Game Performance & Hardware Specs

Brian McManus

Steam: Brian Mac
Hi ,
I am just wondering what other peoples frame rates are like .
I am getting 60 frames when hotlapping ,i get a tiny bit of lag i dont see the frames dropping ,maybe 58,59 frames.
I get some lag when running 18 cars .

My game setting are ,

1920x1080 @59hz
Full screen rendering : On
Vertical sync : On
Frame limit : Off
Anisotropic filtering : 2x
Fast approximated anti samples : Off
Shadow resolution : High

World detail : Maximum
Motion blur : Off
Smoke generation : High
Smoke in mirrors : On
Hdr : Off

Mirror resolution : High
High quality mirror
reflection : On
Cubemap resolution : High
Faces per frame : None

I built my machine at the end of 2012
My system specs,

750w Ace Psu

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H motherboard

Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3570K Quad Core 3.4GHz @ 3.8GHz

Sapphire HD7850 2GB @
Gpu clock,1000MHz
Memory clock ,1400MHz

Corsair Vengance 8GB Ram@1600MHz

Im using a 40 using a samsung 3d smart tv 1080p,300Mhz.

I want to upgrade my graphics card ,i was looking at the gigabyte R9 270X 4gb card.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00HCLLPF4/ref=ox_sc_act_image_4?ie=UTF8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

It be interesting to know other peoples game settings ,frame rates and system specs.

Any tips on game or systems settings/overclocking would be greatfull.

@Blkout - do you find your Inspector settings to be better/worse performance and candy wise than the 4x sparse supersampling solution?
I find that one definitely smooths all jaggies for me, and that is using 4xAA in game but costs 30FPS.

@Blkout - do you find your Inspector settings to be better/worse performance and candy wise than the 4x sparse supersampling solution?
I find that one definitely smooths all jaggies for me, and that is using 4xAA in game but costs 30FPS.

Paul, I think you might be mixed up. You can ONLY enable Sparse Grid Super Sampling AA(SGSSAA) through Nvidia Inspector, there is no option to do so in the Nvidia control panel as they keep it hidden. There is a catch though, SGSSAA will not function unless you enable the exact same level of MSAA also. So if you enable 4x SGSSAA which is really the minimum you want to use, then you must use 4xMSAA in conjunction with it. Its just the way SGSSAA works, it has to have the same level of MSAA working with it. 8xSGSSAA is an option also in Nvidia Inspector but running it in conjunction with 8xMSAA would turn almost any game into a slideshow.

4xSGSSAA + 4xMSAA is a pretty heavy hit on performance but it sure works wonders on aliasing when standard MSAA just doesn't cut it. As you may know, I have two 780's in SLI so I have alot of power available, but I like SGSSAA so much that I use it in AC, iRacing, Race07 and all if its DLC. It really works wonders on all of these games and cleans up just about any AA and moire patterns on fences, lines, and distant objects.

Did that help answer your question or did I miss the boat? Do you know how to force SGSSAA and MSAA through Nvidia Inspector? If not, I can show you how.

@Blkout - no you haven't missed the boat lol, i think ive just realised your '4xSGSSA' is exactly the '4x sparse supersampling' i'm talking about rather than it being something different. I just totally forgot the acronym and to say 'sparse grid'. Right? Or am I making another face palm moment? lol

To decode what i said in the earlier post, I had been using:
4xSGSSA in Inspector
4xAA in game (8 does nothing more for me)
16xAF

Those above settings = no jaggies what so ever, but cost me 30FPS over using:
No additional settings in Inspector
8xAA in game
16AF
1xFXAA

The above returns over 110FPS and cockpit view wise, fairly smooth, but showroom, and external wise, the jaggies and moire are a lot more apparent.

I get what you are saying about the transparencies and the fact regular flavour MSSA doesnt touch them.

To be honest im just glad someone is seeing the same benefit from the 4xSGSSA, was thinking I must have super eyes or something :D

@Blkout - no you haven't missed the boat lol, i think ive just realised your '4xSGSSA' is exactly the '4x sparse supersampling' i'm talking about rather than it being something different. I just totally forgot the acronym and to say 'sparse grid'. Right? Or am I making another face palm moment? lol

To decode what i said in the earlier post, I had been using:
4xSGSSA in Inspector
4xAA in game (8 does nothing more for me)
16xAF

Those above settings = no jaggies what so ever, but cost me 30FPS over using:
No additional settings in Inspector
8xAA in game
16AF
1xFXAA

The above returns over 110FPS and cockpit view wise, fairly smooth, but showroom, and external wise, the jaggies and moire are a lot more apparent.

I get what you are saying about the transparencies and the fact regular flavour MSSA doesnt touch them.

To be honest im just glad someone is seeing the same benefit from the 4xSGSSA, was thinking I must have super eyes or something :D

Paul, you are correct, when you stated sparse supersampling I figured you were talking about sparse grid but you confused me when you asked me if my Nvidia Inpsector settings were better than using spare supersampling since that is the only way to use it.

That being said, the AC showroom actually uses a different .exe than the game itself so when you enable SGSSAA in Nvidia Inspector, its only being applied to ACS.exe which is just the game itself. If you want SGSSAA to be applied to the showroom too, you have to create a custom profile in Nvidia Inspector and point it towards acShowroom.exe which is also in the AC game directory. For some reason, unlike many games, AC actually uses two separate .exe's for the game itself and the showroom, so when you see the AC profile in Nvidia Inspector, its only looking at the ACS.exe which is just the game, not the showroom.

Hope that makes sense.

Sure does, I have both acs.exe and showroom.exe added to my AC Inspector profile.

I have made my decision and gone back to using the Inspector 4xSGSSAA along with 16xAF 4xAA in game. Pulling in a solid 85FPS single player.

On these settings and 0.8.5 I just tried a full grid of Huayra AI at Imola and it bottomed out at 45FPS to start and then came up to 60FPS mark.

Im amazed by this new update, they have defo improved the CPU. No warnings at all or stuttering.

Sure does, I have both acs.exe and showroom.exe added to my AC Inspector profile.

I have made my decision and gone back to using the Inspector 4xSGSSAA along with 16xAF 4xAA in game. Pulling in a solid 85FPS single player.

On these settings and 0.8.5 I just tried a full grid of Huayra AI at Imola and it bottomed out at 45FPS to start and then came up to 60FPS mark.

Im amazed by this new update, they have defo improved the CPU. No warnings at all or stuttering.

So did having acShowroom.exe profile in Nvidia Inspector fix the showroom aliasing you were getting?

Also FYI, it doesn't matter if you use the in game 4xMSAA setting or force it to override in game settings through Nvidia Inspector or the Nvidia control panel, the only requirement for 4xSGSSAA to work is that 4XMSAA has to be enabled in the game so you can do it either through the Nvidia control panel or in game, as long as the game is getting 4xMSAA applied, then 4xSGSSAA will work as it should. You may even get better framerates using the in game 4xMSAA setting since forcing MSAA through the Nvidia control panel means that the video card must analyze the entire scene and apply it which is often called a brute force approach. Using in game MSAA when its available can sometimes provide better results because the developer of the game can choose which areas need to be anti-aliased and not worry about others that don't, thus saving some performance.

Oh yeah everything is sweet.
I still think we are a little at cross purposes because im saying i always did used to use the same settings as you, but had decided to go for performance and live with some jaggies.
I originally thought your solution was a different one, hence my confusing first post, but following our discussions and some testing on the new build, i am keeping the 4xsparse grid and 4x ingame as to me the benefit is worth the cost.:)

Oh yeah everything is sweet.
I still think we are a little at cross purposes because im saying i always did used to use the same settings as you, but had decided to go for performance and live with some jaggies.
I originally thought your solution was a different one, hence my confusing first post, but following our discussions and some testing on the new build, i am keeping the 4xsparse grid and 4x ingame as to me the benefit is worth the cost.:)

Oh I agree, if you got the power to use SGSSAA, then use it, it works wonders on game that MSAA doesn't do enough alone. Race07 and its DLC, Game Stock Car Extreme, and iRacing all benefit greatly from SGSSAA.

No tearing here, no eye doctor needed but of course you know it all, good luck with your issues, I'm done trying to help you. I know that sucks that my two 780's run better than your three Titans in AC, that's got to be a real bummer.

keep saying that to your self all the time and you might believe it one day:)
Now seriously... let me know if one day you stay above 60fps with full grid maxed out at 1080p:) he he he

Last edited:
keep saying that to your self all the time and you might believe it one day:)
Now seriously... let me know if one day you stay above 60fps with full grid maxed out at 1080p:) he he he

Whatever man, I'm not blind and I have no reason to lie about tearing. If I was getting tearing and wanted to enable V-sync, I would and be done with it. I don't know why you have such a hard time believing that. Worry about getting your own PC working properly and stop worrying about mine.

Whatever man, I'm not blind and I have no reason to lie about tearing. If I was getting tearing and wanted to enable V-sync, I would and be done with it. I don't know why you have such a hard time believing that. Worry about getting your own PC working properly and stop worrying about mine.

worry not my friend, my cpu is the ultimate machine!
the thing is you have the right rig for your "rookie eyes"
i was just trying to help open the doors of your clearly limited visual perception!

....... and let's not get personal here eh?

By all means enjoy your debate about these technical issues, but please draw the line when it comes to who's visual equipment, big toe, or left buttock is bigger or better than someone else's.

Thank you very big! :)

I dont see what all the fuss is over FPS, the human eye can only see at around 60FPS anyway. And as long as AC isn't staggering or having frame rates below 60FPS I'm more than happy, besides when I'm immersed in a race I don't have time to admire the scenery or observe the liveries of my opponents, as long as my dash looks real and the cars physics feel real, I'm more than happy.

So lets not get involved in "My rigs better than yours", or, "I know more than you", or "any other childish reason for a flame war", were all suppose to be mature intelligent people so why not behave like it.
It disappoints me to see that some members of the sim-racing community Ive been a part of for 13yrs just have to argue the point, why not agree to disagree and leave it there, please don't bring your shitty attitudes to the forums, most of us don't care to see it, we come here to make friends and discuss our hobby "Virtual Motorsport", not wage war on others posts and opinions.

As my Granny use to say, "If you haven't anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all"

Cheers

By lag, do you mean sttuttering? I tend to think of lag only when it relates to online gaming where your internet connection is a factor.

Most people are reporting a slight gain in performance in AC, although I can't say I noticed any, I don't see any decreases either. Check to make sure when you updated drivers that nothing got changed in the Nvidia control panel, sometimes it will reset your settings, and also make sure you re-enabled SLI again, because it will almost always disable SLI when you update drivers, but you may already know this.

Yeah, the stuttering, seems like nvidia 600 series have this problems, other people complaining about it too. I checked everything, keep the same setup as always but the stuttering is still there. Lets wait and hope for a fix. Thanks anyway m8

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.1%