Game Performance & Hardware Specs

Brian McManus

Steam: Brian Mac
Hi ,
I am just wondering what other peoples frame rates are like .
I am getting 60 frames when hotlapping ,i get a tiny bit of lag i dont see the frames dropping ,maybe 58,59 frames.
I get some lag when running 18 cars .

My game setting are ,

1920x1080 @59hz
Full screen rendering : On
Vertical sync : On
Frame limit : Off
Anisotropic filtering : 2x
Fast approximated anti samples : Off
Shadow resolution : High

World detail : Maximum
Motion blur : Off
Smoke generation : High
Smoke in mirrors : On
Hdr : Off

Mirror resolution : High
High quality mirror
reflection : On
Cubemap resolution : High
Faces per frame : None

I built my machine at the end of 2012
My system specs,

750w Ace Psu

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H motherboard

Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3570K Quad Core 3.4GHz @ 3.8GHz

Sapphire HD7850 2GB @
Gpu clock,1000MHz
Memory clock ,1400MHz

Corsair Vengance 8GB Ram@1600MHz

Im using a 40 using a samsung 3d smart tv 1080p,300Mhz.

I want to upgrade my graphics card ,i was looking at the gigabyte R9 270X 4gb card.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00HCLLPF4/ref=ox_sc_act_image_4?ie=UTF8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

It be interesting to know other peoples game settings ,frame rates and system specs.

Any tips on game or systems settings/overclocking would be greatfull.

My pc specs are i5-760 / 2 X 6870 in Crossfire / 4Gig Ram. Running on three screens at 4800 X 900 resolutions.

Even on the lowest setting, the game runs slow. All sliders to the left, no post processing etc.

I have tried with 1 GPU and in crossfire; nothing seems to help.

New install, just purchase the game last night...no apps that I know of.

Also, how do I get rid of the thick bar across the bottom of screen showing AI and my position?
I have nearly the exact same box, it's 4 years old. I was going to upgrade last month. I was given a Titan black (Developers), plugged it in almost as a joke... But nearly every game I play is smooth as butter... AC runs at a crisp 60-80 solid but I do get the cpu occupancy message with 16-20 cars on track but it's still smooth so I ignore it. Dayz is the only program that cripples my PC but that's mostky because the settings don't seem to save anytime I start it up... But I can get it smooth and looking very good, it it's clear there is some "butchered" code as Arma runs like a dream.

I'm also running triple screen, each rendered independently, at 1080p on anything that supports it. Stretched otherwise.

Even as a developer, I'm shocked at how well it's working. Yes, GPUs are the single biggest upgrade you can make, but this card alone has given my old box new lease on life.

I do still plan on upgrading to a newer i5 with 8gig ripjaws and an SDD but I'll wait for Black Friday/cyber Monday or after Intel anounces their new chip set later this year and prices keep dropping.

Still cannot get this game to un-ugly itself!
Any help appreciated.

Examples;

All jaggy, trees and stadium look a state.....

All graphics options on max. No AA and no PP.
Was advised to use CCC to add Supersampling etc. but as you can see that does nothing.
Is there anything i can edit in the configs etc?

System
i5 3570k @ 3.8GHz
8gb RAM
2GB MSI R9 270X HAWK
24" 1080p monitor.

So ugly i don't want to play the game.

Hi
Can anyone tell me what the most recent recommendations would be as far as video settings are concerned to get the best out of AC?.

Nvidia Inspector, Nvidia control panel, in-game settings? I'm hoping to get at least 60 fps, ideally quite a bit more. I've tried on the default "High" settings and got fps in the low thirties (which is unplayable for me).

I've got an i7 4770k and two GTX 780s running on triples.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Hi
Can anyone tell me what the most recent recommendations would be as far as video settings are concerned to get the best out of AC?.

Nvidia Inspector, Nvidia control panel, in-game settings? I'm hoping to get at least 60 fps, ideally quite a bit more. I've tried on the default "High" settings and got fps in the low thirties (which is unplayable for me).

I've got an i7 4770k and two GTX 780s running on triples.

Any advice would be most welcome.
Well the first questions that have to be asked are; are your triples all 1920x1080, to make a total resolution of 5760x1080? And are your 780s 3GB or 6GB?

And on a side note- As Assetto Corsa is currently a pre-release title, it does not have full support from Nvidia for SLI drivers. Nvidia is very strict about taking time to develop drivers for games before they reach their version 1.0. I also run SLI and for the most part don't have issues, but my cards never reach boost clock, and don't behave normally when overclocked when running AC. So even with it set up properly, you won't see the performance you'd expect. Though from recent news we have, 1.0 is not far off, and soon after Nvidia should launch a new driver to support SLI for AC.

Well the first questions that have to be asked are; are your triples all 1920x1080, to make a total resolution of 5760x1080? And are your 780s 3GB or 6GB?

And on a side note- As Assetto Corsa is currently a pre-release title, it does not have full support from Nvidia for SLI drivers. Nvidia is very strict about taking time to develop drivers for games before they reach their version 1.0. I also run SLI and for the most part don't have issues, but my cards never reach boost clock, and don't behave normally when overclocked when running AC. So even with it set up properly, you won't see the performance you'd expect. Though from recent news we have, 1.0 is not far off, and soon after Nvidia should launch a new driver to support SLI for AC.
Hey, thanks for your reply.
My triples are 1920x1080 and the 780s are 3gb

My only concern, AC RC 1.0 is said to have a lot more graphics features... And as much as devs optimize, more always costs more... So I hope I'm not jazzed about the update only to boot up to a slide show...

I hope so. I raced last night on Silverstone International with a grid of 24 cars, and was running 20-30fps, with some 5fps stutters now and then that made it undriveable. This is with all my settings turned off. Offline, I can run basically maxed out at 60fps without an issue. It's crazy......

Hey Guys,

I have Assetto Corsa and it runs fine on my current rig. I seem to be able to only get 19-20 frames per second though. Here are my specs. Is it just a matter of upgrading ram though?

AMD A6-6400K 3.90 ghz
4 gigs ram
Win 8.1 64 bit
NVidia Geforce GT 630 - 2 gigs

I would like to get between 24 and 60 fps.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hey Guys,

I have Assetto Corsa and it runs fine on my current rig. I seem to be able to only get 19-20 frames per second though. Here are my specs. Is it just a matter of upgrading ram though?

AMD A6-6400K 3.90 ghz
4 gigs ram
Win 8.1 64 bit
NVidia Geforce GT 630 - 2 gigs

I would like to get between 24 and 60 fps.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Hi Jeremy,
4GB Ram is barely enough, 8 would be better.
You main problem is the GPU. Make this a priority and look to upgrade it quickly. If you decide to, tell us your budget.

Full grid at Spa, (excluding the smokey start),

Morning & Day: Avg of 70 fps
Sunset: Avg of 60 fps

Specs: i5 4460, 8 gb ram, gtx 750 ti
(http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/details.php?id=243ag)

Settings:
Shadows: High (Pay attention to this. Ultra takes 15 f*****g fps. Lower to high for fps gain.)
Smoke Generation: Low
Overall Effect Quality: High
Glare: High
Dof: Off
Motion Blur: Off
High Quality Mirror Reflection: Off
Reflection Quality: Low
Reflection Rendering Frequency: Static

Every other single option is either maxed out or on. The damn thing looks beautiful. Been playing for 2 hours straight.

Last edited:
Full grid at Spa, during any hour(excluding the smokey start), steady 70 fps.

Specs: i5 4460, 8 gb ram, gtx 750 ti with a %20 oc

Settings:
Shadows: High(Pay attention to this. Ultra takes 15 ****ing fps. Lower to high for fps gain.)
Smoke Generation: Low
Overall Effect Quality: Normal
Glare: Off
Dof: Off
Motion Blur: Off
Reflection Quality: Low
Reflection Rendering Frequency: Static

Every other single option is either maxed out or on. The damn thing looks beautiful. Been playing for 2 hours straight.

Track detail set to Ultra will kill your framerates at Spa too.

Set up my base (new) system today and ran AC.

AMD 6600K (4.2Ghz quad), 6GB 1600Mhz Ram, built in HD8570D. (I have an R7 sitting here to put in it later, don't worry..)

I can get smooth gameplay at 1080P, 2xAA, 8xAF, post processing off, low smoke, med shadows and 11xAI opponents so that's a huge improvement over my totally out of date work system which couldn't do a race at all! *chuckles*

It looks a bit jaggy with only 2xAA, but not like 0xAA would. I'm going to run with this system as stock for a few days to make sure it's all fine before I pretty much invalidate my guarantee by popping a slot in the back of the case and fitting the R7 :coffee:

I honestly hope that they can restore Antialising for what it was before RC, right now is not possible to get ride of the jagged edges.
Setting it through Nvidia Inspector is not working, also Supersampling or Sparse Grid Supersampling is not working properly, enabling it makes the image blurred and do not remove the jagged edges.
Honestly I dont know why they had to change AA settings, previously was quite ok in matters of image quality vs performance.

I honestly hope that they can restore Antialising for what it was before RC, right now is not possible to get ride of the jagged edges.
Setting it through Nvidia Inspector is not working, also Supersampling or Sparse Grid Supersampling is not working properly, enabling it makes the image blurred and do not remove the jagged edges.
Honestly I dont know why they had to change AA settings, previously was quite ok in matters of image quality vs performance.

I just tested SGSSAA it and it works as it should. Aliasing is almost complete eliminated and there's no blurring. However, the performance penalty is too great for most people to use.

This is how you enable it in Nvidia Inspector.

bdlh6c.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%