Game Performance & Hardware Specs

Brian McManus

Steam: Brian Mac
Hi ,
I am just wondering what other peoples frame rates are like .
I am getting 60 frames when hotlapping ,i get a tiny bit of lag i dont see the frames dropping ,maybe 58,59 frames.
I get some lag when running 18 cars .

My game setting are ,

1920x1080 @59hz
Full screen rendering : On
Vertical sync : On
Frame limit : Off
Anisotropic filtering : 2x
Fast approximated anti samples : Off
Shadow resolution : High

World detail : Maximum
Motion blur : Off
Smoke generation : High
Smoke in mirrors : On
Hdr : Off

Mirror resolution : High
High quality mirror
reflection : On
Cubemap resolution : High
Faces per frame : None

I built my machine at the end of 2012
My system specs,

750w Ace Psu

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H motherboard

Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3570K Quad Core 3.4GHz @ 3.8GHz

Sapphire HD7850 2GB @
Gpu clock,1000MHz
Memory clock ,1400MHz

Corsair Vengance 8GB Ram@1600MHz

Im using a 40 using a samsung 3d smart tv 1080p,300Mhz.

I want to upgrade my graphics card ,i was looking at the gigabyte R9 270X 4gb card.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00HCLLPF4/ref=ox_sc_act_image_4?ie=UTF8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

It be interesting to know other peoples game settings ,frame rates and system specs.

Any tips on game or systems settings/overclocking would be greatfull.

I had the stuttering problems, and fixed it by setting vsync to on in game and limiting fps to 60 at the same time. Worth a shot if you haven't tried it already.

I actually get more stuttering by using V-sync than I do without if off. Even when the framerate is maxed out at 60fps with V-sync enabled, I still get random little micro-stutters, but I don't when I disable V-sync. Its very noticeable in the replays at Monza 66 with V-sync enabled.

Im using a very old computer, amd fx4100 and a nvidia 550ti, hot lapping at silverstone i noticed most of the time i get between 80 and 90+ fps, but at the back straight before the start/finish i notice it goes upto 100 to 120 and even more if i look left or right, not sure on my exact settings but would it be better to limit it to 60 as my tv says 60hz, i have no idea about all this stuff

I actually get more stuttering by using V-sync than I do without if off. Even when the framerate is maxed out at 60fps with V-sync enabled, I still get random little micro-stutters, but I don't when I disable V-sync. Its very noticeable in the replays at Monza 66 with V-sync enabled.

Same here, strange indeed... :(

Hi Fellas!

What are you guys using to show fps? Fraps? The in-game app? I noticed on one screenshot that someone had some yellow text showing fps in the upper left-hand corner. Which program is that?

I hate the fact that with the in-game apps you get put them up tight at the top.

Also, one other thing. I noticed that when in game I change the resolution from
1920x1080 (native) to 1600x900 the screen shrinks and there's a black boarder all around it.

Is that typical?

Edit. Found a way to remove the boarders. The apps on screen a bit big now. Any way to resize them?

AC is a great game.

Thanks,

Alan

Last edited:
Hi Fellas!

What are you guys using to show fps? Fraps? The in-game app? I noticed on one screenshot that someone had some yellow text showing fps in the upper left-hand corner. Which program is that?

I hate the fact that with the in-game apps you get put them up tight at the top.

Also, one other thing. I noticed that when in game I change the resolution from
1920x1080 (native) to 1600x900 the screen shrinks and there's a black boarder all around it.

Is that typical?

Edit. Found a way to remove the boarders. The apps on screen a bit big now. Any way to resize them?

AC is a great game.

Thanks,

Alan

You can use FRAPS or Riva Tuner Statistics Server, FRAPS is more reliable and works in just about every game but RTSS has more built in monitoring features. You can also change the font color in RTSS.

You can use FRAPS or Riva Tuner Statistics Server, FRAPS is more reliable and works in just about every game but RTSS has more built in monitoring features. You can also change the font color in RTSS.

Thanks!

I tried RTSS. But for some reason the frame stats don't appear inside the game. I added profiles to the showroom and main executables, fiddled with a few settings in RTSS, but still a no-go.

I'm running Windows 8.1

Alan

Last edited:
Thanks!

I tried RTSS. But for some reason the frame stats don't appear inside the game. I added profiles to the showroom and main executables, fiddled with a few settings in RTSS, but still a no-go.

I'm running Windows 8.1

Alan

Try downloading MSI Afterburner, then after you install it, go to the monitor tab and choose which functions you want to monitor, just make sure you check the box, show in OSD. I forgot to mention that I think RTSS requires either MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision. Both are free to download.

Blkout I think you are wrong here...after further testing I found out that the reflections are the biggest framekiller, so I turned them off completely. Big gain in frames!
Also I have the feeling that the reflections performance is not optimized at all in AC...;(

Blkout I think you are wrong here...after further testing I found out that the reflections are the biggest framekiller, so I turned them off completely. Big gain in frames!
Also I have the feeling that the reflections performance is not optimized at all in AC...;(

Sebastian, I don't believe I ever stated that reflections didn't hurt framerate the most, I stated that in post #24 in this thread.

Your actual resolution and how many AI which are the worst offenders though, but I think that much is a given.

Did you get me mixed up with someone else?

nono, your recommendation in favor of turning up reflections rather than AA...(regarding my Gtx 570 configuration). That`s what I was referring to.

Sebastian, what post are you referring to? I don't see a post where I told you to turn up reflections. In post #67 I said:

Blkout said:
Not that you asked for my opinion, but honestly, you're giving up a lot of performance for that 8xAA compared to 4xAA with practically no visible image quality difference. Assetto Corsa is just not a game that benfits greatly from MSAA due to how they use transparent textures. In all honesty, the only improvement you're going to see in AA performance over 4xAA is if you use Nvidia Inspector and force 4xSGSSA transparency AA along with 4xMSAA but you can't really do that with a GTX 570 because its a HUGE hit to performance and you would likely have a slideshow. I would however drop your MSAA to 4x and use that extra performance to increase some other graphics detail or just use that performance to give you a better framerate when you have more AI cars enabled. Just my .02.

In post #69, you said:

Sebastian Wolff said:
You were right, I set AA to 4x and invested the extra power in reflections (medium size cubes + 3 faces per frame). Feels more solid

I never stated anything to tell you to increase reflections, I simply said drop the AA to 4x and use that performance elsewhere, reflections are a big hit so that may not have been the best place to increase that setting.

I dont see what all the fuss is over FPS, the human eye can only see at around 60FPS anyway. And as long as AC isn't staggering or having frame rates below 60FPS I'm more than happy, besides when I'm immersed in a race I don't have time to admire the scenery or observe the liveries of my opponents, as long as my dash looks real and the cars physics feel real, I'm more than happy.

So lets not get involved in "My rigs better than yours", or, "I know more than you", or "any other childish reason for a flame war", were all suppose to be mature intelligent people so why not behave like it.
It disappoints me to see that some members of the sim-racing community Ive been a part of for 13yrs just have to argue the point, why not agree to disagree and leave it there, please don't bring your shitty attitudes to the forums, most of us don't care to see it, we come here to make friends and discuss our hobby "Virtual Motorsport", not wage war on others posts and opinions.

As my Granny use to say, "If you haven't anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all"

Cheers

I desagree, overall visual quality is very important to me.

I dont see what all the fuss is over FPS, the human eye can only see at around 60FPS anyway. And as long as AC isn't staggering or having frame rates below 60FPS I'm more than happy, besides when I'm immersed in a race I don't have time to admire the scenery or observe the liveries of my opponents, as long as my dash looks real and the cars physics feel real, I'm more than happy.

Actually that is a myth and I've seen with my own eyes that there is a major difference, even if your monitor is at 60 hz running the game at 80+ will yield a smoother image.
I found this small application some years ago that would render the same animation in two windows, and you could set the fps on each independantly. 30 to 60 fps was a major difference, and I thought 120 couldnt look any better until i put up 60 and 120 fps side by side, then I saw how janky and unsmooth the 60 fps animation was rendering while the 120 one was silky smooth. All of this on a 60hz monitor.
So that "human eye can only register up to 60fps" is pure myth and should be buried asap imo.

AC settings:

1920x1200 @60hz
Full screen rendering : On
Vertical sync : Off
Frame limit : 120
Anisotropic filtering : 8x
AA: 4x
Fast approximated anti samples : Off
Shadow resolution : Medium-High

World detail : High
Motion blur : Off
Smoke generation : High
Smoke in mirrors : On
Hdr : Off

Mirror resolution : High
High quality mirror
reflection : On
Cubemap resolution : Low
Faces per frame : 1

System:

750w Corsair something

ASUS P7P55D motherboard

Intel i5 750 OC'd to 3,6GHz - Quad core

Sapphire HD6970 2GB @ stock 880/1375 (too noisy if OC'd :D)

Kingston HyperX 8GB Ram@1370MHz

Samsung SA450 60Hz LED monitor

---

When hotlapping the FPS never drops under 100FPS, and mostly stays at limited 120FPS except the main straight.

You should limit the FPS to a multiplier.

For 60Hz try at 90FPS limit or 120.

For 120Hz screen limit at 120FPS etc... ;)

You can also overclock your 60Hz monitor to 70Hz(google for an app) and use either Vsync or FPS limit. But that will lead to higher GFX heat. In my case using normal 60Hz the card is at 39°C when idle. At 70Hz it goes up to 52°C idle.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back