybe 58,59 frames.
I get some lag when running 18 cars .

My game setting are ,

1920x1080 @59hz
Full screen rendering : On
Vertical sync : On
Frame limit : Off
Anisotropic filtering : 2x
Fast approximated anti samples : Off
Shadow resolution : High

World detail : Maximum
Motion blur : Off
Smoke generation : High
Smoke in mirrors : On
Hdr : Off

Mirror resolution : High
High quality mirror
reflection : On
Cubemap resolution : High
Faces per frame : None

I built my machine at the end of 2012
My system specs,

750w Ace Psu

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H motherboard

Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3570K Quad Core 3.4GHz @ 3.8GHz

Sapphire HD7850 2GB @
Gpu clock,1000MHz
Memory clock ,1400MHz

Corsair Vengance 8GB Ram@1600MHz

Im using a 40 using a samsung 3d smart tv 1080p,300Mhz.

I want to upgrade my graphics card ,i was looking at the gigabyte R9 270X 4gb card.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00HCLLPF4/ref=ox_sc_act_image_4?ie=UTF8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

It be interesting to know other peoples game settings ,frame rates and system specs.

Any tips on game or systems settings/overclocking would be greatfull.

My specs:

i5 4690K
8Gb Ram
Nvidia 780Ti GPU..

Asus 27" 144hz monitor. 1920 x 1080.

Problem I have is that I have everything set on HIGH or MAX in the Assetto Corsa setup but in game all I see are jagged lines everywhere..

The fences in particular are very bad.. you would think that with 8 X AA and 16 X AF it would look amazing... framerates are in the 100's and smooth as..

All settings in the Nvidia control panel are on "application controlled"...

Any clues?

I think the problem is a well-known driver issue, because Nvidia doesn't support “Clamp negative LOD bias texture filtering” anymore. Especially transparent textures like fences or the white lines on the road could be aliased as hell due to this issue. You can read about it here -> http://www.bsimracing.com/nvidia-image-quality-lower-on-newer-cards/
And i recommend to join the Nvidia-forum as well, to make your voice heard. The more users complain, the better.

There is a thread specifically about this somewhere, but in short...if you use Nvidia Inspector and force 4xSGSSA in that and combine it with 4XMSAA in game it eliminates almost all of the jaggies. :)

I have the same card and applying this setting does have a performance hit but with this card it's not a problem really. ;)

Edit: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/frames-game-settings-pc-specs.85461/

Last edited:
There is a thread specifically about this somewhere, but in short...if you use Nvidia Inspector and force 4xSGSSA in that and combine it with 4XMSAA in game it eliminates almost all of the jaggies. :)

I have the same card and applying this setting does have a performance hit but with this card it's not a problem really. ;)

Edit: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/frames-game-settings-pc-specs.85461/
Hey, he obviously has a 144hz display, so if i was him i would like to have stable 100+fps , i dont think thats possible with these settings... just saying.

Hey, he obviously has a 144hz display, so if i was him i would like to have stable 100+fps , i dont think thats possible with these settings... just saying.

Probably not in a full grid mp i guess, i have not tested so i have no idea but you are prob. right. I myself really don't see the need to chase those high fps counts so much, as long as there are no dips below say 60-70 fps i have no issues. :)

Probably not in a full grid mp i guess, i have not tested so i have no idea but you are prob. right. I myself really don't see the need to chase those high fps counts so much, as long as there are no dips below say 60-70 fps i have no issues. :)

Well, i have a 144hz monitor (but also 3x60hz for my rig) and the difference is day and night. Im pertty sure he is aiming for 100 :)

I'm running 4xMSAA in game and only 2xSGSSA via Nvidia Inspector and it isn't perfect but it seems to get rid of almost all jaggies while leaving decent frame rates on my GTX760 with all detail settings on max.

It is still a lot heavier on CPU than GPU. Just hotlapping i see CPU usages of around 60% per core. With AI full grid it can reach 95% usage easily on one core. This is enough to sometimes drop framerate or bring rendering stutters. But GPU usage is still never higher than 60% or so.

Using all settings at max except cubemap faces at 2, quality at medium.

GTX680 @ 1200 mhz.
I5 3570k @ 4.3 GHz.

Seems that for stable running with full grids of AI at this state, we would need 4.5 GHz. Intel or more... Some cars also have AI bugs leading to some crazy CPU hammering (see Lotus turbo formula at turn one on Monza for instance).

When i try to load a map it comes up with an error message saying that my graphics card is not compatiable and says that you need minimum of direct x 10.1. But the thing is i have direct x 11 installed on my computer. Could someone please tell me if it's my computer or the game and if so a way to fix it.

Hi mate, what graphics card are you using?

You may have DX11 installed, but if your graphics card isn't compatible, it won't make any difference. If it's telling you that your GPU isn't compatible, then you will need to upgrade to a newer GPU.

If you have a DX10 card you can try changing the following line in graphics.ini:
ALLOW_UNSUPPORTED_DX10=0 ; UNSUPPORTED USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
^ change the 0 to 1

That file will be in [parent directory of where Steam is locaed]\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\

In my case, it's: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\

Sorry to say that GPU is only DX10 - you have to try the tip Jason Hunt posted above.

It is an high possibility that it wont work at all with your card, Minimum Specs on the GPU is Nvidia GeForce GT 460.

IF it works Don`t expect to much - Here is an video and maybe some setup tips (Just found it)

Hope that helps

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back